• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey Lighthouse--- 3 months have passed, and still no book or refund...

267 posts in this topic

I'll make his debt up to you. I happen to know what is going on with him and his family life, and, to put it mildly, your debt is probably very, very low on his list of things that he give a [!@#%^&^] about.

What is that supposed to mean? Are we all allowed to forget about our business commitments because we have a family illness or other hardship?

Or is the guy dead or something?

Yeah, seriously. How are we supposed to know whether you're TRULY in the know with him or not, Donut? How do we know you're not just buying one of his snow jobs?

Seriously, I've been hearing so many rumors and whispers about the guy I don't know what to believe. FD, I don't know that there's anything you can say that will make me believe that you know what's "really" going on on his end. No offense to you.

Either way, that's a very kind and noble offer, FD.

I'll make his debt up to you. I happen to know what is going on with him and his family life, and, to put it mildly, your debt is probably very, very low on his list of things that he give a [!@#%^&^] about.

What is that supposed to mean? Are we all allowed to forget about our business commitments because we have a family illness or other hardship?

Yeah, seriously. How are we supposed to know whether you're TRULY in the know with him or not, Donut? How do we know you're not just buying one of his snow jobs?

Seriously, I've been hearing so many rumors and whispers about the guy I don't know what to believe. FD, I don't know that there's anything you can say that will make me believe that you know what's "really" going on on his end. No offense to you.

MK,

It doesn't matter what you believe. What matters is that FD believes in 'House. Thats what friends do.

MK,

It doesn't matter what you believe. What matters is that FD believes in 'House. Thats what friends do.

I dig it, I really do... but that's cold comfort for the people who are out money and it's not fair to expect Donut to refund EVERYONE'S money. The whole situation just sucks hass.

Being the person who spoke up the loudest asking those with outstanding orders for leniency and understanding... I must offer my humble apologies to the board, especially Gary, and anyone else that may have responded to my appeal and are currently out cash or product. To my knowledge, Gary and I are the only ones... without including the Lee Superman deals that are becoming an issue now, but I am not positive.

At this point, I too am disappointed even in light of knowing the circumstances. The last email I received from 'house was (9/3/04). In it he revealed a new family related problem that would take him away from home on 9/13/04 for an undisclosed amount of time, possibly months. In that email, he also mentioned that he had satisfied all orders except Gary's (and mine) and would contact Gary by that Sunday (9/5) to resolve it. I had been sending him all the posts that dealt with outstanding orders in an attempt to help him keep on top of it and help expedite a resolution for anyone who needed one. I replied to that email asking him to also send my order since he had procured the lost 1602 issues from Carl. That was the last I heard from him and there was 10 days left before he was to leave. Certainly enough to resolve Gary's order and mine and reply if there was any changes/problems. In fact, a courtesy reply or contact of some sort was in order IMHO regardless before he left. I emailed and called numerous times before and after his scheduled departure and never received a reply.

Back to the last email... there was some good news in that email and without going into much detail, it seemed as his wife received some good news about her condition although she was not "out of the woods". She was also feeling better with new procedures/medication. He also said he was recovering emotionally and was starting to feel like he could deal with this all better. I was glad to hear it.

I still honestly feel that all debts will be repaid, but obviously "when" is the issue. I can't tell you why I won't go so far as to call him a thief or write off my order and Gary's... but I just can't believe he'd do that. Unless there is a new catastrophic problem I'm unaware of, what is painfully clear to me at this point is that there is no good excuse for the repeated lack of communication on his part at junctures where they are crucial and deserved (and doable). Especially when there was noted improvement in his situation. With all the time and effort I put in, I was very surprised and "stung" when he left without contacting me with an update on all pending situations... and still has not contacted me. Now his email account has been suspended as my latest attempt bounced back with that message.

I continue to hope his personal life improves and that his wife's medical issues will have a happy ending. Having gone through the same with my wife, I know it's no picnic and is in part why I got involved and tried to help him. I still consider 'house a friend, but I'll feel very let down if there is nothing new I'm unaware of that really prevented, and still prevents him from responding. If not, when he does return, he has many amends to make... and also needs to look himself in the mirror and finally take steps to resolve his issues with common courtesy and communication before he enters the business world again.

My apologies again. crazy.gif If Gary, (or other forumites) were offered a refund around the same time Chromium received his goods, and elected to wait for their order instead... and honestly did so based on my support for 'house, please PM my to discuss a refund. Anyone that wants to rip me now for "butting in"... I can't blame you.

sorry.gif

Did 'House show up at Baltimore like he planned? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nope. He contacted me about a week before and said that he would be unable to make it due to personal issues. That was the last time I spoke with him. confused-smiley-013.gif

I hope everything is allright with him.