• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
21 21

2,977 posts in this topic

Found my first triple cover after all these years of collecting. I don't know why I didn't notice it when I bought it back in the day. Today, when I took the comic out of the bag, I immediately knew it felt stiffer than than most regular comic.

mcp72triplecvr_zps111e4237.jpg

Nice! You can easily tell a 3 cover even over a double cover, as soon as I took this out of the bag, I could tell it was super heavy.

z8Gb0Onl.jpg

Got my sub back from the CGC a few weeks ago: 9.8 inside, 9.8 outside.

Schwing.

00a4d472-3536-4de6-8b04-a8ae3e388294_zps84fd0c40.jpg

Just picked one off the new releases shelf a few months ago. Age of Ultron #1 double cover:

26a218e8-425f-4df0-ad12-b4b12f575510_zps692e1d2f.jpg

f12f6368-8c92-41ab-b63e-f27a029bdea1_zps9c1cfe84.jpg

When I first opened it, I thought that it was printed that way since it has an embossed cover (and thought the cover image was also used on the first page). But la-dee-da, it's a double cova, brotha.

It is very weird. I have bought and sold many collections probably have dealt with close to 50k books in total, and , to the best of my knowledge, never come across a single double, let alone triple cover.

whenever blissard has one listed on ebay, I give it a try for cheap, but always get way outbid

It is very weird. I have bought and sold many collections probably have dealt with close to 50k books in total, and , to the best of my knowledge, never come across a single double, let alone triple cover.

whenever blissard has one listed on ebay, I give it a try for cheap, but always get way outbid

I must just be lucky then. I've managed to obtain 30 to 40 double cover comics over the past 12 years and I've found about 75% of them in collections I've purchased. Some have even been single comic eBay purchases where the seller never mentioned the comic was a double cover. And I got my ASM #129 CGC 9.6 double cover out of a 2 long box collection of Spideys I bought from a local guy. Pure dumb luck I guess. (shrug)

When super hero chicks suddenly turn evil do they immediately head to a tailor for a new outfit?

And hairdresser for mullet?