• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cool bday gift from my long time friend!

18 posts in this topic

Back in the early 90's, my best friend Shane and I wanted to do our own comic. It was a running joke years later about us trying to finish as we slowly approach our 40's.

My birthday was just the other, and I got this in the mail. He found it in a closet as he and his wife were organizing the nursery!

Here it is after 25 years, issue 1 page 1 of The Summoners!

Back in the early 90's, my best friend Shane and I wanted to do our own comic. It was a running joke years later about us trying to finish as we slowly approach our 40's.

My birthday was just the other, and I got this in the mail. He found it in a closet as he and his wife were organizing the nursery!

I think it's lovely. I can see why you're so attachments to it.

Thanks! If we can just get to page 2!

lol

I had a similar venture with a friend back in the 90's.

Awesome idea? Check.

At least 3 pages of story plotted? Check.

Pencils, pens and comic paper? Check.

Time away from adult responsibilities to devote to sequential art? *crickets*

Will we get to see page 2 or will that take another 25 years? I don't think I'll be around.

Ugh let me try this again

136539.jpg

So do we get a synopsis of the story or is this as far as it got?

At first glance the art looks like Gulacy (worship) but if this is a writer/artist collaboration - the writer's efforts don't impress me so far. :baiting:

Sorry for the delayed post. The wife and I just got into Anaheim today.

The concept our story was this. Set in a world where the villains have taken control. They set off a chemical bomb that destroyed the DNA in all superheroes. So no superheroes/mutants could be born. Unless you were a Batman type hero.

With all the heroes gone, someone realized that if you had a close enough bond with one of the heroes that passed, you could "summon" their powers. Stronger the bond, stronger and longer the ability. So a new team was formed: The Summoners. Each member was either related to a hero, friend with a hero, or even married.

Sorry for the delayed post. The wife and I just got into Anaheim today.

The concept our story was this. Set in a world where the villains have taken control. They set off a chemical bomb that destroyed the DNA in all superheroes. So no superheroes/mutants could be born. Unless you were a Batman type hero.

With all the heroes gone, someone realized that if you had a close enough bond with one of the heroes that passed, you could "summon" their powers. Stronger the bond, stronger and longer the ability. So a new team was formed: The Summoners. Each member was either related to a hero, friend with a hero, or even married.

give me page 2 now...