• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
21 21

2,982 posts in this topic

Hey, it's up to you. I only slab the ones that I want on my registry or plan to sell. Otherwise, I like my double covers in the nude.

Same here.

Also, there's been only one other submission and it was a 7.0

Let's hope that the interior cover does not have that crease on the upper left corner. If not, it has a shot to be in the 9.X's. :wishluck:
Do you think I ought to have it slabatized? I still have coupons left.

If you have coupons to use and plan on selling it eventually, then I would. I will probably eventually slab my Animated Comics.

I know this one is not terribly high grade, but I was always curious about it, and then I saw this thread...it has 3 covers...

A friend told me years ago, he thought there was something special about it, because the blank spot for the Subscriptions was on each of the three pages...

any thoughts? I almost put it on Ebay about 4 years ago, but never had a clue...and I thought it was different, so I just kept it...triple3.jpg

triple2.jpg

triple1.jpg

I know this one is not terribly high grade, but I was always curious about it, and then I saw this thread...it has 3 covers...

A friend told me years ago, he thought there was something special about it, because the blank spot for the Subscriptions was on each of the three pages...

any thoughts? I almost put it on Ebay about 4 years ago, but never had a clue...and I thought it was different, so I just kept it...

It looks like the outer two covers did a very nice job of protecting the inner cover.

I think maybe it's a fine...no more...it was read...and what's really cute is it smells of fabric softener, I bought it from this nice lady in the Midwest who thought the comics smelled...the book I bought the lot for, was missing pages ..but this one was there, as a surprise, I never saw a triple cover...

What I was curous about is...are they really rare? (3 covers?) and...does that white spot make any kind of difference?

and what's really cute is it smells of fabric softener
:signfunny:

She stored them in a sealed box with Fabric Softener sheets...;)

Sorry about the Mets...*sigh* I figured you'd be in mourning, my husband said it was his fault, cause he forgot and scheduled appointments with clients Wednesday night...so you can blame him..

If you throw it up on eBay, you'd get a nice price for it. gijoed is trying to be the first one to collect 100 triple covers so he's going to be very interested.

Do you know gijoed? Or are you just guessing based on all of his crazy bidding?

I trade with him (and sell also). We exchange correspondence once in a while when we have something that interests one another. I never met him personally though.

I'm not sure if it was mentioned on this thread or another, but he actually owned a lot of these double covers that are floating around these days. Supposedly he had to sell them quickly due to family and personal reasons. I never thought to ask.

Currently he has over 1000 different double covers and is getting pretty close to his goal of 100 triple covers.

I'm not sure if it was mentioned on this thread or another, but he actually owned a lot of these double covers that are floating around these days. Supposedly he had to sell them quickly due to family and personal reasons.

hm Maybe that's why he's so gung-ho in getting them back.

I haven't a clue what these things go for...is it related to the grade on the top cover? Does it go according to Overstreet in some way?

If the book is going to go for $1.50, lol..I'll just keep it..Walt Disney's are not that hot on Ebay...

I have no idea what that blank spot means, either...if that is good, or bad...(where the label would have been.