• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

&%%#$$&(*)*&%%

160 posts in this topic

Stephen King wrote a goodly number of stories for Playboy, amongst many other "fine art" publications.

And yes, I finally remembered my password! So long, slym2... we barely knew ye.

-slym

I'll be interested to see how we remember Stephen King in 50 years. Not sure you can breath his name in the same vein as Flemming and Bradbuy but maybe...

IMHO, he is already up there with the other greats. But, since he is my favourite fiction author of all time, I may be a bit biased.

:grin:

-slym

I think he's pretty much locked as one of the 20th century's most popular writers. And the movie connection will place him ahead of a lot of better writers in history's context.

"Popular" doesn't mean he will endure the test of time though.

I read Playboy for the articles.

See back in the day they had some superb literature in Playboy. That hasn't been true for a long time though. Heck, Ian Flemming wrote some of his early James Bond stories for Playboy. And I believe Edgar Rice Burrows got his start in Playboy. Even Ray Bradbury initially wrote Fahrenheit 451 for Playboy.

I don't think we are seeing that level of literature in the magazine anymore. I'd love for someone to prove me wrong though.

Edgar Rice Burroughs died before the first issue of Playboy was published. I didn't think it was possible to type something that stupid, and yet, there it is.

And I believe Edgar Rice Burrows got his start in Playboy.

This ranks up there with the infamous water color remark years ago about how WWII started when the NAZI air force bombed Pearl Harbor.

:roflmao:

One of ERB's first big best sellers was A Princess of Mars (1912)

Playboy (1950s)

Maybe old ERB borrowed HG Well's Time Machine.

Some where in the time stream I can see ERB sitting on a stack on Actions 1s laughing at us all.

fat-selena-meme-generator-i-masterbated-5-minutes-ago-not-interested-anymore-871bda_zps1918c98e.jpg

See back in the day they had some superb literature in Playboy. That hasn't been true for a long time though. Heck, Ian Flemming wrote some of his early James Bond stories for Playboy. And I believe Edgar Rice Burrows got his start in Playboy. Even Ray Bradbury initially wrote Fahrenheit 451 for Playboy.

I don't think we are seeing that level of literature in the magazine anymore. I'd love for someone to prove me wrong though.

Edgar Rice Burroughs died before the first issue of Playboy was published. I didn't think it was possible to type something that stupid, and yet, there it is.

This ranks up there with the infamous water color remark years ago about how WWII started when the NAZI air force bombed Pearl Harbor.

Playboy (1950s)

Some where in the time stream I can see ERB sitting on a stack on Actions 1s laughing at us all.

fat-selena-meme-generator-i-masterbated-5-minutes-ago-not-interested-anymore-871bda_zps1918c98e.jpg

I hope you washed your hands after servicing yourself. :foryou:

Playboy (1950s)

I hope you washed your hands after servicing yourself. :foryou:

That was the best "5 minutes ago" meme I could find on a moments notice. I thought it worked...

He's talking about ER BURROWS :makepoint:

2 totally different guys! Instead of Tarzan, he wrote a lot of titty jokes (thumbs u

About Tarzan? :wishluck:

Another interesting point, the original Tarzan movie was one of the first "big budget" films to have a topless woman.

I'm full of these interesting facts. I'm sure someone will prove me wrong though... :sorry:

Pics or id didn't happen.

Once you spend 10 minutes on this board you know first hand that Id happens....Id is happening all over the damn place.

Serious_Nod_Smiley_by_Mirz123.gif

Oh and back on blimmin topic....

Hello *****

Thank you for contacting eBay about your ended listing. Good thing you've contacted us again so we may properly clarify the action taken on this listing.

I would first like to apologise for any inconvenience that this listing removal has caused you. I have confirmed that your listing was removed in error. Your listing is in accordance to the listing guidelines.

Rest assured that I've already removed the violation from your account. We invite you to relist this listing which can be found in your Unsold folder.

Thanks for your understanding regarding this matter, ******. Looking forward for more of your listings here on eBay.

Kind regards,

Novielyn S.

eBay Trust & Safety

Was a free listing which hadn't finished so all's even.

Still a PITA though.

Go ahead - its applicable somewhere on these boards at this very moment!

Oh and back on blimmin topic....

Hello *****

Thank you for contacting eBay about your ended listing. Good thing you've contacted us again so we may properly clarify the action taken on this listing.

I would first like to apologise for any inconvenience that this listing removal has caused you. I have confirmed that your listing was removed in error. Your listing is in accordance to the listing guidelines.

Rest assured that I've already removed the violation from your account. We invite you to relist this listing which can be found in your Unsold folder.

Thanks for your understanding regarding this matter, ******. Looking forward for more of your listings here on eBay.

Kind regards,

Novielyn S.

eBay Trust & Safety

How about that? A happy ending! And a fine example of a thread hijacked several places along the way, but still returned to its roots.

Glad you got it worked out Andy.

water color remark

hm

:shrug:

Sorry: water cooler. :foryou:

Love it when you are calling me out- to bad I wasn't observant enough to catch your mistake in a message board...

I wasn't calling you out, just having fun on a message board.

By the way you have the same name as I.

:hi:

water color remark

hm

Love it when you are calling me out- to bad I wasn't observant enough to catch your mistake in a message board...

Oh no hurt feelings- sarcasm can be hard to pick up on in a message board.

And as an English teacher, I deserved to be called out on such a stupid comment. Ive never been good with numbers- I guess that is why I'm an English teacher and not a math teacher!

It’s the equivalent of a felony in Hungary, Poland, Germany, Brazil, and I think France too to show or display a swastika. I think the Hammer and Sickle are banned too in some Countries. EBay in its infinite wisdom crushed WW2 collectors years ago by banning anything German with a swastika slapped on it. I see coins and stamps, but you will not find officers swords too often and if you do, I think they slipped through. EBay is a politically correct company that pushes it onto seller compliance. WW2 did happen; I guess in EBay world it didn’t. I also am guessing in EBay’s mind they want to be internationally compliant with laws and they do not want to possibly offend anyone.

Let’s be realistic and draw some lines. Banning Na Zombie comics are a little silly. Some insufficiently_thoughtful_person was selling gold teeth and some other insane stuff years ago. That’s in bad taste unless it’s going to a museum and would have its place documenting the atrocities of the era. However, the Japanese chrysanthemum isn’t banned and the things that were done in WW2 by the Japanese made the Germans look like Boy Scouts.

It’s all about political correctness. I would just re-list it. You did nothing wrong.

EDIT: Never-mind I see you cleared it up.

water color remark

hm

And as an English teacher, I deserved to be called out on such a stupid comment. Ive never been good with numbers- I guess that is why I'm an English teacher and not a math teacher!

mathIsHard_zps76e9f5ad.jpg

water color remark

hm

mathIsHard_zps76e9f5ad.jpg
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. :(