• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC booth at Wizard World St. Louis bad customer service

232 posts in this topic

this is not good customer service. The customer did not even get a thank you for your business and felt that they did not appreciate his business. So yes, that's a problem. Most everyone else who chimed in has a long relationship with cgc personnel. Being the only game in town, where else can the op go.
I agree. If things went exactly as described, I would probably feel that my business was not appreciated. Customer service is more than doing the absolute minimum to provide a service or merely managing to do so without being rude. That CGC booth is a retail experience. Just like the other booths selling goods or services that weekend. If the customer was not greeted and thanked and served with a pleasant/helpful attitude, then I would agree that it was less than an ideal interaction.

maybe it's just because I worked retail before, but simply not-rude is perfectly fine with me. Not everyone has an endless supply of awesome customer service niceness. As long as you get what I'm paying for, why get bent out of shape because your buttocks weren't kissed?

Where in what I wrote do you see me insisting that someone kiss buttocks? Rude is subjective and I construe far on the negative spectrum. But I'm not satisfied with a retail experience where the person I'm interacting with: doesn't look at me; sounds bothered to even be helping me; refuses to say hello or thank you; etc.

Unfortunately that's the kind of service I've come to generally expect in this country. "Not being rude" is a terribly low bar to have.

this is not good customer service. The customer did not even get a thank you for your business and felt that they did not appreciate his business. So yes, that's a problem. Most everyone else who chimed in has a long relationship with cgc personnel. Being the only game in town, where else can the op go.
I agree. If things went exactly as described, I would probably feel that my business was not appreciated. Customer service is more than doing the absolute minimum to provide a service or merely managing to do so without being rude. That CGC booth is a retail experience. Just like the other booths selling goods or services that weekend. If the customer was not greeted and thanked and served with a pleasant/helpful attitude, then I would agree that it was less than an ideal interaction.

maybe it's just because I worked retail before, but simply not-rude is perfectly fine with me. Not everyone has an endless supply of awesome customer service niceness. As long as you get what I'm paying for, why get bent out of shape because your buttocks weren't kissed?

Where in what I wrote do you see me insisting that someone kiss buttocks? Rude is subjective and I construe far on the negative spectrum. But I'm not satisfied with a retail experience where the person I'm interacting with: doesn't look at me; sounds bothered to even be helping me; refuses to say hello or thank you; etc.

Unfortunately that's the kind of service I've come to generally expect in this country. "Not being rude" is a terribly low bar to have.

Sweet post, Eeyore!

Customer service in the US is miles ahead of what I have experienced in Europe.

I agree with everyone but you.
I won't serve your kind here.

MC1R-ist!!! :censored:

They gotta eat too!!! :preach:

tumblr_maz9ekLHWf1rx84hzo1_400.gif

A simple hello and a thank you and this thread never gets made.

Hopefully, the powers that be see this.

If a dealer acted like this, I 'd pass on his books, unless he was half the price of everyone else.

Dropped a book off to be graded. Very cold folks running the booth. No one was friendly, more of a "just give us money and fill out the form" attitude. Kind'a disappointed in how my transaction was handled.

Anyone else have an experience with CGC in person like this?

Just curious... Have you ever gotten the "It's not you, it's me" speech?

:jokealert:

It's always a "scam" when people don't take the time to understand how the process works lol

Still doesn't make it any less of a scam. :baiting:

Actually, I think that it exactly makes it less of a scam. lol

"Scam" is what the mentally challenged use to make them feel better about not following the rules.

It's always a "scam" when people don't take the time to understand how the process works lol

Yes, Tom, and Hairy should be able to walk up and get any book they want in a yellow slab.

That would prevent it from being a scam.

Yes, Tom, and Hairy should be able to walk up and get any book they want in a yellow slab.

That would prevent it from being a scam.

He wanted CGC to go see Neal and have Neal verify he'd signed it. I'm fairly sure Neal remembers every book he signs, aren't you?

Today at my local 7-11 I took my purchase, a 20 oz bottle of Green Tea, and placed it on the counter. The clerk said "99 cents".

I put a dollar on the counter, grabbed the Green Tea, and walked out.

Today at my local 7-11 I took my purchase, a 20 oz bottle of Green Tea, and placed it on the counter. The clerk said "99 cents".

I put a dollar on the counter, grabbed the Green Tea, and walked out.

Tipping at the 7-11 like a boss. :sumo: