• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batroc the Leaper! Really???

71 posts in this topic

Surely he isnt the main villain?

I didnt watch the video. I would much rather read something than watch a stinkin video :sumo:

I think it will be a case where Captain America takes him out within five minutes of one amounts to be a hard intro to the main movie. For all we know it goes like this:

Baltroc is running away

Figure in chase

Baltroc turns and attacks his chaser leaping into the pursuer who we see from behind

We hear a clang and the camera turns 180 around the character revealing that Baltroc crashed into a shield

Camera pans up

We see Captain America

Captain America makes quick work of Baltroc

We see the title for Captain America

I could write these things.

Surely he isnt the main villain?

I didnt watch the video. I would much rather read something than watch a stinkin video :sumo:

I think it will be a case where Captain America takes him out within five minutes of one amounts to be a hard intro to the main movie. For all we know it goes like this:

Baltroc is running away

Figure in chase

Baltroc turns and attacks his chaser leaping into the pursuer who we see from behind

We hear a clang and the camera turns 180 around the character revealing that Baltroc crashed into a shield

Camera pans up

We see Captain America

Captain America makes quick work of Baltroc

We see the title for Captain America

I could write these things.

Very probable

The reason why the Marvel movies have been so successful at the box office with mainstream is they are fun like the Marvel comics of the 60s to 80s, but as soon as they start to make the Marvel movies dark n gritty like their modern comic book counterparts you will then see mainstream tune them out.

So in other words the people in charge of making the Marvel movies know who their audience is.

If you want dark n gritty serious stuff,then Image and the new DC 52 modern comic books might interest you. 2c

I found Cap to be the crappiest of the recent Marvel films and he looked the worst in the Avengers.

Most superheroes look crappy in the modern world compared to Iron Man.

They don`t fit in. If people saw a guy walking down the street dressed as either Superman,Nightwing, Robin or Spider-Man they would laugh their arse off, but if they saw someone flying over their head in a armored suit like Iron Man they say wow! That is so cool!

Iron Man fits in with current modern technology,while most of the rest belong in another time era.

I would be REALLY interested to hear how of all the villains in the Marvel Universe, they decided on Batroc the Leaper ???

That is the question. It better be a phenomenal -script or they'll put Cap back into suspended animation.

I found Cap to be the crappiest of the recent Marvel films and he looked the worst in the Avengers.

They don`t fit in. If people saw a guy walking down the street dressed as either Superman,Nightwing, Robin or Spider-Man they would laugh their arse off, but if they saw someone flying over their head in a armored suit like Iron Man they say wow! That is so cool!

Iron Man fits in with current modern technology,while most of the rest belong in another time era.

Yes, the Cap costume was horrible in the Avengers. Any word if they've tweaked it to look better? They should put him back into his WWII costume. Heck, the could even have Steve Rogers request the old costume in the movie.

GSP will wrestle hump Captain America and win by decision. Boring....

*arches a brow*

If you really think you are going to see Cap in an MMA fight, I'd bet $1,000,000 dollars you will be wrong.

Want to shake on that?

:D

I just hope this GSP cat can act well enough to pull this off. Maybe, as Buzzetta so nicely marked out for us, the fight between Batroc & Cap will be just that - a fight, short & sweet. I have no doubts the MMA guy can do the physical stuff well, but his acting chops will have to remain to be seen.

-slym

I totally agree - I'd even take it a step further and say that Tony Stark's I'M THE SMARTEST UNIQUE SNOWFLAKE IN THE WORLD AND EVERYONE LOVES ME personality also resonates with our society much more than his valiant-minded counterparts.

Combine that smarmy attitude with some hero traits, and you have the perfect personality for our modern society to be drawn to.

I totally agree - I'd even take it a step further and say that Tony Stark's I'M THE SMARTEST UNIQUE SNOWFLAKE IN THE WORLD AND EVERYONE LOVES ME personality also resonates with our society much more than his valiant-minded counterparts.

Combine that smarmy attitude with some hero traits, and you have the perfect personality for our modern society to be drawn to.

More reasons why IM is my favorite character in the Marvel universe.

Unfortunately, besides the red skull...Cap villains were a bit lame

They need to have Cap fighting terrorists or North Korea's Kim Jong Un. Cap fighting Hitler was iconic and since he is a soldier...fighting other country villains makes the most sense for that character.

-slym

Hmm I see the moment in the film to be like this

Batroc: "AhHA! Capitiane America, I Batroc will now show you the fury of France! Behold my feet they are c'est magnifique! I will now pummel you into resistance!"

Captain America: "Oh ...Really? (Holds up shield while flexing muscles) Your ballet slippers are adorable but..I don't think so. I am going to give you an American butt kicking! You know I have Iron Man on speed dial right?"

Batroc: "Déjoué encore..I surrender to you mon ami" (Waves white handkerchief )

Good point. Lot of that about.