• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

(Finally some non-Silver Age pedigrees....)

While I do have lots of the Silver-Age pedigrees, I agree, there is nothing like a GA pedigree. Basically, GA pedigrees seem to have a uniqueness to them, while I'm not sure that I really could tell the difference between the SA pedigrees.

And the Spokane books look extremely nice. Metro has a lot, and they put a big premium on them (and I can see why).

You've got a very good point here. Since GA books are so rare in high grade, you can usually reconize a GA pedigree book right away because they stand head and shoulders above the other GA books. With the SA books, there are a lot more pedigrees and HG non-pedigree copies around, it makes the SA pedigree book look like just another book in the high grade branch of the tree.

Nice!

I'm a Marvel zombie, and won't pretend to know anything about that book, but considering the age, and the cover, that's quite a gem!

im sure he's fine, he won a daredevil 109 bowling green tonight (i was watching it but decided not to bid).

Recent auction win (sorry Rob flowerred.gif)

I was going to bid on that too, but I felt bad about winning this book.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

(Finally some non-Silver Age pedigrees....)

To give one of my fave threads a bump, here is the White Mountain copy of Mad 29. I continue to be amazed at the relative inexpensiveness of the early Mad comics and mags. While the title was begat from Punch, it in turn begat National Lampoon, which begat Saturday Night Live, and so on. Is there a more important non-childrens' American humor title than this one? This particular ish has contributions from Wood, Wolverton, Elder, Davis, Kamen, and Don Martin:

599361-mad29.jpg

599361-mad29.jpg.307a00a7da4e8cdab30a76d2c3c8b137.jpg

My first pedigree comic! (sorry for the blurriness of the scan - my scanner sucks)

CGC graded 9.0 OWW Tales of Suspense #69 - Western Penn cloud9.gif

talesofsuspense_v1_69_large.jpg

Love those split covers! cloud9.gif

Congrats! thumbsup2.gif

That's an awesome cover. Since I only collect CGC 8.0 or higher (not trying to sound like a snob), I didn't see that one, but the front cover has great eye appeal (the long chip in the back is why it's only a 6.5). thumbsup2.gif

I got one of the Beyond's Bethlehem books, so I will post it once it arrives.

Keep this thread alive. yay.gif

That's an awesome cover. Since I only collect CGC 8.0 or higher (not trying to sound like a snob), I didn't see that one, but the front cover has great eye appeal (the long chip in the back is why it's only a 6.5). thumbsup2.gif

I got one of the Beyond's Bethlehem books, so I will post it once it arrives.

Keep this thread alive. yay.gif

Actually I would have passed by it also, but it was a pedigree and there are hardly any on the census.

I just got this in the last Heritage auction. Although not a horror cover I do like the layout of it. That knight kicks butt, reminds me of those Batman covers.

604670-webmystery.jpg

893whatthe.gif Never seen that cover before, but I love it. Reminds me of Detective 31/Batman 227 too. Looks like that will be the first pre-code book I will be trying to get.

My very first pedigree book. cloud9.gif

Well I don't know if it's technically a pedigree, but it's my first either way.

14092012014o.jpg

Actually, I bought it as a Christmas present for my Mother.

She's a huge fan of Mad, and will appreciate owning a Gaine's File book.

yay.gif893applaud-thumb.gif