• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COMIC SUPPLY DELETES MY ACCT/SENDS NASTY EMAIL

13 posts in this topic

This is a good one! You're all familiar with my problems with my 5 week wait for my order from Comic Supply and inability to contact anyone there either via email or phone. Here is an email I received from them today:

Date Ordered: Sunday 10 February, 2013

The comments for your order are

Michael,

Why did you do a chargeback on this order? The website STATES CLEARLY that special order items take up to 2 months to arrive?

What or why did you do this? This costs me money when you do this.

Please do not utilize our site.

Your account has been removed.

Russ

My response is below:

If you answered your emails inquiring about the status of the order, and/or if a live person would answer the phone I would not have notified Visa. Also, most legitimate businesses charge a customer's credit card the day that they are going to ship the order - not 5 weeks or more before the merchandise is on hand and ready to ship out.

Thanks for deleting my account. I hadn't gotten around to it. A few people on my collectors' chat site suggested "Hot Flips" (apparently, your reputation precedes you - everybody had something bad to say about your company). I had my order for the same supplies in 6 DAYS! And they charged my credit card the day the order was shipped, not the day I put in the order.

What a bunch of d_icks! doh!

This is a good one! You're all familiar with my problems with my 5 week wait for my order from Comic Supply and inability to contact anyone there either via email or phone. Here is an email I received from them today:

Michael,

Why did you do a chargeback on this order? The website STATES CLEARLY that special order items take up to 2 months to arrive?

What or why did you do this? This costs me money when you do this.

Please do not utilize our site.

Your account has been removed.

Russ

My response is below:

If you answered your emails inquiring about the status of the order, and/or if a live person would answer the phone I would not have notified Visa. Also, most legitimate businesses charge a customer's credit card the day that they are going to ship the order - not 5 weeks or more before the merchandise is on hand and ready to ship out.

Thanks for deleting my account. I hadn't gotten around to it. A few people on my collectors' chat site suggested "Hot Flips" (apparently, your reputation precedes you - everybody had something bad to say about your company). I had my order for the same supplies in 6 DAYS! And they charged my credit card the day the order was shipped, not the day I put in the order.

What a bunch of d_icks! doh!

(thumbs u

You do know that CS is a Hall Of Shame inductee - the third honoree in that disgrace.

Go with HotFlips (thumbs u

And CS earned his HOS nomination in spades.

I learned from experience. My first and only bad dealing ever in all my years here.

:applause:

I really don't like the shady practice of charging someone before something ships.

So when you sell here on the boards you don't accept any money till the item is being handed to the postman? :makepoint:

It's a completely standard business practice to charge people when an order is being placed - there's nothing shady about that at all. The shadiness comes into play when you don't actually ship the item :gossip:

:applause:

I really don't like the shady practice of charging someone before something ships.

So when you sell here on the boards you don't accept any money till the item is being handed to the postman? :makepoint:

It's a completely standard business practice to charge people when an order is being placed - there's nothing shady about that at all. The shadiness comes into play when you don't actually ship the item :gossip:

I should have elaborated to avoid confusion. You charge the buyer's card and ship the item out within 24-48 hours - not several weeks later.

Not quite sure I understand. Why does it take "up to 2 months to arrive"? That's just ridiculous. What's the justification for that?

Also, unless it's a deposit for something big that I am buying, charging my account so far in advance before actually shipping is a guaranteed way to lose my business going forward.

Michael,

Why did you do a chargeback on this order?

You should have just replied "Because that's the only way to get your attention. Now why is that?"

;)

Not quite sure I understand. Why does it take "up to 2 months to arrive"? That's just ridiculous. What's the justification for that?

They run they're business like krapola.