• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
21 21

2,977 posts in this topic

Thanks, buddy! I just took a look at the few dozen raw double covers available on eBay and I only could find one that is missing the centre wrap. So, it does not appear that a missing centre wrap is the norm for GA double covers. Luckily, it's not a rare book, so it should be easy to find another one and marry the centre wrap.

My second surprise double cover.

The Titans 1 - It is more interesting that it has cover a and cover b. Sweet since I wanted the Nightwing cover. It is a thumbnail so click on the image to see the full size

th_IMG_0150_zpsdqxapibn.jpg

I believe all of those Titans #1s are like that. They either have cover A over cover B OR have cover B over cover A.

The Titans 1 - It is more interesting that it has cover a and cover b. Sweet since I wanted the Nightwing cover. It is a thumbnail so click on the image to see the full size

I believe all of those Titans #1s are like that. They either have cover A over cover B OR have cover B over cover A.

Really? I could swear I had a copy a while back and it wasn't like that. It was odd. I posted over on the DC board and someone that has the series didn't mention he had two covers either.

Edit: If anyone can let me know if what Shark is saying is true. I am going to be replacing my set as it isn't NM as advertised and would like to know if the 1st issue needs to be replaced or not. Thanks!

Edited by nocutename

Really? I could swear I had a copy a while back and it wasn't like that. It was odd. I posted over on the DC board and someone that has the series didn't mention he had two covers either.

Edit: If anyone can let me know if what Shark is saying is true. I am going to be replacing my set as it isn't NM as advertised and would like to know if the 1st issue needs to be replaced or not. Thanks!

Yeah, they were manufactured purposefully with two different covers.

The guy over on the DC board pulled his copy and he doesn't have a double cover. He collects everything DC and I am fairly certain he picked his off the rack back in 1999. Anyway, GCD does note that both covers are in every issue. This is so strange. Lesson learned to only purchase from vets here that know how to grade. Thanks for the information.

The guy over on the DC board pulled his copy and he doesn't have a double cover. He collects everything DC and I am fairly certain he picked his off the rack back in 1999. Anyway, GCD does note that both covers are in every issue. This is so strange. Lesson learned to only purchase from vets here that know how to grade. Thanks for the information.

I made the same mistake years ago when I bought my copy of this book.

Quick question - Does Spider-Man Unlimited 1 always come with two covers? I see CGC slabs of this book noting double covers and other slabs without the notation.

Which series are you referring to - 1993, 1999 or 2004?

Quick question - Does Spider-Man Unlimited 1 always come with two covers? I see CGC slabs of this book noting double covers and other slabs without the notation.

I have 8 copies of Spider-Man Unlimited #1 from 1993 and none of them have a double cover.