• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MegaCon March 21-23, 2014

312 posts in this topic

:hi: Joey

1st Cletus Kasady

Thanks.

aka.. Joey has been sent a few more of these to press than normal ;)

I hope everyone is getting ready. If anyone is in need of a CGC short box for when you pick up your onsite subs, let me know. I think I have some extras and can bring them w/ me. Send me a pm.

I can always tell what is getting hot from the submissions I get in, but by the time I look into buying for myself it is always too late.

I'm planning on picking up a bunch of loot at the con…what is the easiest way to tote around a bunch of slabs? I was thinking about a rolling suitcase with a bunch of bubble wrap.

What works well?

lol,

I was thinking the same thing!

Anyone know if CGC will witness Stan Lee Signatures the first morning for onsite grading?

Also will there be onsite pressing this year? I submitted a bunch to Joey but in case I pick up something that first day I want by end of show (thumbs u

I'm planning on picking up a bunch of loot at the con…what is the easiest way to tote around a bunch of slabs? I was thinking about a rolling suitcase with a bunch of bubble wrap.

What works well?

lol,

One of these > http://www.amazon.com/Magna-Cart-Personal-Hand-Truck/dp/B000HVVSDU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1393967370&sr=8-2&keywords=cart+dolly

With one of these bungee corded to it > http://www.amazon.com/Grade-Size-Comic-Book-Boxes/dp/B00124V6YW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393967415&sr=8-1&keywords=cgc+box

Used random amazon links because it was easier.

What works well?

lol,

One of these > http://www.amazon.com/Magna-Cart-Personal-Hand-Truck/dp/B000HVVSDU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1393967370&sr=8-2&keywords=cart+dolly

With one of these bungee corded to it > http://www.amazon.com/Grade-Size-Comic-Book-Boxes/dp/B00124V6YW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393967415&sr=8-1&keywords=cgc+box

Used random amazon links because it was easier.

Thanks for the tip!

Matt Nelson is pressing. I'd check out his prices first though.

Haven't heard of him, Website?

Maybe someday Joey will be pressing onsite :wishluck:

joey does. WW Philly and WW Chicago. I do a pseudo on-site for mega-con since I live in Orlando. CCS does the same thing. You give them the books and they drive them down to Sarasota...then grade them and drive them back up.

Booo

There goes my Smallville book signing!

Media Guest Announcement:

Michael Rosenbaum has cancelled is appearance for MegaCon 2014 due to a scheduling conflict (filming of new TV Show, air date later this fall).

*For those who purchased Photo Ops involving Michael Rosenbaum, Celeb Photo Ops will be reaching out to you tomorrow.

I will be attending this years Megacon. Not setting up, just walking and enjoying the show. May set up next year...we will see.

I am happy to bring down any book from our inventory if someone wants to see it. There would be no obligation to purchase.

Our website is www.columbiacomics.com and we have most of our books listed there. However, there are several that we have not uploaded and others that we will receive down there/grade onsite.

These are the books that we haven't uploaded:

Action Comics 242 CGC 6.5

Action Comics 252 CGC 5.0

Avengers 4 CGC 7.5

Avengers 57 CGC 7.5

Batman 9 CGC 5.5

Batman 10 CGC 5.5

Captain America 117 CGC 7.5

Daredevil 1 CGC 7.0

Fantastic Four 4 CGC 6.5

Iron Man 1 CGC 8.0

Showcase 34 CGC 5.5

X-Men 12 CGC 8.0

Will be picking up the following (or getting onsite grading):

Amazing Spider-Man 121

Amazing Spider-Man 129

Batman 69

Batman 181

Brave and the Bold 54

Detective Comics 359

Fantastic Four 10

Fantastic Four 13

Fantastic Four 18

Fantastic Four 48

Iron Fist 14

Iron Man 1

Iron Man 55

Iron Man 55

New Mutants 98

Strange Tales 110

Strange Tales 115

Superboy 68

Also happy to take requests to see what someone may be looking for. PM away

Could everyone who has sent me books for on-site grading at mega-con please PM me so I can confirm your orders. I just want to make sure your books get done in case you sent them in without following my instructions in the other thread.

So what boardies do we have setting up and where is your booth? Maybe Just continue the list below. I figure it would be nice to let our other boardies know where we are so they can all stop in and say HI!

http://megaconvention.com/attending-exhibitors/

Pikes Comics -Booth 201

Glen Cohen Books -Booth 410