• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Adventures 12. Harley!
3 3

1,579 posts in this topic

Is it just me, or does $150 seem cheap for a Harley related retailer incentive in the current market?

doesn't issue #4 have a retailer exclusive variant that sells for around 50 bucks?

I have not clue. I am just looking at how low the print run must be and the fact that Harley is red hot and figure it should be worth more.......

Is it just me, or does $150 seem cheap for a Harley related retailer incentive in the current market?

doesn't issue #4 have a retailer exclusive variant that sells for around 50 bucks?

I picked up #4 RRP for $125 already slabbed CGC 9.8 on eBay. Beat that and your doing pretty good.

Looking at other movie related books, there is a lull after the movie comes out where prices may pull back, plateau, or continue to increase. There is no rule.

My guess is that this book will plateau after the movie and pull back/correct a bit. However, if they do a solo flick following that then it may continue to go up. This book is like NM #98 - plenty of HG copies floating around but demand that outstrips the abundant supply.

New Suicide Squad 1 is picking up.

Here's a dutch auction with 6 copies (described as VF).

All 6 copies were sold for $16.99 + $4 shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Suicide-Squad-1-Comic-2014-First-Printing-VF-DC-New52-/201277366789?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2edd10e205

So it looks like this book is worth around $25, raw NM.

I'd bet slabbed 9.8 copies would move easily at around a $100, if not more.

That was a typo....the books (1st prints in VF) sold for $16.99 each (plus $4 shipping), not $16.99 for the lot.

Anyway, with Suicide Squad # 1 (New 52 1st print) selling for around $300 in 9.8, I think The New Suicide Squad # 1 (1st print) is a sleeper book.

Looking at other movie related books, there is a lull after the movie comes out where prices may pull back, plateau, or continue to increase. There is no rule.

My guess is that this book will plateau after the movie and pull back/correct a bit. However, if they do a solo flick following that then it may continue to go up. This book is like NM #98 - plenty of HG copies floating around but demand that outstrips the abundant supply.

I think with the announcement of Viola Davis being in final contractual stages for signing on for a 5 movie deal to reprise her role as Amanda Waller, in 5 movies beyond the introductory Suicide Squad film, we are looking at a considerable push towards a new franchise of movies based on the Suicide Squad.

That said, I do not think that BA 12 will experience a lull after the Suicide Squad movie is released in 2016.

Also, there are considerably more HG copies of NM 98 than BA 12 so that is another reason the book will not experience a drop in value.

Re: NM 98, prices have dropped a bit since the Deadpool movie announcement was made but it'll pick back up to moving briskly at over a g-ball in 9.8, once the movie gets closer.