• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
21 21

2,981 posts in this topic

Here's my Thor #337 back from Matt Nelson who removed a ncb crease on the bc. Originally graded 8.5/8.5 White when I didn't know it was a double. Should go to CGC soon and I expect 9.0/9.2 maybe higher.

Thor337doublecover001.jpg

Thor337doublecover002.jpg

Thor337doublecover004.jpg

Quick question. Are there trends with double covers. In other words, is it more likely that one book will have multiple double cover examples vs another issue. At first blush it would seem that if the machine made a mistake once it would do so more than once.

Ed

Quick question. Are there trends with double covers. In other words, is it more likely that one book will have multiple double cover examples vs another issue. At first blush it would seem that if the machine made a mistake once it would do so more than once.

Ed

Yes, there are issues that tend to have double covers more often. Early Conans and Classics Illustrated seem to have more double covers than other titles, and I have seen multiple other specific issues with double or triple covers. For example, I have seen 2 double covers and a triple cover of Captain Marvel Adventures #50.

Ed

hm Yes I do believe so I have noticed several copies of Amazing Spider-Man #100 with Double Covers also ASM #312 seems to have several exaples and their is an Avengers issue "I think #87" that I have seen many Double and even a Triple cover of. I think DiceX is the one that said Static cling is the probable cause of Double covers so maybe books that were printed on very hot and dry days would have been much more likely to have this production flaw but thats just spectulation on my part. (shrug)

Ed

Yes, there are issues that tend to have double covers more often. Early Conans and Classics Illustrated seem to have more double covers than other titles, and I have seen multiple other specific issues with double or triple covers. For example, I have seen 2 double covers and a triple cover of Captain Marvel Adventures #50.

Speak of the devil...a Cap Marvel #50 double cover was just listed on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360092397920&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123