• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

I wish I understood people like you. Your opinion of the movie makes absolutely zero sense to me.

Peace,

Chip

Kind of like someone showing up in a DC movie appreciation thread to post how Marvel is great, and DC/Warner sucks.

:baiting:

Solid B, maybe B+ for me.

Took the family to the Imax showing today and we all enjoyed it but I still cant put it up there with Avengers, a movie that had me rewatching it 4 times at the theater.

Guardians will definitely be seen again but I'll probably wait for the blu ray copy.

Trying to reconcile the cuteness of dancing Groot with the earlier skewering of bad guy soldiers by 'adult' Groot. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned but heroes, especially ones being targeted as child's toys, shouldn't be impaling people should they?

And Marvel, please give us after credits scenes with some meat to them. IM3 and GotG blew 2 recent opportunities to further tie together this amazing movie universe you're building. This one in particular since a teaser for one of the 2015 movies would have played much better on the last 2014 movie.

Absolutely great special effects and overall fun summer movie though. Not surprising that the sequel was green lighted so quickly!

All in all, not a great, or even good movie. Just passable.

I wish I understood people like you. Your opinion of the movie makes absolutely zero sense to me.

Peace,

Chip

Ha Ha. Nothing personal. But I don't understand how someone likes this movie as much, or more, than the Avengers movie. IMO, they ain't even in the same ball park.

But hey. I don't like Coors beer or Coke Zero either. So....

Perhaps I should have heeded the title of this thread more, and started one for those that were not thrilled with this movie. My bad.

Peace,

Chip

Ha Ha. Nothing personal. But I don't understand how someone likes this movie as much, or more, than the Avengers movie. IMO, they ain't even in the same ball park.

Perhaps I should have heeded the title of this thread more, and started one for those that were not thrilled with this movie. My bad.

WHAT!!!!! You don't like Coke Zero. You Fiend!!! lol

Peace,

Chip

It's right here http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=84&Number=7916198&Searchpage=1&Main=349755&Words=Hated&topic=0&Search=true#Post7916198

Disney really pumped this movie on their channel.

I think this movie has been promoted harder than any other Marvel movie. Seems like the Guardian trailers were everywhere. I think they knew they had a winner on their hands and I think they believe this will be a future franchise for Disney - movies, cartoons, toys, rides at Disneyland, Grootburgers.

Disney really pumped this movie on their channel.

I think this movie has been promoted harder than any other Marvel movie. Seems like the Guardian trailers were everywhere. I think they knew they had a winner on their hands and I think they believe this will be a future franchise for Disney - movies, cartoons, toys, rides at Disneyland, Grootburgers.

Yep, I can just see the little stuffed Groot and Rocket Raccoon dolls in the Disney stores.

Solid B, maybe B+ for me.

:fear:

tumblr_mc317ybUMw1qlmu8mo1_500.gif

:grin:

Hey its pretty good but A is reserved for Star Wars, Empire, and yes Avengers.

TV-wise it would be M.A.S.H and Breaking Bad fwiw.

I think Marvel took a big chance on GOTG,and it paid off big time.

They had to if they wanted to keep making comic book movies.

Now pretty much any Marvel character has a shot to have their own movie.

While Howard the Duck cameo made not get him a film, it does give Marvel/Disney options for future movie or TV series.

Get people talking about it,and they'll listen.

The trailers I think got people excited about seeing a different side of the Marvel Universe.

I hope audiences will embrace the Mystical side of MCU with Dr.Strange.

And Marvel, please give us after credits scenes with some meat to them. IM3 and GotG blew 2 recent opportunities to further tie together this amazing movie universe you're building. This one in particular since a teaser for one of the 2015 movies would have played much better on the last 2014 movie.

I think the bigger blown opportunity is that they didn't attach the Age Of Ultron SDCC trailer to all GotG digital "prints."

Peace,

Chip

I think the bigger blown opportunity is that they didn't attach the Age Of Ultron SDCC trailer to all GotG digital "prints."

Peace,

Chip

I could not agree any more with that. That is where Marvel dropped the ball. Especially because this was the last movie before Avengers 2.

i saw the movie today with my wife and we both loved it. I laughed through out the whole film and was enthralled with the visuals with Ronan etc. For a younger generation this could be their "star wars".

just a great all around epic space movie.