• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
21 21

2,978 posts in this topic

Anyone have any triple covers to show?

hi.gif Hi; otherworldsj33 yes I have one, I already posted it in this thread though just go back a few pages gossip.gif.

I have 2 or (3) if you want to see them, but they are slabbed. I also have one quad cover.

thumbsup2.gif I would love to see them post them up. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I know someone who has a 6 or 7 cover oddity.

893whatthe.gif That would be cool to see, I have a X-Men #250 with 5 covers it is also posted in this thread, that is the most covers I have ever seen on one.

frown.gif I was hoping to add a nice ASM #72 to my Double Cover collection this week but lost out on that one Christo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.giftonofbricks.gif hope to have another one to post soon though. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

gossip.gif anyone know who garyfallia5608 is? a board member? poke2.gif

Nice comics.

And congrats cosmic for the two nice pickups this week. Any time gijoed and garyf are outbid then I am happy wink.gif

thumbsup2.gif thanks ashrael you can make that 3 now can't wait to get them back cloud9.gif those guys are sure making them more expensive though frown.gif.

here's another...Amazing Spider-man 154

893applaud-thumb.gif Wow Nice ASM #154 Nostalgic Attic flowerred.gif

here's another...Amazing Spider-man 154 cloud9.gif

What do you think it grades at? It looks nice.

thanks ashrael you can make that 3 now can't wait to get them back those guys are sure making them more expensive though

Great snags Terry! Let us know what you think the #180 grades at. I wanted to bid higher, but the way the seller scanned the book scared the bejezus out of me.

I remember a couple months ago when I used to win these double cover ASMs easily. Now my budget gets skinnier and skinnier while the prices go higher. Christo_pull_hair.gif Sometimes I'm at a loss as to whether not to bid at all so that you can win them at a lower price! insane.gif

Ah well, at any rate, when I get the scanner my girlfriend bought me for Christmas, I will post up some of mine also. I recently got back an ASM #129 from CGC. Offhand, I don't remember the grade for the top cover, but the bottom cover was a 9.2. cloud9.gif

Happy bidding!

I would feel bad if I was the second highest bidder on a comic that cosmic wins, but that never seems to happen. I bid low enough that the only way I will win is if it is overlooked wink.gif

It happens a lot, though much less often now. I usually just set a snipe and let it ride. Otherwise, I tend to get crazy and bid some really ridiculous prices. At one point Terry and I decided to actually split auctions so that we aren't killing each other with our bids.

Nowadays it's kinda pointless with some of these BSDs out there. I'm still waiting for that point in my life when everything is in alignment and I can start pursuing these things seriously.

here's another...Amazing Spider-man 154 cloud9.gif

What do you think it grades at? It looks nice.

Thanks. thumbsup2.gifI actually just received it from Kermits Pad. He graded it as NM. I think the front cover is 8.5-9.0 and the inside cover is 9.4. I have a group of pregrades I'm sending to CGC so I'm throwing it in. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

hi.gif Hi DCB where have you been? and How is your ASM Double Cover collection coming I can't wait to see scans of some of your Double Covers popcorn.gif

gossip.gif I thought about emailing you about these ASM Double Covers that have come up on ebay but I figured you would see them and if you wanted any of them you would contact me. I got lucky and won the last few but I messed up and lost a really nice ASM #72 a few weeks back frown.gif should have went higher on that one oh well. I will post some more scans when these come in cloud9.gif.

hi.gif Hi DCB where have you been? and How is your ASM Double Cover collection coming I can't wait to see scans of some of your Double Covers popcorn.gif

gossip.gif I thought about emailing you about these ASM Double Covers that have come up on ebay but I figured you would see them and if you wanted any of them you would contact me. I got lucky and won the last few but I messed up and lost a really nice ASM #72 a few weeks back frown.gif should have went higher on that one oh well. I will post some more scans when these come in cloud9.gif.

Life has been hectic in a good way, so I have been very busy. When I really get back into the swing of things, we should chat again. I'm glad you won those last few books. My collection is nowhere near as complete as yours, but I think I have a couple that could make you drool a little. tongue.gif

Which one is your favorite so far?

Great snags Terry! Let us know what you think the #180 grades at. I wanted to bid higher, but the way the seller scanned the book scared the bejezus out of me.

Yes I am a bit worried about that one also in his third picture looks like he opened the first cover and squached it in his scaner frown.gif and in his front picture looks like the top staple could be pulled, boy I hope not 893crossfingers-thumb.gif.

Which one is your favorite so far?

You mean mine or yours? That is hard to decision I guess the #14 but I really love the #35 also, and I also really like the #154 & #155 as they were some of my very first ASM I ever bought as a kid cloud9.gif If you mean yours that #129 sounds sweet can't wait to see it cool.gif and the rest of yours as well poke2.gif.

grin.gif Oh yeah just got this one today cloud9.gif

1546182-344.jpg

1546182-344.jpg.bb6d31caffa31c15852295d1d417da0e.jpg

Edited by cosmic-spider-man

grin.gif Oh yeah just got this one today cloud9.gif

That's a nice one. I should have known that my snipe wasn't high enough. tongue.gif

If you mean yours that #129 sounds sweet can't wait to see it and the rest of yours as well.

My scanner is on the way! I'll definitely try to get it up some time next week! I'll also include a scan of my CGC 9.4 #100 also! Happy Holidays!