• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gardenia126 - EBay seller to avoid???

53 posts in this topic

Another EBay saga. I’ll keep this one short and sweet.

Seller gardenia126 guarantees a CGC 9.2 on an ASM 23. I pick it up for $600. Three weeks goes by and I have to open a claim for non-received goods. Seller agrees to send it and I drop the claim when in hand. It doesn’t look at all like a 9.2, but let’s send it in.

It comes back an 8.0. I contact the seller and he doesn’t understand. He cracked out an 8.5 and pressed it. It should have come back 9.2. He’ll take it back. OK, great. I also find out his thing is cracking and pressing, then selling raw with a high promise of a CGC grade. I also find it odd that he’s getting positive feedback so fast when we all know how slow CGC is.

He said he’ll take it back so I mail it. Tick tock. Waiting. USPS says it was received with signature confirmation. No refund… I try to open a case. Well, if you opened a case, then closed it, that’s it. You can’t do anything.

Now the seller is telling me to do a chargeback and he’s not happy I mentioned that I am out the CGC grading fees in my feedback, especially when I sent the book back graded, in my neutral.

Why do I feel jerked around?

What else is new. I guess the trick is to NOT send the book, wait for the claim, and then send it and have the buyer CLOSE the claim. After that, you're on your own even if they send a major PLOD or mis-grade.

I'm on with EBay and PP now. They don't like the term charge-back, but what can I do. I'm not taking the hit.

Ha! I think they hung up on me!!!! You have to love their customer service.

You fell victim to the same scam that comic-keys, robojo33, ran for years.

How can anyone guarantee what CGC is going to grade a comic? This was your first warning to hit the back button.

Yeah, if it's a guarantee, why don't they send it and sell it for the premium that the slabbed comic will get over a "promised grade" raw?

passion4comics, did you deslab the comic before you sent it back or did you send the seller an 8.5 CGC to resell?

OP entered a gun fight with a knife. On the bright side the education was priceless. Now he must talk very nice to the ebay bad guy and hope to recoop some of his dear departed dough. How much for them beans fingh?

For you, tree fiddy.

I bought a comic from a major comic book dealer advertised as an 8.5 and it came back a 7.5. You know what I did?

Nothing...

I saw pics of the raw comic and I made my decision like a big boy. The book came back six months later from CGC ... what am I going to do? Say that the raw book I bought and looked at did not reach the promised grade?

I am indifferent when it comes to placing blame on the seller here especially when people are commenting that CGC is going through a tighter grading period.

Now after that is said... I feel you are getting a run around. Seller should say either they are taking it back and follow through, or not. The seller should stop screwing around.

I bought a comic from a major comic book dealer advertised as an 8.5 and it came back a 7.5. You know what I did?

Nothing...

I saw pics of the raw comic and I made my decision like a big boy. The book came back six months later from CGC ... what am I going to do? Say that the raw book I bought and looked at did not reach the promised grade?

I am indifferent when it comes to placing blame on the seller here especially when people are commenting that CGC is going through a tighter grading period.

What a noob move!!!

Ever heard of filing a lawsuit buddy?!? :screwy:

Nothing...

That is a little different than this seller whose entire auction text was:

"I guarantee that all books are unrestored. I will give a full refund if you choose to send to CGC and the grade does not come back as stated. "

I would have put that little nugget in the OP :gossip:

Nothing...

What a noob move!!!

Ever heard of filing a lawsuit buddy?!? :screwy:

I know... that move was so anti-american. The fact that no one was sued or publicly badmouthed must be destructive to the very foundation of what makes this the United States of 'Merica.

To tell the truth, I would have been mortified simply contacting them over the issue.

What would've happened if the book came back a 9.4-9.6? Would the OP have told the seller and given him a taste of the profit? I'm going to assume the answer is no, sometimes you takes your chances and lose (shrug)

What would've happened if the book came back a 9.4-9.6? Would the OP have told the seller and given him a taste of the profit? I'm going to assume the answer is no, sometimes you takes your chances and lose (shrug)
I never complain when this happens (tsk)

I asked about his guarantee that it would be a 9.2 before bidding and I just happened to be the high bidder. The seller guaranteed a grade and a full refund if it missed. Bidding was entirely based on the grade guarantee. If I came back a 9.0; no problem. A 9.4; great for me. An 8.0 and I'm going to have an issue. CGC being tighter or looser with their grading is like saying a guarantee in writing depends on the weather.

I sent it back slabbed so he could see I was not playing games on my side. When he got it in hand he changed his tune for the refund.

EBay opened the case up again and went through the email trail and was surprised that the seller was saying he would send a refund until he received the item back and then pretty much told me to X off.

Another book from another seller came back PLOD. I'll eat this one because really, there was no guarantee. It was a raw book and I should have known that every ASM Molten Man is PLOD so why would I think this one was different.

"But why do they put a guarantee on the box?"

"Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of krap. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me."

tommy_boy_chris_farley-car-hood4.jpg

Normally i would agree with you but if he is GUARANTEEING a 9.2, it should be at least a 9.2 no? (shrug)