• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charity thread for Fazybones

748 posts in this topic

Here's a note that Craig has asked me to post on his behalf:

To All of the kindest and thoughtful members of the CGC Comic Boards.First I want to update you on Fay's condition.It is a miracle that she is still here she literally fought for her life on the second operation.I am happy to tell you that they have her up and walking , obviously some days are better then others.Sometimes I will get Fay back and even though it may only be 30 seconds I believe she will make a full recovery.

I want to thank Andy who I was glad to have found and share what had happened to Fay .He made all of this possible and welcomed me right away .I was glad he had sent me a link and I was able to read all of your posts. I am not ashamed to say I cried for the love and kind words for the most precious person in my life. I am a shy person and I am at a total lost on how to thank each of you for all you have done for Fay,Wally , myself and our families.

They were so happy to have read the posts as well .

I will leave you with this.The building had shut our power off for two hours and Fay came in with some comics and lied down beside me and asked me if I wanted to read a few with her.I remember opening a comic and then getting slapped on the hand and yelled at because I had opened Sgt Rock up too far back,since then I have never touched a book again but I had to admit once she had read two I had to know what was going to happen next. I was hooked and now see the fun and enjoyment they really bring.

Comic people are the best and you have all showed that in the biggest kindest way .Your words are the one thing I can keep reading and realize that we have been blessed in such a huge way!!I thank each and every one of you and will save these posts and all your names for when she recovers.

Many thanks from the Woodman and Wilson Families!

Sincerely,

Craig

Okay, that line choked me up and makes me want to wake my wife so I can give her a hug.

Hurry back, Fay. I'd love to meet you :foryou:

Really sorry to hear this about Fay. She has an amazing unending passion for comics.

Let's keep this going with some hard to find modern variants.

Turf 1 variant Tommy Lee Edwards sketch cover (this is 1 for 100 and very low print run)

Turf 5 variant Michael Kaluta (1 for 20)

Turf 5 variant Dave Gibbons (1 for 50)

These would cost you about $120 from Midtown. How about $60 to Fay and I'll cover shipping? (Turf is a cool Image mini about vampires vs mobsters in 1929.)

The Kaluta is about VF, I have to check on the other two but unread and probably nice.

I really want that B&B 57 but don't want the lot. Not sure what to do doh!

Buy the whole thing and donate the rest here. Its a charity drive.

:idea:

Where is the B&B 57 of which he speaks?

I really want that B&B 57 but don't want the lot. Not sure what to do doh!

Buy the whole thing and donate the rest here. Its a charity drive.

:idea:

Where is the B&B 57 of which he speaks?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6581857&nt=56&fpart=54

2nd to last post.

Oh, and welcome back.

Thanks.

Oh, and welcome back to my clutches.

How about dropping this to $30 shipped. 100% goes to Fay AND I'll donate $20 to make it an even $50?

I've never met Fay but I'd like to chip in.

Not much GPA data on this, but Powers Vol 1 #11. Sketch of Christian Walker by Oeming.

$40 shipped. 100% goes to Fay.

IMG_20130407_174033_206_zpsdbb5e089.jpg

Donating 6 DC & MARVEL COMIC BOOK CALENDARS from 1988 to 2010. Some of them are still shrink-wrapped.

$50 for all 6 calendars. I'll cover USA shipping.

DSC02964.jpg

DSC02956.jpg

DSC02955.jpg

DSC02954.jpg

DSC02953.jpg

DSC02952.jpg

How about dropping this to $30 shipped. 100% goes to Fay AND I'll donate $20 to make it an even $50?

I've never met Fay but I'd like to chip in.

Not much GPA data on this, but Powers Vol 1 #11. Sketch of Christian Walker by Oeming.

$40 shipped. 100% goes to Fay.

IMG_20130407_174033_206_zpsdbb5e089.jpg

:takeit: