• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

Well, gee.

I'm reading a few of the reviews and cannot believe the level of praise for this film. I'm so happy for Marvel, which as a studio is far better than as a comic publisher (right now), but even more happy for us that we get to see these films in the ever-expanding cinematic universe.

Just tell me that this piece from Eric Eisenberg doesn't make you smile!

When Guardians of the Galaxy was first announced, it was viewed as a risky proposition on behalf of Marvel Studios, given that the titular comic book heroes were largely unknowns to even most die-hard comic book fans. Now having seen the film, all of that questioning just seems rather foolish. What James Gunn and company have put together is nothing short of phenomenal, and one of the most outstanding, entertaining pieces of science-fiction space opera out there. It’s unlike anything you’ve ever seen, and everything you could want from a piece of summer entertainment.

Dan

this movie will outgross ASM2 in the US. oh, the humanity

Turtles are going to shave it down awfully quick. No matter the good reviews (see Cap and X-Men) these movies do not have the widespread appeal that Turtles will have (see Transformers)

Bad timing for what clearly looks to be a great movie.

this movie will outgross ASM2 in the US. oh, the humanity

Turtles are going to shave it down awfully quick. No matter the good reviews (see Cap and X-Men) these movies do not have the widespread appeal that Turtles will have (see Transformers)

Bad timing for what clearly looks to be a great movie.

you may want to put on an HSX trade because right now GOTG expected to do 2x TMNT domestic box office

Marvel already knows it has another hit on its hands.

James Gunn Confirmed To Write And Direct GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Sequel

-------------------------------

The Wrap has revealed that James Gunn will return to both write and direct a sequel to Guardians of the Galaxy. Their source? Not the usual studio insiders, but co-writer Nicole Perlman! There obviously hasn't been an official announcement as of yet as Marvel are likely waiting on those all important box office results, but reviews have been overwhelmingly positive and it's expected to overperform next weekend. "They started to figure it out pretty quick when they started getting the reactions from the audience; it was a very positive reaction," Perlman revealed exclusively to the site. "Of course they would want to make a sequel as long as it does well and people are excited about it, they'll wanna do a sequel. So, it's going to happen. James will be directing ‘Guardians 2,’ so he would also be writing ‘Guardians 2."

-------------------------------

Guardians of the Galaxy Movie Review From A Marvel Cosmic Fan

--------------------------

This is very much an origin story without the clunkiness of one. The way the characters meet each other is very organic and doesn't fight you to logistically defy it. Plenty of Easter Eggs from the telepathic "enemy" of Rocket to some characters that use Judgement tying into the Infinity Stones.

Much like Drax with metaphors, this movie won't go over your head. From Star-Lord's pop-culture references and cockiness, Rocket's ingenuity and craftiness , to Groot's endearing empathy and quite capable violence, this film will make your root for it.

I enjoyed this movie and I would gladly pay full price of admission without reservation. 5/5 Stars- Easily the best Marvel movie to date.

--------------------------

:whee:

Holy Toledo the Rotten tomatoes reviews are off the charts higher than any I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewers 100%

Audience 99%

Appears I was wrong about this movie