• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batroc the Leaper! Really???

71 posts in this topic

My guess is he is a second tier villain in the movie, possibly a Baron Zemo lieutenant or something?

He isnt even worthy of being one of the faces in a crowd of people on a busy New York street! :facepalm:

What is wrong with all of you? Batroc is one of my favorite Cap villains. He's awesome. I go out of my way to read comics with Batroc. I'm thrilled he's going to be in the movie, I just hope they don't make him look goofy.

I'm being completely serious, by the way. I started reading Cap at the beginning of the Gruenwald era and the relationship between Cap and Batroc was always fun to read in Gru's run. In Gru's last issue, with Cap on death's door, he even teased the possibility of Batroc becoming a hero - and maybe even taking up the mantle of Captain America! Of course, that would have been ridiculous since he's French, but I always wished Marvel had made him a good guy or at least had him try it out for awhile.

Surely I am not alone in thinking Batroc rules? Someone back me up here!

He's so great, the only person he copies is himself!

batroc4.jpg

batroctheleaper.jpg

What is wrong with all of you? Batroc is one of my favorite Cap villains. He's awesome. I go out of my way to read comics with Batroc. I'm thrilled he's going to be in the movie, I just hope they don't make him look goofy.

I'm being completely serious, by the way. I started reading Cap at the beginning of the Gruenwald era and the relationship between Cap and Batroc was always fun to read in Gru's run. In Gru's last issue, with Cap on death's door, he even teased the possibility of Batroc becoming a hero - and maybe even taking up the mantle of Captain America! Of course, that would have been ridiculous since he's French, but I always wished Marvel had made him a good guy or at least had him try it out for awhile.

Surely I am not alone in thinking Batroc rules? Someone back me up here!

He's so great, the only person he copies is himself!

batroc4.jpg

batroctheleaper.jpg

May god have mercy on your soul!!! :baiting:

lol

Barton may have been portrayed in a silly manner at times but he has actually had serious portrayals as well. His appearance in the Brubaked written Captain America had h&m portrayed as a serious adversary and a serious threat.

It wouldn't take much effort for the character to be portrayed well in a movie. Basically a French mercenary who is a master of Savate is the statement for that character.

Barton may have been portrayed in a silly manner at times but he has actually had serious portrayals as well. His appearance in the Brubaked written Captain America had h&m portrayed as a serious adversary and a serious threat.

It wouldn't take much effort for the character to be portrayed well in a movie. Basically a French mercenary who is a master of LEAPING is the statement for that character.

Fixed :slapfight:

Every now and then I think that the Marvel bullpen is in danger of violating some form of SEC laws by announcing something like this just as Dan Slott and company list 300 copies of TOS 75 backstock up on eBay.

Batroc??? :facepalm:

I used to avoid buying comics that had him on the cover.

Is there a way to make Batroc cool? First, they have to not call him "the leaper".

For a villain, "the Leaper" is not a good thing to be called. They might as well call him "Batroc the Lame".

he's not even the worst character called the Leaper

Batroc/GSP (to a battered Captain America): Geeve up mon ami. You are feenished.

Captain America (getting up): "Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?"

Captain America then devastatingly beats up Batroc before going after the main villain.

Batroc??? :facepalm:

I used to avoid buying comics that had him on the cover.

Is there a way to make Batroc cool? First, they have to not call him "the leaper".

For a villain, "the Leaper" is not a good thing to be called. They might as well call him "Batroc the Lame".

For a non-powered super-villain, he is actually quite a bada$$.

But, he will still never be Batman-lvl bada$$.

;)

-slym (yes, he DID just mix Marvel & DC) :D

In the late 1960s, Batman fought a guy who used savate. It was the first time I'd ever heard of it and thought the writer was making a pun on karate. No idea who the guy was, but I guess it was a Batroc "homage.

The first Captain America comic I read when I started reading again was Cap vs The Tumbler.

Guess they are saving him for Cap 3.

For a non-powered super-villain, he is actually quite a bada$$.

But, he will still never be Batman-lvl bada$$.

Au contraire, mon frere!

Batman%20batroc.jpg

One kick does not an a$$-beating make.

;)

-slym (but, touchè!)

I would be REALLY interested to hear how of all the villains in the Marvel Universe, they decided on Batroc the Leaper ???

Sony has the rights to a bunch of the Spider-Man villains.

Fox has the rights to a bunch of the FF and X-Men villains.

You think about it, between those three properties, that takes a lot of the A-list villains off the table for the Marvel Studios movies.

Batroc the Leaper?

yeesh.jpg