• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
21 21

2,982 posts in this topic

:applause: Nice one! (thumbs u

:baiting: How do you keep finding them do you have a Warehouse full of comics? :gossip:

If I told you, I'd have to kill ya! :baiting:

Nah, I'll spill the beans. My brother does a large amount of buying and selling on eBay, and checks many of the books he buys to see if they have double covers, variant covers, etc. Then he sells them to me, or in this case, gives it to me for an early Christmas gift! He's handled so many comics, than he can usually feel the extra weight of the double cover, or Jewelers insert, etc, so he can check it! I used to be the bulk grader for him, so most of my early ones I found for myself in his stock. Either myself or he has found every book I've posted in this thread! None were bought as double covers. If you have never found one yourself, I can't really describe the thrill!

:applause: Nice one! (thumbs u

:baiting: How do you keep finding them do you have a Warehouse full of comics? :gossip:

If I told you, I'd have to kill ya! :baiting:

Nah, I'll spill the beans. My brother does a large amount of buying and selling on eBay, and checks many of the books he buys to see if they have double covers, variant covers, etc. Then he sells them to me, or in this case, gives it to me for an early Christmas gift! He's handled so many comics, than he can usually feel the extra weight of the double cover, or Jewelers insert, etc, so he can check it! I used to be the bulk grader for him, so most of my early ones I found for myself in his stock. Either myself or he has found every book I've posted in this thread! None were bought as double covers. If you have never found one yourself, I can't really describe the thrill!

(thumbs u very, very nice X-Men 193 Double Cover great find. :headbang: :headbang:

hm Reason I ask where you are finding them is over the last few years I have bought thousands of cheap modern age Amazing Spider-Man comics to resale in my ebay store and some issues I have bought more than 70 copies each of and I have never found a single Amazing Spider-Man Double cover in all those comics and I have checked every single one :(

:) I have found a few myself but very few, not too long ago I was going through some old lots I bought and I found a nice X-Factor #10. :cloud9:

hm I am just wonder how rare it is for a comic to get a Double Cover and judging by all the ASM's I have went through over the last few years they must be very rare. (shrug)

Hello Cosmic,

Congrats on getting the Amazing Spider-Man 104 - Double Cover.

That's a nice book.

Thanks canickus I was very happy to win it. (thumbs u

:) I will get back to you soon on those trades we talked about I have just been very busy this last week and my computer got a virus and I still trying to get that straitened out. :pullhair:

(thumbs u very, very nice X-Men 193 Double Cover great find. :headbang: :headbang:

hm Reason I ask where you are finding them is over the last few years I have bought thousands of cheap modern age Amazing Spider-Man comics to resale in my ebay store and some issues I have bought more than 70 copies each of and I have never found a single Amazing Spider-Man Double cover in all those comics and I have checked every single one :(

:) I have found a few myself but very few, not too long ago I was going through some old lots I bought and I found a nice X-Factor #10. :cloud9:

hm I am just wonder how rare it is for a comic to get a Double Cover and judging by all the ASM's I have went through over the last few years they must be very rare. (shrug)

Well, in my case, he deals in tens of thousands of books per year, and we're averaging around 3 double covers found per year. So they are really a needle in a haystack! But we don't check every single book for a double cover, only the ones that feel a little different get checked. I don't want to think about the ones we've sold off without knowing. :pullhair:

WOW 1st cover 7.0 2nd cover 9.2 = Overall Grade 9.2

That's usually how they do it, overall grade is the greater of the 2 cover grades. The only other case I've seen was a book with light tan to off-white pages, which they knocked the overall grade down from the 9.6 that the inner cover was graded to an 8.5.

WOW 1st cover 7.0 2nd cover 9.2 = Overall Grade 9.2

That's usually how they do it, overall grade is the greater of the 2 cover grades. The only other case I've seen was a book with light tan to off-white pages, which they knocked the overall grade down from the 9.6 that the inner cover was graded to an 8.5.

i think he was talking about the fact that the first cover is only a 7.0, but the second cover is a 9.2. that's quite a difference for double covers.