• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey Lighthouse--- 3 months have passed, and still no book or refund...

267 posts in this topic

I think that the problem is that most people, including myself, just whizz by reading all these posts pretty quickly without analyzing them for exaggerations, jokes, previous responses and all that. I too Supa thought that your $1,000 remark was legit

.....lets be real here for a moment,...Supa would have to sell his blood three times a day for over a month to come up with $1,000.00,...

I think that the problem is that most people, including myself, just whizz by reading all these posts pretty quickly without analyzing them for exaggerations, jokes, previous responses and all that. I too Supa thought that your $1,000 remark was legit

.....lets be real here for a moment,...Supa would have to sell his blood three times a day for over a month to come up with $1,000.00,...

893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

sign-funnypost.gif27_laughing.gif i think people are just looking for a witchunt or are drama queens. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif as i PREVIOUSLY posted, RE read the WHOLE thread again with my posts. gossip.gif you SHALL see the TRUTH. 893whatthe.gif take a chill pill and relax, i even stated that i've met LH and he is not a crook. foreheadslap.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

If Darth doesn't have them I will likely be giving full refunds to the six buyers and shipping the incomplete sets as a thank you for their patience. If Darth does have them, I will be sending the sets plus some TPBs as thank yous...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Yup, I've got them but mysteriously their prices just rose to 2002 CGC 9.8 prices 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't know. All I know is that Stronguy insulted me & Marvel 25th out of the blue. Marvel 25th got an apology but I still haven't got mine. And I want an apology from the mods too. mad.gif

Sorry BOC. flowerred.gif I just made you the object of the insult 'cus yours was the last post I read before responding to M25 and you seem to have a pretty twisted sense of humor. I didn't think I'd torque you that bad. Sorry.

Looks like the mods just killed the whole thread from my "Welcome to the board" post on down.

I got an apology? The fact that its no longer on the board makes me believe it wasn't heartfelt. Something like 'I'm sorry you blanking blank.' I don't really care. I understand backing up a friend but I also understand that Lighthouse is the one in the wrong here, and so was the way stronguy insulted me. cool.gif

I'm glad to see House responded.I don't know whats going on with him,but obviously he is having some problems.

I,for one, am not going to give up on a person I like over a $35 book being late. In our last series of PMs,I asked him if he wanted me to paypal him the balance due,and he said to wait until the books shipped. Does this sound like someone with larceny in their hearts?

On the other hand,until he has a better track record on shipping,I'm not going to patronize his business. Support the man,yes. His business,no.

True to his word, Lighthouse is TCB, received two GPE's this morning with 4 archives from my order. 'House tells me that I should receive 5 or 6 more packages this week thumbsup2.gif

Told you you'd get them! smile.gif

And House, hope you get everything sorted out. Give me a call/PM when you have a chance to discuss B'more. thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, now it's just yours that are MIA shocked.gif...

Good to see you sobered up from your weird weekend, sending me PMs at 4AM about horror comics....Jeesh man, is there no end to your wicked ways tongue.gif

Yeah, now it's just yours that are MIA shocked.gif...

give him some time to pull them out from under the skank du jour he was doing on top of them... 27_laughing.gif

shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

He told me he had a mini trailer attached to his trailer where he kept all my books....

shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

I got an apology? The fact that its no longer on the board makes me believe it wasn't heartfelt. Something like 'I'm sorry you blanking blank.' I don't really care. I understand backing up a friend but I also understand that Lighthouse is the one in the wrong here, and so was the way stronguy insulted me. cool.gif

I think you actually responed to the message that had my apology in it. But if you didn't see it here it is again...

Sorry for going off on you. It was uncalled for.

Oldguy told me that he was giving everyone the appropriate email address to reach me at (tpbking@comcast.net), so that anyone who hadn't received an answer to a PM could reach me via email. Yet, not a single forumite has emailed me to discuss a transaction since this thread began. Not one.

No one has emailed me asking for refunds. No one has emailed me at all.

893scratchchin-thumb.gifforeheadslap.gifinsane.gif

I will come out publicly now and say that Lighthouse has made good on my request. He paypal'd me a full refund and then some, and also sent me a Spiderman Masterworks book to make up for it.

I've done business in the past with Lighthouse and was happy with the results, so I cant take that against him. I do understand that sometimes LIFE takes precedence over EVERYTHING ELSE. The problem with this whole experience is that I was never informed of any difficulties. I was never advised that he was

A) Having problems locating my original order

&

B) That he had other things going on in his life that had to be handled

I hate that I had to come onto the board ranting and raving over a mere 35$, but I did work for that money, and felt as though I was being given the short end of the stick. I still believe that, since neither A or B was communicated to me. And worse, not only were neither A or B communicated to me, but NOTHING was ever communicated with me other than the form email sent from him via eBAY during the SanDiego Con. And that email really didnt tell me much of anything.

I can now say that the ordeal is over for me.

I would much rather have had a simple short email or PM explaining that there would be a delay in completing my order than to have gotten additional funds and a free book from House.

Satisified? Not really...but I understand that things happen. I just hate that it had to come down to what it did.