• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charity thread for Fazybones

748 posts in this topic

Here's a note that Craig has asked me to post on his behalf:

To All of the kindest and thoughtful members of the CGC Comic Boards.First I want to update you on Fay's condition.It is a miracle that she is still here she literally fought for her life on the second operation.I am happy to tell you that they have her up and walking , obviously some days are better then others.Sometimes I will get Fay back and even though it may only be 30 seconds I believe she will make a full recovery.

I want to thank Andy who I was glad to have found and share what had happened to Fay .He made all of this possible and welcomed me right away .I was glad he had sent me a link and I was able to read all of your posts. I am not ashamed to say I cried for the love and kind words for the most precious person in my life. I am a shy person and I am at a total lost on how to thank each of you for all you have done for Fay,Wally , myself and our families.

They were so happy to have read the posts as well .

I will leave you with this.The building had shut our power off for two hours and Fay came in with some comics and lied down beside me and asked me if I wanted to read a few with her.I remember opening a comic and then getting slapped on the hand and yelled at because I had opened Sgt Rock up too far back,since then I have never touched a book again but I had to admit once she had read two I had to know what was going to happen next. I was hooked and now see the fun and enjoyment they really bring.

Comic people are the best and you have all showed that in the biggest kindest way .Your words are the one thing I can keep reading and realize that we have been blessed in such a huge way!!I thank each and every one of you and will save these posts and all your names for when she recovers.

Many thanks from the Woodman and Wilson Families!

Sincerely,

Craig

:foryou:

The Boys Definitive Edition Vol #1 Oversized HC-long out of print! SOLD!!!

Has been opened and read, however still has original plastic wrapping around slipcase! :headbang:

$70 SOLD!!! shipped priority mail to anywhere in the US- 100% of the sale goes to Team Fazy. Team Dudeman has Fay in our prayers for a quick recovery!

1655256-banana2.gifChris

BoysDEV1_zpsce549b75.jpeg

To All of the kindest and thoughtful members of the CGC Comic Boards.First I want to update you on Fay's condition.It is a miracle that she is still here she literally fought for her life on the second operation.I am happy to tell you that they have her up and walking , obviously some days are better then others.Sometimes I will get Fay back and even though it may only be 30 seconds I believe she will make a full recovery.

I want to thank Andy who I was glad to have found and share what had happened to Fay .He made all of this possible and welcomed me right away .I was glad he had sent me a link and I was able to read all of your posts. I am not ashamed to say I cried for the love and kind words for the most precious person in my life. I am a shy person and I am at a total lost on how to thank each of you for all you have done for Fay,Wally , myself and our families.

I will leave you with this.The building had shut our power off for two hours and Fay came in with some comics and lied down beside me and asked me if I wanted to read a few with her.I remember opening a comic and then getting slapped on the hand and yelled at because I had opened Sgt Rock up too far back,since then I have never touched a book again but I had to admit once she had read two I had to know what was going to happen next. I was hooked and now see the fun and enjoyment they really bring.

Comic people are the best and you have all showed that in the biggest kindest way .Your words are the one thing I can keep reading and realize that we have been blessed in such a huge way!!I thank each and every one of you and will save these posts and all your names for when she recovers.

Sincerely,

Craig

Yep, that hit me.

Yeah, me too! Wow, great work everyone! Is this a great place to hang at or what!

"I am happy to tell you that they have her up and walking"

:applause: that's great to hear.

Fay has always been sweet to and supportive of me. I wouldn't think of not helping.

100% of proceeds to Fay. I'll pay domestic shipping.

Justice League of America #2

Nice colors but moderate spine wear, slight spine roll, slight bc spotting, 3.0/3.5

I had it on E-bay for $175.00

$140.00 SOLD

KGrHqUOKnE3c5u5d-BN98uer6Q0_3_zps5021b394.jpg

Justice League of America #3

1 1/4" lower spine split, slight waviness to fc, 3.0

I had it on E-bay for $140.00

$105.00 SOLD

KGrHqQOKkIE3rUh2CVBN9rLtT0_3_zpsf950d19b.jpg

Eighty-Page Giant #1

vg/vg+

I had it on E-bay for $75.00

$60.00 SOLD

KGrHqJjQE3Nj7hZ7BN9qWCTVw0_3_zps1fbc1d1b.jpg

Sincerely,

Craig

Yep, that hit me.

Yeah, me too! Wow, great work everyone! Is this a great place to hang at or what!

Yes, excellent news! :applause:

The Boys Definitive Edition Vol #1 Oversized HC-long out of print!

Has been opened and read, however still has original plastic wrapping around slipcase! :headbang:

$70 shipped priority mail to anywhere in the US- 100% of the sale goes to Team Fazy. Team Dudeman has Fay in our prayers for a quick recovery!

1655256-banana2.gifChris

BoysDEV1_zpsce549b75.jpeg

:takeit:

Fay has always been sweet to and supportive of me. I wouldn't think of not helping.

100% of proceeds to Fay. I'll pay domestic shipping.

Justice League of America #2

Nice colors but moderate spine wear, slight spine roll, slight bc spotting, 3.0/3.5

I had it on E-bay for $175.00

$140.00

KGrHqUOKnE3c5u5d-BN98uer6Q0_3_zps5021b394.jpg

Justice League of America #3

1 1/4" lower spine split, slight waviness to fc, 3.0

I had it on E-bay for $140.00

$105.00

KGrHqQOKkIE3rUh2CVBN9rLtT0_3_zpsf950d19b.jpg

Eighty-Page Giant #1

vg/vg+

I had it on E-bay for $75.00

$60.00

KGrHqJjQE3Nj7hZ7BN9qWCTVw0_3_zps1fbc1d1b.jpg

Fuelman has generously offered to donate these wonderful books.

"I'd like to donate three items toward Fazzybone Faye's fund.

1) Absolute Watchmen by Alan Moore Hardbound with slipcase, shrink wrapped and never read. Retail price new was $75.00. Auction price is $65.00 with free media mail S&H in US.

2) Abslute Sandman Vol. 1 by Neil Gaiman Hardbound with slipcase, shrink wrapped and never read. Retail price new was $99.00. Auction price is $85.00 with free media mail S&H in US.

3) Absolute Dark Knight by Frank Miller Harbound with slipcase, not shrink wrapped, but new and unread nonetheless. Retail prices was $99.99. Auction price is $70.00 with free media mail S&H in US.

U.S Media mail shipping is free, and Bob will put $6.00 toward S&H for each book to ship to Canada with the buyer paying anything above that amount."

Bob has each of these books in his possession and he will mail them, but the pictures are stock photos

136728.jpg

136730.jpg

136731.jpg

Fuelman has generously offered to donate these wonderful books.

"I'd like to donate three items toward Fazzybone Faye's fund.

1) Absolute Watchmen by Alan Moore Hardbound with slipcase, shrink wrapped and never read. Retail price new was $75.00. Auction price is $65.00 with free media mail S&H in US.

2) Abslute Sandman Vol. 1 by Neil Gaiman Hardbound with slipcase, shrink wrapped and never read. Retail price new was $99.00. Auction price is $85.00 with free media mail S&H in US.

3) Absolute Dark Knight by Frank Miller Harbound with slipcase, not shrink wrapped, but new and unread nonetheless. Retail prices was $99.99. Auction price is $70.00 with free media mail S&H in US.

U.S Media mail shipping is free, and Bob will put $6.00 toward S&H for each book to ship to Canada with the buyer paying anything above that amount."

Bob has each of these books in his possession and he will mail them, but the pictures are stock photos

136728.jpg

136730.jpg

136731.jpg

Great books, I would have the Sandman if the shipping to the UK wasnt a killer, someone should snap these up very quick.

Actually, :takeit: The Dark Knight, please:)

lol

Had time to think it over while you posted, did you?

:baiting:

Well, actually I thought about buying all three, BEFORE I posted them, lol.. but I don't ever do that and I didn't want to hog them...what's nice about this stuff is everyone is sharing.

Actually, :takeit: The Dark Knight, please:)

lol

Had time to think it over while you posted, did you?

:baiting:

Well, actually I thought about buying all three, BEFORE I posted them, lol.. but I don't ever do that and I didn't want to hog them...what's nice about this stuff is everyone is sharing.

If I hadn't bought the artwork last night, that Dark Knight would have been on my hit list. Some of the best material of the Copper Age.

:luhv:

Especially since I already have Absolute Sandman.

So nice to see everyone pitching in...this place continues to be amazing...Thank you!

Someone asked if it was too late to post more items...of course not, MORE or MOAR ? would be wonderful!

Bring it :makepoint:

Sincerely,

Craig

Yep, that hit me.

Wonderful, hopefully this indicates a strong recovery is possible.