• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Adventures 12. Harley!
3 3

1,579 posts in this topic

Your opinions of my anecdotal scenario on how a shilled listing can (and does) corrupt the market on a book aside....

....I think you just also made a very strong case for why shilling on ebay actually works, and why it is done. :baiting:

-J.

Take off the tin foil hat.

Shilling is done ... wait for it! ... because a seller wants to make more money. That's it. To suggest shillers in general have overall market manipulation in mind is pretty grandiose. lol

I take it you missed the most recent example of it in action, RE the MP 4/7 debacle.

-J.

I just asked my two boys aged 9 and 5

they are playing Batman 2 on the x-box right now

1. Batman

2. Robin

3. Superman

4. Hulk

5. Bane

6. Teen Titans (new cartoon)

7. Harley Quinn

8. Joker and all other Batman Villains....

All of this from toys, mostly Lego, games, films and cartoons

they know Daddy likes comics but neither of them have any interest in them

My 5 year old says he thinks about Batman "all the time"

With all due respect to your guys' kids, I find the methodology of interviewing children and consulting instagram and twitter to determine who "the 5 most popular characters on earth are" to be irredeemably flawed, thoroughly misleading, and largely irrelevant. But hey, that's just me. :sorry:

-J.

1. Batman

2. Robin

3. Superman

4. Hulk

5. Bane

7. Harley Quinn

With all due respect to your guys' kids, I find the methodology of interviewing children and consulting instagram and twitter to determine who "the 5 most popular characters on earth are" to be irredeemably flawed, thoroughly misleading, and largely irrelevant. But hey, that's just me. :sorry:

-J.

I find your opinions as significant as belly button lint.

I would say that some of the question of popularity would depend on how you define popularity.

Some people think it means 'how many people KNOW about this character'. From that perspective, I think Batman and Superman DOMINATE this category, with Spider-Man, Captain America, and Iron Man behind them, due to the movies, and Wonder Woman a little behind them. For this definition, its about if I ask a 4 year old, a 90 year old, a French Legionnaire soldier, Kim Jong Un, and Johnny Depp, etc etc a broad cross section of the world population, who has heard of who?

If popularity is the high school definition of 'who likes who?' but in the coveted 16-45 age range for target comic media (books/movies/other) related consumer age, its probably closer to what JimJum said.

1. Batman

2. Robin

3. Superman

4. Hulk

5. Bane

7. Harley Quinn

I don't know if there's any accurate way to assemble and weight the data. My view is based on setting up at approximately ten shows a year, and seeing what books and characters are asked for and bought.

As this is a discussion tied to HQ, sales of BA 12, and the question of the character's longevity and staying power, I'd be inclined to look at hobby data more than other sources. It is interesting to see the Instagram data, though, keeping in mind that may be more reflective of total media awareness.

1. Batman

2. Robin

3. Superman

4. Hulk

5. Bane

7. Harley Quinn

I don't know if there's any accurate way to assemble and weight the data. My view is based on setting up at approximately ten shows a year, and seeing what books and characters are asked for and bought.

As this is a discussion tied to HQ, sales of BA 12, and the question of the character's longevity and staying power, I'd be inclined to look at hobby data more than other sources. It is interesting to see the Instagram data, though, keeping in mind that may be more reflective of total media awareness.

That's all it was meant to be (shrug)

1. Batman

2. Robin

3. Superman

4. Hulk

5. Bane

7. Harley Quinn

-J.

Let me get this clear, you are saying MY childrens' opinions are "irredeemably flawed, thoroughly misleading, and largely irrelevant" ???

1. Batman

2. Robin

3. Superman

4. Hulk

5. Bane

7. Harley Quinn

-J.

Let me get this clear, you are saying MY childrens' opinions are "irredeemably flawed, thoroughly misleading, and largely irrelevant" ???

lol Of course not. Their opinions are totally fine. It's just the methodology I find flawed, the main reason being the last sentence of your post.

But kids do say the darndest things, don't they. :banana:

-J.

1. Batman

2. Robin

3. Superman

4. Hulk

5. Bane

7. Harley Quinn

-J.

Sounds like the Internets might not be the best place for you, bud. (thumbs u

-J.

1. Batman

2. Robin

3. Superman

4. Hulk

5. Bane

7. Harley Quinn

-J.

-J.

My internet is fine, its yours that's messed up

1. Batman

2. Robin

3. Superman

4. Hulk

5. Bane

7. Harley Quinn

-J.

-J.

Your lack of objectivity is showing again, Junk. :baiting:

-J.

Wouldn't the Harley Instagram numbers have a lot to do with cosplay pics & pics of hot chicks etc...?

A day ago I almost posted to argue with the guy who claimed she was top five in the Bats Universe - lol glad I didn't....now that I see she's approaching top 5 of all time in this thread, bumping off the likes of Thor, Hulk, GL, Flash etc..etc.. :fear:

Wouldn't the Harley Instagram numbers have a lot to do with cosplay pics & pics of hot chicks etc...?

A day ago I almost posted to argue with the guy who claimed she was top five in the Bats Universe - lol glad I didn't....now that I see she's approaching top 5 of all time in this thread, bumping off the likes of Thor, Hulk, GL, Flash etc..etc.. :fear:

Wolverine's numbers are skewed too. Lots of fuzzy animal pics. But everything can be challenged when it comes to polls and popularity contests.

1. Batman

2. Robin

3. Superman

4. Hulk

5. Bane

7. Harley Quinn

-J.

-J.

Your lack of objectivity is showing again, Junk. :baiting:

-J.

You had me thinking there was more than one internet man. :preach:

Wolverine's numbers are skewed too. Lots of fuzzy animal pics. But everything can be challenged when it comes to polls and popularity contests.

Hence why they are irredeemably flawed, thoroughly misleading, and largely irrelevant. :devil:

-J.

Hence why they are irredeemably flawed, thoroughly misleading, and largely irrelevant. :devil:

-J.

The numbers are accurate and only reflect popular on goings in retrospect. It was a case study that I worked on for a total of 3 1/2 minutes. Instagram is what it is. People post whatever they feel pertains to the hashtag. It was only a comparison study backed by facts.

-J.

The numbers are accurate and only reflect popular on goings in retrospect. It was a case study that I worked on for a total of 3 1/2 minutes. Instagram is what it is. People post whatever they feel pertains to the hashtag. It was only a comparison study backed by facts.

pow

:popcorn:

. #harleyquinn has more posts than #antman, why? cause she's more important than antman, more popular than antman, and the ratio of posts puts that in retrospect. Shes tha much bigger. Box office should confirm it if Antman ever gets there.

Edited by Junkdrawer