• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
21 21

2,978 posts in this topic

Has anyone seen a double cover where the two covers are different? I recently found this Spider-Man #98 where the outside cover is the "variant" cover and the inside cover is the regular cover.

IMG_3297.jpg

upload a gif

IMG_6631.jpg

image hosting 5mb

IMG_4614.jpg

upload a gif

Yep. There are actually a number of comics like this:

1) Sensational Spider-Man #27

2) Spectacular Spider-Man #257

3) Spider-Man #91

4) Titans #1 (Direct Edition)

5) Prodigy #1

6) Hornet #1

7) Dusk #1

I know are more but those are what come to mind right now.

Interesting thread! Glad to see that people learn from their mistakes! But all those "hear" and "their" misuses are, after all, coming from a specialty niche of collectors seeking out printing errors! Knot that I'm purfect.... Irregardless ... But annoying enough that I was seaing double!

That's the list mostly as far as I can remember. They were made that way on purpose too, so they aren't rare.

Has anyone seen a double cover where the two covers are different? I recently found this Spider-Man #98 where the outside cover is the "variant" cover and the inside cover is the regular cover.

IMG_3297.jpg

upload a gif

IMG_6631.jpg

image hosting 5mb

IMG_4614.jpg

upload a gif

Yep. There are actually a number of comics like this:

1) Sensational Spider-Man #27

2) Spectacular Spider-Man #257

3) Spider-Man #91

4) Titans #1 (Direct Edition)

5) Prodigy #1

6) Hornet #1

7) Dusk #1

I know are more but those are what come to mind right now.

hm I have been thinking about Rarity of these again and I wanted to ask does anyone know is there any way to search the CGC Census or Registry to see how many copies of any book was graded with double covers or any other Pedigree for that mater.

I know the info is in the system because when I add books to my Registry Set and enter the Cert number it shows up the grade, page color and pedigree in my case Double Cover. I also know you can look through other peoples sets and see if their copies are pedigree or not but that would take a massive amount of time to look through them all that way and not all graded copies are in Registry sets so it would still be incomplete.

Take for example Amazing Spider-Man #129 I know there are at least 4 CGC graded copies with Double Covers and I know there are 6,716 on the Census, so you have a 1 in 1,679 Rarity if my number is right and I have no way to be sure it is. I would like to run the numbers on lots of other books (like Iron Man #55 and others) If there is a way to search the Census for the pedigrees of each book.

Can anyone help? or point me in the right direction? :foryou: