• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

Very nice book.

Can you see any defects on the back cover? If not, call for the graders notes as the book appears to be undergraded (but most likely has hidden defects).

Yes, it has a spine corner crease, but I can show you scans of lots of books from that era that have creases like that with grades up to CGC 8.0.

Congrats!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I haven't looked over the book with a fine toothed comb, but I think there's a very small tear on the back cover (maybe 1/2"). I think without that tear, it probably would be closer to an 8.5 or 9.0. All in all though, a great looking book with an awesome cover, and it only cost me about $180 after shipping and BP. smile.gif

Sweet.

Sorry if I'm making you repeat yourself, but when and where did you get all these raw PC books?

I bought a baker's dozen OO (later, PC) books from PCEI in the summer of '99 when the collection was first being listed. I had been looking for an FF12 for a long time, and the very first OO listing had one in VF++ for $800. With the next listing, I went for a dozen FFs and Journeys. Being less sophisticated a collector than today, and with less money committed to the hobby, I stupidly passed on many hard-to-find books in ultra high grade. I am hoping they don't also turn out to be once-in-a-lifetime! frown.gif

I will forever regret not shelling out for many more books from these early listings, but am grateful for being able to acquire the ones that I did for what stands now as an incredibly low price.

Just to show that its not all about the plastic or the label, here is a raw White Mountain Strange Tales that I picked up in Baltimore from Harley. One thing you'd miss from this book if it were encapsulated is the smell - a distinct bouquet of mothballs, turned less noxious by time, mingling with the odor of fresh newsprint. A Chateau '66! cloud9.gif

Kirby and Ditko and Lee all in the same mag - Yum!

606458-ST%20141%20WM.jpg

589a8cf898ce0_606458-ST141WM.jpg.304eaa1d917f98c343f4af202ed6d7cf.jpg

Stunning books ! The #115 in particular is one of the very toughest in the run above #100 in 9.4. Don't be too hard on yourself, at least you picked up some great books at the time. Even Captain Tripps has admitted not initially purchasing many P.C.s from R.R. due to some overgraded items he had bought from him previously. 893whatthe.gif

Thanks for posting all the great scans! I love the Toth cover above... great stuff!

Here's a book I posted on a GA thread. I've been looking for a nice copy of this one for a while and found it... a Master Comics #27 with classic Raboy cover from the "Lost Valley" pedigree (brand new CGC approved pedigree). Book has not been CGC graded, but it would probably grade at between a 7.5 and 8.0. Has a reading crease on the cover (not visible in scan), but other than that, it's in great shape. This book is too nice in comparison to the bunch of VG pre-code horror books I have!

601920-master27.jpg