• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
21 21

2,979 posts in this topic

Here is an interesting one...

I know of several of these in existence, but this is the only one I know of without the notation that indicates the first cover has not been glued on. I called and confirmed with CGC that both covers are indeed attached.

asm200sb6.jpg

I won one of these on Ebay and sent it back for a refund. It was never mentioned in the auction that the outer cover was not attached. It looked legit but I did not have enough proof. Someone could have easily just taken the cover off one book and placed it around another. The seller appeared legit and everything but it wasn't enough for me. I have no idea how CGC could verify this. If it is not glued on, then how could it be attached? confused-smiley-013.gif

I know of several of these in existence, but this is the only one I know of without the notation that indicates the first cover has not been glued on. I called and confirmed with CGC that both covers are indeed attached.

[scan deleted]

I won one of these on Ebay and sent it back for a refund. It was never mentioned in the auction that the outer cover was not attached. It looked legit but I did not have enough proof. Someone could have easily just taken the cover off one book and placed it around another. The seller appeared legit and everything but it wasn't enough for me. I have no idea how CGC could verify this. If it is not glued on, then how could it be attached? confused-smiley-013.gif

Not sure about that one. They probably check for the same cut and other characteristics that should be indicative of a squarebound double cover. At the very least, I assume they would check to see if there was any evidence of glue on the first cover. It seems intuitive that it would be next to impossible to take a cover off an existing book without the presence of glue detected.

At any rate, I was really happy to to confirm with CGC that both covers are indeed attached.

[scan deleted]

Not sure about that one. They probably check for the same cut and other characteristics that should be indicative of a squarebound double cover. At the very least, I assume they would check to see if there was any evidence of glue on the first cover. It seems intuitive that it would be next to impossible to take a cover off an existing book without the presence of glue detected.

At any rate, I was really happy to to confirm with CGC that both covers are indeed attached.

Not sure about this book, but for the DC 100 pagers, the outer cover should not be attached. It makes more sense to me that it shouldn't be attached for any of the glued on covers. I would think it would be tough to fake too. How would you get another cover off a book with the exact same cut, staple indentions, etc. Heck how would you get a glued cover off period without damaging it confused-smiley-013.gif

I guess it would depend on the production process...

Was the glue applied directly to the cover and then cover to book ?

or

Was the glue applied directly to the book and then cover to book?

Anyone know?

Edited by finecomics

I remember having a WWT #36?, where the outer cover would slide away from the inner cover. The inner cover was glued on, that I am sure of.

CGC did slab that book as a double cover.

I have a 100 pager (still need to post pic) with a completely loose outer cover. If it was attached I would be a little worried.

Every oversized (glued) comic I've seen that have had a double cover (only about 5) have all been loose. I too would be worried if both covers were attached on a book like this

hi.gif Anyone got any new Double Covers to post? flowerred.gif

Hay DCB when you going to post some more of your sweet Double Cover ASM Collection? I would love to see more of them. poke2.gifflowerred.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

frown.gif I have had no luck at winning any myself lately Christo_pull_hair.gif, but I am working on a trade for a nice addition to my ASM DC collection and will post it as soon as I receive it 893crossfingers-thumb.gif.

gossip.gif Anyone got any Batman Double Covers?

yay.gifyay.gif New addition to my ASM DC collection just came in, got it through a trade had to give up several DC and one TC to get it but I am very happy with the trade cloud9.gif

poke2.gifAnyone else got any ASM's they want to trade? I am also looking for Batman Double Covers to use in possible future trade flowerred.gif.

1651850-ASM79dc.jpg

1651850-ASM79dc.jpg.717f2cc8ecafdedb59076504f615ed29.jpg

Edited by cosmic-spider-man

I see.. although I do wonder if there is a story behind your snipe bid of $11.57. Seems like an odd dollar amount to choose. Is there a story?

It seems like a good number to beat out other bids. Everything used to be xxx.37 (my favorite number) but then someone had a high bid of xxx.50 and I lost, so I upped it.

Recent addition to the collection: Brave and the Bold 54 CGC 9.4 (1st Teen Titans) Double Cover

What a great issue to have a double cover of! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Recent addition to the collection: Brave and the Bold 54 CGC 9.4 (1st Teen Titans) Double Cover

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif Cool can you post a scan of it I would like to see it popcorn.gif

hail.gifhail.gif Very nice Marvel Feature #4 their Darth, a 30 cent Price Variant and a Double Cover bet their are not many of those. I seem to remember that one grin.gif does the CGC case have Price Variant/Double Cover on the top label also? cool.gif

cloud9.gif I just picked up a nice ASM #60 Double Cover if anyone wants to see it I can post it up later. smile.gif