• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey Lighthouse--- 3 months have passed, and still no book or refund...

267 posts in this topic

Well the final part of my order just arived, package #7 & #8....

I'm guessing he'll get to all other orders as well, there was a 10-day delay between package #6 and the ones I got now, so he probably is sending these things out whenever he has time due to his difficult situation right now...

My order was paid for 6 months ago and should have gotten here 4.5 months ago(M-bag) but we don't need to rehash the how and the why. Lighthouse did his best to make it up to me, he sent everything in GPE's which cost him $72.00 (I paid about $25.00 for Mbag shipping) and he also sent me a free Archives Doom Patrol #2 hardcover...

I'm sure he'll get to everybody that is on his list so good luck to everyone thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gifscrewy.gif

ani.gifani.gifani.gif Spidey-sense tingling... troll alert... ani.gifani.gifani.gif

sorry.gif
27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif
headbang.gif

Well the final part of my order just arived, package #7 & #8....

I'm guessing he'll get to all other orders as well, there was a 10-day delay between package #6 and the ones I got now, so he probably is sending these things out whenever he has time due to his difficult situation right now...

My order was paid for 6 months ago and should have gotten here 4.5 months ago(M-bag) but we don't need to rehash the how and the why. Lighthouse did his best to make it up to me, he sent everything in GPE's which cost him $72.00 (I paid about $25.00 for Mbag shipping) and he also sent me a free Archives Doom Patrol #2 hardcover...

I'm sure he'll get to everybody that is on his list so good luck to everyone thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gifscrewy.gif

ani.gifani.gifani.gif Spidey-sense tingling... troll alert... ani.gifani.gifani.gif

sorry.gif
27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif
headbang.gif
sumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif

Everybody else seems to have received at least part of their order, which is nice, but I still haven't had a thing. I know 3 of my archives are delayed, but that presumably means that 3 are on hand and I know they get posted out in batches of 2. So surely I should have had at least one package by now? 893frustrated.gif

Another 11 days have gone by and still nothing from my order of 6 DC archives. No replies to emails either. What's really pissed me off is that subsequent to this thread starting, I placed another order for 6 archives with Amazon UK. Their lead times with these are never instant, but I still received a package last Friday, which was a turnaround of under 2 weeks. mad.gif

Everybody else seems to have received at least part of their order, which is nice, but I still haven't had a thing. I know 3 of my archives are delayed, but that presumably means that 3 are on hand and I know they get posted out in batches of 2. So surely I should have had at least one package by now? 893frustrated.gif

Another 11 days have gone by and still nothing from my order of 6 DC archives. No replies to emails either. What's really pissed me off is that subsequent to this thread starting, I placed another order for 6 archives with Amazon UK. Their lead times with these are never instant, but I still received a package last Friday, which was a turnaround of under 2 weeks. mad.gif

Here we are 3 weeks later. No sign of any books and zero communication. It's starting to look pretty bad.

Lighthouse's personal problems have been briefly alluded to in this thread, but there does seem to be a deeper problem here. His initial e-bay account was NARU'd and his new TPBKing account fell the same way. This was excused as being a minor technicality - the telephone number matched the first account or some such nonsense - and we were told that this would be sorted out pronto. This must be nearly 3 months ago now. This was also around the time that the bricks and mortar store was found to be no more, which may well have been a genuine business move.

There are still several board members who have yet to be despatched goods, but these boards only make up a small percentage of all ebay users. There is no way of knowing who else is owed stuff (or maybe it's only contributors here who get shafted), but this seems a much more likely reason for the account NARU.

The TPBKing account was subsidised by feedback that was bought from board members and it was this feedback that enabled House to start to run BIN auctions. My last archive deal was made under cover of a single BIN purchase from an ebay listing, with a $200 postage charge to cover the rest of the order. This was apparently done so that I could increase House's feedback (which I stupidly did, the second after I paypal'd the money; I never even received a positive in return), but also nicely circumvented ebay's FVF.

All the evidence seems to point to a business that's been in trouble for some time. It's an easy move to take money from new sales to pay off the debts accrued when dealing with old sales, when you've bitten off too much too quickly.

I have no idea whether I will ever receive a refund or my books, but I am quite peeved. I made the order because I wanted the product. Do I go out and buy $200+ worth of material again, only to find that I receive a second set later on or do I sit back and find that I never get to receive what I actually want? When I made the order it was on the basis that I would receive the books in some reasonable time, not at some nebulous future date, which may or may not occur.

Communication is a good cornerstone in business relationships, particularly at a time when you find yourself in trouble. People can actually be quite understanding, but only when they are informed promptly and truthfully as to what the situation is. This has been completely lacking in this deal and also in several others, looking through this thread as a whole.

If I receive my books, would I ever deal with House again? Well, yes actually. But only if I ordered on credit. I paid up front this time and I've been badly let down, however, I've run a business of my own for 15 years and in all that time I've never paid anyone outside of the terms of my credit agreement with them. Lighthouse can certainly trust me, I only wish I could say the same in reverse.

Should the Superman 6 month orders start being processed? Has it been six months into Lee's run? 'House was wrong when he said people ordered a year subscription because I know 3-4 people who ordered the 6 month one.

Maybe I should have asked for a refund. frown.gif

I sent him an email about my outstanding order and he didn't even bother to respond.I told him if it was going to be weeks,I could wait but if months,then I'd take a refund.Either way I asked for a response. No response!

Can't say I was surprised.

He's completely flaked, guys. I would say that if you haven't yet seen your books, you probably won't. People were FAR too lenient with him when this all first started up.

Did 'House show up at Baltimore like he planned? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I e-mailed him several months ago and received no response for an order I placed at the beginning of the year.

To make matters even worse I believe 'House has moved from Oregon. He was in the process of moving to another state because of his wife's job.

I guess that money is flushed. sorry.gif

I don't believe my money is flushed,nor yours. I do think he will make good all around. Just bugs me that he comes on,says no-one emailed him and then doesn't respond when we do.

Why would he need to make good on his debts? He has no brick and mortar store. His wife makes more money than he does. He doesn't even post on the boards anymore. He could just keep the money, which has probably been spent already and never look back.

I don't believe my money is flushed,nor yours. I do think he will make good all around. Just bugs me that he comes on,says no-one emailed him and then doesn't respond when we do.

Why would he need to make good on his debts? He has no brick and mortar store. His wife makes more money than he does. He doesn't even post on the boards anymore. He could just keep the money, which has probably been spent already and never look back.

Why would he make good on his debts?

Because he's not a dirtbag. He's a good guy who seems to have fallen on hard times.If you really think you won't get your stuff or your money,why not take up strong Guy on his offer?

But he's a little screwy.gif

Way back at the dawn of the TPB Kingdom, he sent me a TPB in an envelope with a single piece of corrugated carboard. Usually a bad idea to start with because such packaging almost never protects the stuff inside. Well, in my case, he ensured that the TPB wouldn't arrive undamaged because he used a piece of cardboard that appeared to be the side and top flap of a box. Absolutely no rigidity at all, and every stress that the package received went right to that single area at a minimum.

Unlike others here at least I received my a package with something in it. Bent all to hell, but I got it... foreheadslap.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

Why would he make good on his debts?

Because he's not a dirtbag. He's a good guy who seems to have fallen on hard times.If you really think you won't get your stuff or your money,why not take up strong Guy on his offer?

That made me laugh, Shad. How is he not a dirtbag? He takes money from plenty of people and delivers no product, no communications, and no refunds. If this had been a unknown seller on Ebay you would be screaming bloody murder. The fact that he is a known board member is the only thing holding any credibility that he might have.

If Strong guy's offer is still valid I will be more than willing to have him pay 'House's debt. 'House owes me about $200 worth of stuff.

I can understand someone falling on hard times. This however goes beyond the simple hard times explanation. The fact is 'House has made life of being deceptive and I think it has caught up to him.

I'll make his debt up to you. I happen to know what is going on with him and his family life, and, to put it mildly, your debt is probably very, very low on his list of things that he gives a [!@#%^&^] about. He is not a lowlife - he has major life issues going on.

You're out $200? PM me your address and I'll send you a check tomorrow morning.

I'll make his debt up to you. I happen to know what is going on with him and his family life, and, to put it mildly, your debt is probably very, very low on his list of things that he give a [!@#%^&^] about.

What is that supposed to mean? Are we all allowed to forget about our business commitments because we have a family illness or other hardship?

Or is the guy dead or something?