• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Philly May 30-31 - June 1-2, 2013

150 posts in this topic

Show was nice and light yesterday. Got to check out everything and setup my SS book with Desert Winds. Stan shows up today so I imagine there will be an uptick in people just for him.

Highlights for me so far were:

-watching Mico Suayan do a killer Joker sketch at the Comiconart table.

-talking books with Ted at Superworld

kind of crummy no publishers show up. I find the lack of variants disturbing. My friend and I decided we will go to NYCC next year instead.

que sera, sera

kind of crummy no publishers show up. I find the lack of variants disturbing. My friend and I decided we will go to NYCC next year instead.

que sera, sera

I thought Marvel was supposed to be there?

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the ridiculous prices that are being charged for this show. $50 (with service charge) for Friday (only open for 6 hours) and $60 (with service charge) for Saturday... and those are online prices which are $5 less than the door.

I guess if you swim in the deep end of the pool, it's something worthwhile, but since I don't, no way would I pay that. Was trying to get a dealer badge in, and would have worked/helped out in that exchange, but no dice. Having other options locally is nice.

They said on their website they would stop Friday night. They weren't really busy at drop off, but when I went around to pick up they had boxes and boxes of already slabbed stuff. The lady said the turn around time was like 4-5 hours. I guess Saturday is just the busiest day, so they don't want to make promises.

They still take submission, but not on site. You can still sub anything you want it is just that you have to wait normal time and go through shipping. I know for the Stan signing they just had a CGC person waiting at the end of the curtain and you handed everything to them right there.

Departed Philly early this morning heading home to florida. Thanks to ciosap (formerly ciorac) for the hospitality

Further thanks to boot for the initial hosting as well!

Fun to see many of my friends/boardies.

Next week heroes

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the ridiculous prices that are being charged for this show. $50 (with service charge) for Friday (only open for 6 hours) and $60 (with service charge) for Saturday... and those are online prices which are $5 less than the door.

this is insane. the only way this is justified at a show is if all auto's were free once you got in..but I highly doubt that's the case.

The CGC website said the cutoff is most likely tonight for on site. I would try to get them in by 5-6 though, so I think you might miss out on on site for the SS. BeachBum had 15 copies of TWD back last night, but this is also his life so they don't treat us the same. I had 3 books and have not heard anything.

Seriously? Just because you think it doesn't make it true.

I got my books in at opening Thursday and got them back right at closing.

I don't get any special treatment. I wait around and keep checking to see if my invoices are back like everyone else. They take the books in by groups - and the groups come back based on submission type.

A lot of people were surprised when they got their Moderns back Thursday night.

Calling out the philly guys in this thread. :baiting:

Stop whining in our Denver Comic Con (DCC) thread about the lack of GA/SA material due to both cons being at the same time. Dale, Harley, Graham, Terry and others had some great stuff this year in Denver and hey, we totally deserved it after setting attendance records last year and this year. Hell, today sold out even and yesterday the fire marshall stopped entry at one point.

Maybe in 2014 those who are considering Philly can visit the Mile High City instead.

(yes, Bill P., knows I'm being totally obnoxious w/ this post. Just an attempt at having some "competitive" fun and not cause a total flame war.) (thumbs u

No complaints, found plenty of material to buy, and feel very happy with the on site grading.

How has on site grading been? Were they able to do any on site for submissions brought in today, or did they get backed up with Thursday and Friday subs?

No complaints, found plenty of material to buy, and feel very happy with the on site grading.

How has on site grading been? Were they able to do any on site for submissions brought in today, or did they get backed up with Thursday and Friday subs?

I was pleased with my submissions. I didn't get any gift grades, but I didn't get slammed either.

The CGC website said the cutoff is most likely tonight for on site. I would try to get them in by 5-6 though, so I think you might miss out on on site for the SS. BeachBum had 15 copies of TWD back last night, but this is also his life so they don't treat us the same. I had 3 books and have not heard anything.

Seriously? Just because you think it doesn't make it true.

I got my books in at opening Thursday and got them back right at closing.

I don't get any special treatment. I wait around and keep checking to see if my invoices are back like everyone else. They take the books in by groups - and the groups come back based on submission type.

A lot of people were surprised when they got their Moderns back Thursday night.

I got my books from thursday back first thing friday. But I didnt go back to check thursday night.

I was pleased with my submissions. I didn't get any gift grades, but I didn't get slammed either.

Did they take any submissions today?

I think most people should be very pleased with on site. I wasn't there at all today, but the service was spectacular as always.