• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Adventures 12. Harley!
3 3

1,579 posts in this topic

At this rate by the time she is old enough to buy a Batman Adventures #12 she will have to choose between that or a down payment on a house.

Not exactly. While cleaning out some of my old articles on antiques and collectibles I came across an idiotic article written by a speculator about the investment potential of Beanie Babies stating that by 2008 several would be selling for $5,000 or more. How did that turn out?

Not sure which comment was more hyperbolic...

hm

At this rate by the time she is old enough to buy a Batman Adventures #12 she will have to choose between that or a down payment on a house.

Not exactly. While cleaning out some of my old articles on antiques and collectibles I came across an idiotic article written by a speculator about the investment potential of Beanie Babies stating that by 2008 several would be selling for $5,000 or more. How did that turn out?

Not sure which comment was more hyperbolic...

hm

This books sells EVERY SINGLE DAY for $3000!

When divad gets inside the bubble to be safe from the world, Batman Adventures #12 will not be inside, The book is immune to bubbles.

mrwoogieman, You are sure which is more hyperbolic and you are being dishonest with yourself and everyone here.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/purczach/m.html?item=141546795507&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Good catch. Your link was broken but I fixed it and re-posted it for you. You're right this guy is definitely shilling his own auctions with the a***c (5) "bidder" in all of them. His BA 12 auction is just one of them.

But oh darn, we can only post scores and highlights in this thread and not blown field goal attempts and fumbles. :tonofbricks:

-J.

You know Jay, I'm going to agree with Topnotch. We get it, you don't like the book or feel it's way over priced. Kind of like how I feel The Amazing 678 MJ UGLY variant is WAY over priced. But as I stated in that thread, I never buy into the "what I collect is cool, what you collect is garbage". The thing is your argument is pretty tired. I'm not going to defend these crazy prices, because quite honestly they are kind of nuts. And yea, with the volume of these selling ( roughly 320 copies in 15 days sold on ebay alone) I'm sure a % are unfortunately shilled, but as I've stated over and over, Harley and Deadpool = the 2 most popular characters with the youngins.

We just set up at our first comic con out here, and the MOST requested books were Harley.

I'd rather see people sink $$ into BA 12 even at inflated prices than the 678 any day. 2c

I will be the first to admit that JDR gets on my nerves. But I think it is disingenuous to insinuate that he "doesn't like the book" or "doesn't like the prices." He consistently points out books that he believes are being manipulated, artificially inflated, or shilled. And he typically has compelling evidence. There is a component of "Boy who cried, Wolf!" Because he always bangs the same drum. But I think that many times he is right. Just because you are bullish on or really enjoy a certain book, does not mean that you can't appreciate someone pointing out pricing anomalies.

When divad gets inside the bubble to be safe from the world, Batman Adventures #12 will not be inside, The book is immune to bubbles.

Whew! I own a BA 12. I'm safe from bubbles.

Only in the bubble known as the CGC forum where speculators continue to write their own rules on economic theory. (thumbs u

Only in the bubble known as the CGC forum where speculators continue to write their own rules on economic theory. (thumbs u

You're way too serious

You're way too serious

They made me this way...

Just kidding... :jokealert:

Didn't consider that bubbles. :eek:

Maybe a copy of this will protect me.

Gorillas_1.jpg

Wait until the enhanced Grodd shows up in the Flash show and watch this book rise....... lol

Edited by kimik