• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Philly May 30-31 - June 1-2, 2013

150 posts in this topic

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the ridiculous prices that are being charged for this show. $50 (with service charge) for Friday (only open for 6 hours) and $60 (with service charge) for Saturday... and those are online prices which are $5 less than the door.

I was there for an hour to drop off some books and noticed this year WizardWorld Philly look smaller or the show floor they are in now much bigger than last year? (shrug) Nearly all of the guests and artist alley taking about 1/2 of the show floor. :(

I was there for an hour to drop off some books and noticed this year WizardWorld Philly look smaller or the show floor they are in now much bigger than last year? (shrug) Nearly all of the guests and artist alley taking about 1/2 of the show floor. :(

I'm not surprised. I've been to every Philly show and they have declined in quality and quantity ever year while prices have gone up.

I'm not surprised. I've been to every Philly show and they have declined in quality and quantity ever year while prices have gone up.

+1

How's on site grading been? And does anyone have a guess as to when they will cut it off for the weekend? My guess is by the close of show today, but I'm hoping not b/c I have a book being double signed at the show (thanks to Rich btw) and the second signature won't be at the show until tomorrow.

The CGC website said the cutoff is most likely tonight for on site. I would try to get them in by 5-6 though, so I think you might miss out on on site for the SS. BeachBum had 15 copies of TWD back last night, but this is also his life so they don't treat us the same. I had 3 books and have not heard anything.