• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

Saw it again today with my girlfriend.

Still don't see how anyone says they saw Beta Ray Bill or Warlock in that one tank. That was a guy wearing a red jumpsuit. You can clearly see him wearing red pants that match his shirt (that people are saying is a cape).

I only went by the pictures posted since I have not seen this movie yet. But I can see what you are talking about with the red jumpsuit look.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY – Is this Beta Ray Bill?

beta-ray-bill.jpg

Dark Elf

vlcsnap-2014-08-04-22h08m11s9_thumb.png

Cosmo

vlcsnap-2014-08-04-22h11m54s203_thumb.png

Adam Warlock's cocoon

vlcsnap-2014-08-04-22h12m47s187_thumb1.png

Kevin Feige Teases GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 Plot And Future Plans For THANOS

-----------------------

In a recent interview with IGN Movies, Kevin Feige was quizzed about the hints which were dropped in the movie's final act about Peter Quill's father and whether that will form the backbone of the recently announced sequel which is set to be released in 2017. "I think it's pretty important," he teased. "I think there's a reason we seeded it at the very end of the film like that. I think that would certainly be part of a next Guardians adventure. Certainly, that would be part of it." As for Thanos - who has so far failed to aquire any of the Infinity Stones - and whether or not we'll see why he's a force to be reckoned with anytime soon (such as in Avengers: Age of Ultron next year for example), Feige added: "That is an excellent point to make. I don't know. The truth is, anything I say would be a spoiler, frankly, on that. I don't think it's required. I think you could go right into a Thanos-centered movie and tell the audience anything you need to know. But the fun of our universe is that the characters can pop up in multiple franchises, so... perhaps. It is a good question."

-----------------------

-----------------------

~

As for Thanos - who has so far failed to aquire any of the Infinity Stones ~

-----------------------

I have a feeling

at this point Thanos is more interested in determining the exact locations of the infinity Stones before attempting to acquire them - probably in one fell swoop. That's how he rolls.

I have a feeling

at this point Thanos is more interested in determining the exact locations of the infinity Stones before attempting to acquire them - probably in one fell swoop. That's how he rolls.

Are you hooked on that feeling????

:sorry: ….I may have had too many girly drinks right now.

-----------------------

In a recent interview with IGN Movies, Kevin Feige was quizzed about the hints which were dropped in the movie's final act about Peter Quill's father and whether that will form the backbone of the recently announced sequel which is set to be released in 2017. "I think it's pretty important," he teased. "I think there's a reason we seeded it at the very end of the film like that. I think that would certainly be part of a next Guardians adventure. Certainly, that would be part of it." As for Thanos - who has so far failed to aquire any of the Infinity Stones - and whether or not we'll see why he's a force to be reckoned with anytime soon (such as in Avengers: Age of Ultron next year for example), Feige added: "That is an excellent point to make. I don't know. The truth is, anything I say would be a spoiler, frankly, on that. I don't think it's required. I think you could go right into a Thanos-centered movie and tell the audience anything you need to know. But the fun of our universe is that the characters can pop up in multiple franchises, so... perhaps. It is a good question."

-----------------------

When in comes to Kevin Feige you have to read between the lines. So basically "Thanos Quest" will either be a movie in phase 3 or parts of the story in multple movies.

-----------------------

-----------------------

When in comes to Kevin Feige you have to read between the lines. So basically "Thanos Quest" will either be a movie in phase 3 or parts of the story in multple movies.

:cloud9:

-----------------------

~

As for Thanos - who has so far failed to aquire any of the Infinity Stones ~

-----------------------

I have a feeling

+1

I agree. That's his character, I hope that is what they are thinking the reasoning will be in the (eventual) film where he obtains them. I know it's not going to happen, but in a perfect world, we'd get a mini-movie styled after the Thanos Quest that would lead up to the big event.

Surely it's going to take more than one movie to tell the Thanos story properly?

I bet the Guardians come to earth to see the Avengers not for Korvac but for Thanos.

Surely it's going to take more than one movie to tell the Thanos story properly?

I bet the Guardians come to earth to see the Avengers not for Korvac but for Thanos.

But I am wondering what it will take to truly tell the story that is behind-the-scenes, and how long can they stretch it out before it takes too long to deliver. Is the average movie attendee going to be up for the same hints stretched over two to four movies (mix of team and individual character movies), or will that start to be too much stretched out storytelling?

Right now, the box office results says that is fine. But where is the breaking point where Marvel finally needs to deliver this story? Avengers 3 or Guardians 2?

I had a busy weekend & haven't kept up with either this thread or the news reports on GotG since Wednesday of last week. I still have no idea of the box office.

I did receive some positive word of mouth reviews.

I am going to try to see it tonight. I'll check back in on this thread after the movie.

:popcorn:

The music.

But I am wondering what it will take to truly tell the story that is behind-the-scenes, and how long can they stretch it out before it takes too long to deliver. Is the average movie attendee going to be up for the same hints stretched over two to four movies (mix of team and individual character movies), or will that start to be too much stretched out storytelling?

Right now, the box office results says that is fine. But where is the breaking point where Marvel finally needs to deliver this story? Avengers 3 or Guardians 2?

(shrug) Either way I can't wait to see how it plays out.

Just saw it yesterday

Had a great time

As I wasn't really familiar with any of the Guardians prior to this movie, my favorite character turned out to be Ronan(who I know from the FF), I thought they did a great job with him.

The Collector was great too, I would have liked to see more of his collection.

Without reading through this whole thread, who are people guessing that Starlords dad is?

That and the part where Korath (Djimon Hounsou) addresses PQ as "Starlord" and he shows his satisfaction. :)

that was my favourite line of the entire movie, so awesome, "finally!"