• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
21 21

2,979 posts in this topic

893whatthe.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif Wow nice bunch of Double Covers all, very nice Speed Buggy their nascar.

thumbsup2.gif DCB nice to see some of your Double Covers Very Cool Foil Double Cover Avengers and I like that Journey into Mystery #98 also but like everyone else I really, really like that ASM #129 hail.gifhail.gif we need to do some trading flowerred.gifpoke2.gif.

893whatthe.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif Wow nice bunch of Double Covers all, very nice Speed Buggy their nascar.

thumbsup2.gif DCB nice to see some of your Double Covers Very Cool Foil Double Cover Avengers and I like that Journey into Mystery #98 also but like everyone else I really, really like that ASM #129 hail.gifhail.gif we need to do some trading flowerred.gifpoke2.gif.

Heh, we should definitely get together some time to compare notes. I know that your collection is far more extensive than my own. At any rate, I will post some more up today. Most of my ASM Double Covers are not yet slabbed.

thumbsup2.gif Cool and I can not wait to see more of yours popcorn.gif

Did you have the ASM #129 graded yourself or did you buy it that way? Reason I ask is I have seen two copy's of that book with a double cover before one had been three hole puched and sold for about $50 on ebay kind of wish I had bid on that one but the holes bothered me. The other was listed on ebay several times as being NM and I think the guy's starting price was like $500 and the picture was not all that good I was just wondering if this is the one you have? Anyway very cool book and post some more. 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

thumbsup2.gif Cool and I can not wait to see more of yours popcorn.gif

Did you have the ASM #129 graded yourself or did you buy it that way? Reason I ask is I have seen two copy's of that book with a double cover before one had been three hole puched and sold for about $50 on ebay kind of wish I had bid on that one but the holes bothered me. The other was listed on ebay several times as being NM and I think the guy's starting price was like $500 and the picture was not all that good I was just wondering if this is the one you have? Anyway very cool book and post some more. 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I bought this one off eBay...for $350 I think? Maybe a little bit more than a year ago. This may have been the same book as the one you are talking about, but it wasn't graded NM. I was very surprised and excited that I won the book. Definitely one of the favorites in my collection.

Just to mix things up a little, here's a triple cover:

thor277sx6.jpg

I am scanning through a mylar, so some of the defects shown in the scan are actually on the mylar (torn off price stickers and the like).

Collecting double cover Thors and JIMs are my passion, second only to ASMs. This book is the only triple cover in my collection.

While grading a Tarzan run for the Virtual Comicon®, I found a Double with further production errors...

tarz242.jpg

I'm going to slap it in my oddball thread in the market shortly if anyone wants it. confused-smiley-013.gif