• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

If Bug has a cameo in this movie I'm going to lmao when Micronauts #1 instantly becomes a $200 book.

Gunn has said a few times that they really wanted Bug but couldn't get the green light to use him.

Peace,

Chip

James Gunn Talks THUNDERBOLTS, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Sequel, Not Having The Rights To BUG And More!

------------------------------

"I will tell you, one time I was saying to Kevin [Feige], we were sitting on set together on one of the days he visited and I said, ‘You know, I really want to make Thunderbolts,' and he said, 'James, if Guardians does well you'll be able to do whatever you want.' So we'll see what happens."

Pressures on!

Gunn had this to say, "We don't own Bug. So Bug is not in the sequel he would be one of my primarily contenders for a sequel but to be completely honest, I'm in love with the Guardians and I would love to stay in the Marvel Cosmic arena for the time being. It's true."

Mego or the original Japanese toy company must own the rights. That's interesting. As at one point there was talk in the beginning that Bug would appear in GotG.

:bump:

On the Bug rights.

:news:

BIG SPOILER ALERT!

:news:

Guardians Of The Galaxy Mid-Credit Scene Revealed.

-------------------------------

Comic fans know that Groot can be completely destroyed but come back to life as long as a splinter of him is still around for someone to plant in a pot. In the movie Groot sacrifices himself to save the rest of the Guardians, and the mid-credits scene is of baby Groot dancing in a pot to the Jackson 5′s “I Want You Back”.

-------------------------------

Some insufficiently_on_the_bandwagon_person gave it a splat on RT so now it's "only" 97%.

There are some folks out there that are totally missing the point of Guardians, and not liking the volume of humor included in the story. I don't get that. One fellow wrote an article that 'Guardians' will be Marvel's doomsday.

:facepalm:

Can't folks let the movie come out and prove itself before 'doomsday' is posted in an article?

Some insufficiently_on_the_bandwagon_person gave it a splat on RT so now it's "only" 97%.

There are some folks out there that are totally missing the point of Guardians, and not liking the volume of humor included in the story. I don't get that. One fellow wrote an article that 'Guardians' will be Marvel's doomsday.

Can't folks let the movie come out and prove itself before 'doomsday' is posted in an article?

after the first trailer, i would have agreed. looked terrible. the second trailer changed my opinion. i'm still not sold on Star-Lord but Marvel will be getting my $ with this one.

James Gunn Talks THUNDERBOLTS, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Sequel, Not Having The Rights To BUG And More!

"I will tell you, one time I was saying to Kevin [Feige], we were sitting on set together on one of the days he visited and I said, ‘You know, I really want to make Thunderbolts,' and he said, 'James, if Guardians does well you'll be able to do whatever you want.' So we'll see what happens."

Pressures on!

Gunn had this to say, "We don't own Bug. So Bug is not in the sequel he would be one of my primarily contenders for a sequel but to be completely honest, I'm in love with the Guardians and I would love to stay in the Marvel Cosmic arena for the time being. It's true."

Mego or the original Japanese toy company must own the rights. That's interesting. As at one point there was talk in the beginning that Bug would appear in GotG.

:bump:

On the Bug rights.

Not so sure about that. Takara may not own the rights outright but they may be muddied. Bug appears in the comics as recently as a couple of years ago. Takara / Hasbro does not own the rights to characters that Marvel created in conjunction to the publications of Takara / Hasbro materials. For example, despite being a Transformers character, Circuit Breaker was created by Marvel. Takara / Hasbro has not been allowed to make toys nor allow IDW to use the character since it was a human character created by Marvel.

after the first trailer, i would have agreed. looked terrible. the second trailer changed my opinion. i'm still not sold on Star-Lord but Marvel will be getting my $ with this one.

it could go both ways just like IM3 some didn't like it and some that enjoyed it.

Some lesser known critics take the opportunity of a massively hyped film to gain notoriety by taking an aggressive contrarian approach. I'm not saying that if your opinion isn't positive of the film you have an agenda but this "doom gloom" stuff is bait to get emotional fans riled up so they can click and comment, nothing else.

Some lesser known critics take the opportunity of a massively hyped film to gain notoriety by taking an aggressive contrarian approach. I'm not saying that if your opinion isn't positive of the film you have an agenda but this "doom gloom" stuff is bait to get emotional fans riled up so they can click and comment, nothing else.

doh!

That's a good point on what some of these publishers may be doing. When the majority are talking up a project, the only way to stand out is to do the opposite.

Rotten Tomatoes consensus (97% currently, should go down a little bit more as more reviews come in but I think it'll still be in the low to mid nineties, I think):

Guardians of the Galaxy is just as irreverent as fans of the frequently zany Marvel comic would expect -- as well as funny, thrilling, full of heart, and packed with visual splendor.