• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
21 21

2,982 posts in this topic

This was raw in a cheap ebay lot I bought for reading. It has four covers, but also it is a 2 cover book so I guess it has 8 covers total. I was happy to find it and am equally happy to post it here. Enjoy!

62998.jpg.99fdf62df1c6832c541359c1d3ed2c98.jpg

62999.jpg.9fe9336c4091e8cd6fcb806062d20aa9.jpg

63000.jpg.261efd225f7e777af55738f3b9d96f4e.jpg

I have a question for the double cover crowd... I was wondering if key books in lower/mid grade would command a larger premium over a non-key. Lets say you had a nice VG Hulk 179 that would bring about $25 right? That's about 10x guide What about the same shape for a 180? Same multiple? Any sales examples for this or similar books?

Edited by finecomics

I have a question for the double cover crowd... I was wondering if key books in lower/mid grade would command a larger premium over a non-key. Lets say you had a nice VG Hulk 179 that would bring about $25 right? That's about 10x guide What about the same shape for a 180? Same multiple? Any sales examples for this or similar books?

The prices paid for double covers has really changed over the last few years, so it is hard to tell. When I bought my double cover Hulk 180 (woo hoo!) there was gijoed and maybe 1 or 2 others collecting off of eBay. Now there seems to be a much larger crowd that are going for them. I really have no idea, but I doubt you would see any where near 10x. The formula seems more like 4x + $15 for the prices.

The prices paid for double covers has really changed over the last few years, so it is hard to tell. When I bought my double cover Hulk 180 (woo hoo!) there was gijoed and maybe 1 or 2 others collecting off of eBay. Now there seems to be a much larger crowd that are going for them. I really have no idea, but I doubt you would see any where near 10x. The formula seems more like 4x + $15 for the prices.

Thanks for the info. Yeah on one hand I think $400 is a little pricey, but it definitely wouldn't surprise me either. I've seen a lot worse on other oddities. What kind of shape is your 180 in? And you beat Joe in a bidding war? Congrats

Originally Posted By: ashrael
 Originally Posted By: finecomics

Thanks for the info. Yeah on one hand I think $400 is a little pricey, but it definitely wouldn't surprise me either. I've seen a lot worse on other oddities. What kind of shape is your 180 in? And you beat Joe in a bidding war? Congrats

Mine is about 7.0/7.5 and I don't think Joe bid...he probably already had a 9.4 copy or something. Where is it for sale at?

Not for sale anywhere yet, I've been recruited to help price. Still waiting on pics. Usually I just send double covers to Joe. But I've never ran across a key before, so I thought there may be a little more play on this one. Just trying to help a shopowner out.