• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
21 21

2,982 posts in this topic

Daredevil154.jpg

Sweet book! (thumbs u

And finally, a book that I have been meaning to post for awhile. The front label has space for both "30 cent price variant" and "double cover". In case you are wondering, CGC picked "30 cent price variant" for the narrow case top label where there is only space for the one comment on the right of the label.

X-Men10085.jpg

And finally, a book that I have been meaning to post for awhile. The front label has space for both "30 cent price variant" and "double cover". In case you are wondering, CGC picked "30 cent price variant" for the narrow case top label where there is only space for the one comment on the right of the label.

X-Men10085.jpg

double double :acclaim:

WEBHEAD

Quick Story-

Was at the Chicago Con digging thru boxes when a guy comes up and asks the dealer "Do you have any double covers?". I turn to the guy and I say, "Joe?".

Turns it was gijoed with whom I've traded a lot of emails and some books. He set up a small booth at the con and was selling 2-packs, 3-packs, comics, and ephemera.

Had a lot of conversations with him and even gave him some GA double covers that I found and did not fit my collection.

Really funny guy. Told me his first book he ever bought off of the rack was JLA #21. He's trying to get the book in every possible CGC grade. 0.5 / 1.0 / 1.8 / 2.0 / 2.5 etc.

I saw him picking up about six copies of JLA #21 from the CGC booth. Had a beautiful looking 9.4

Also saw him subbing a book that he was hoping to get a 1.0, as he already have a 0.5. I told him the book looked too nice and he should rip off more of the back cover.

I am abandoning my quest for hulk double covers having to do with wolverine. These are going on ebay (9466andrew) this Fri the 28th around 8pm with some other stuff I just got back from CGC. If you want to make an offer before that I will listen via PM. I am interested in cash or published wolverine art. Thanks all, enjoy!

84937.jpg.dc7b7d78a0d6540238cb8161937a6c4f.jpg

84938.jpg.7e4bf45fdb96cffa8b80bb4507a175c6.jpg

84939.jpg.a6a9eccbaf288253ab7d029ef454844d.jpg

84940.jpg.029e9895dec56940099c8b08e17b4242.jpg

Quick Story-

Was at the Chicago Con digging thru boxes when a guy comes up and asks the dealer "Do you have any double covers?". I turn to the guy and I say, "Joe?".

Turns it was gijoed with whom I've traded a lot of emails and some books. He set up a small booth at the con and was selling 2-packs, 3-packs, comics, and ephemera.

Had a lot of conversations with him and even gave him some GA double covers that I found and did not fit my collection.

Really funny guy. Told me his first book he ever bought off of the rack was JLA #21. He's trying to get the book in every possible CGC grade. 0.5 / 1.0 / 1.8 / 2.0 / 2.5 etc.

I saw him picking up about six copies of JLA #21 from the CGC booth. Had a beautiful looking 9.4

Also saw him subbing a book that he was hoping to get a 1.0, as he already have a 0.5. I told him the book looked too nice and he should rip off more of the back cover.

lol lol Great story and cool to finally meet a nemesis/colleague eh, Moon? (thumbs u