• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mailing question

21 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

If I'm sending just 1 comic to CGC to get graded/slabbed, do you think it would be OK to use a Flat Rate envelope (as long as I package the comic between cardboard), or should I go ahead and use a Priority Mail box?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey guys,

If I'm sending just 1 comic to CGC to get graded/slabbed, do you think it would be OK to use a Flat Rate envelope (as long as I package the comic between cardboard), or should I go ahead and use a Priority Mail box?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

read my article on how to ship your comics in the Overstreet Comic Book Grading Guide 2nd Edition popcorn.gif

Why not just stick a stamp on it?

makepoint.gif

Thats no good...unless you put a Superman stamp on a Superman comic!! thumbsup2.gif

I would suggest either the Priority Box or a regular Diamond Comics Box, depending on the amount of books you are submitting.

I would also suggest a delivery confirmation, so you can track when the books were received. This is helpful in determining when the books will be graded, depending on the tier selected.

Sure... no problem. In fact you would probably do just as well slapping a bunch of stamps on the slab and writing the address on the front with a Sharpie. The results will be about the same.

GSX1_mail.jpg

Have you got any votes for the envelope?

Let me scoll up and look...

Nary a one.

Again

Pack one comic like this:

Take the comic (it's not a giant - size is it?) in a bag with a board, place it in a Priority envelope with another board (outside the comic bag so that it protects the front of the comic). Place the paper work, which should only be one sheet if it's only one comic, inside the envelope too. Seal the envelope. Place it inside a standard size Priority Box. Add enough (but not too much) roll up newspaper to keep it from bouncing around. About 3 full size or 5-6 half sheets should do it.

I get almost always get 15-15.5 oz this way. acclaim.gif

I would suggest either the Priority Box or a regular Diamond Comics Box, depending on the amount of books you are submitting.

I would also suggest a delivery confirmation, so you can track when the books were received. This is helpful in determining when the books will be graded, depending on the tier selected.

Oh, I've submitted comics to CGC before, but this'll be the first time I'm sending in just a single comic.

(to be frank, the main reason I asked this question is because by the time I got to the post office today, they were already closed, and among the mailing slips & whatnotthey had available to the public, they had only flat rate envelopes. No Priority Boxs. I brought one of the envelopes home, thinking I would ask youse guyses opinions. Cause if you *didn't* recommend the envelope, that would mean two more trips to the post office (one for the box, one to mail it) instead of just one trip. Lazy? Maybe. But with the price of gas these guys...)

But I's digressin... thanks for the answers, guys. laugh.gif

I have had crappy EBay Sellers send me a single comic in the Flat Rate Envelope. The comic was not damaged at all and it only cost a couple bucks in shipping.

However I have also had a single comics in the Flat Rate envelope damaged during mailing.

You don't want this to happen.