• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

I thought I would bend the rules (I'm famous for that), and post a new addition to my Avengers set from an "as-yet-unrecognized" pedigree, the Sid's Luncheonette Collection, owned by our own Burntboy. I'll be adding Avengers #10 also. My registry set is composed of about half pedigree books, and I knew I wouldn't be satisfied until I added one of Harry's books. I ended up with two. Gotta' tell you....the books in my collection that I appreciate the most are the ones I've acquired from friends on the boards, like Harry, Greggy, Shin, Eric123....

Avengers #9 is one of the tougher in the run to find high grade, and Harry's books definitely exhibit a freshness and clean appearance that is often better than the grade. And since these come from a single owner collection, the slabs that come directly from Harry (or from pedigree.com) have escaped a lot of the "travel weariness" that slabs that have been shipped back and forth seem to accumulate and that have raised such discussion on the boards recently.

I can't think of another book recently that I spent so much time just enjoying having, and diggin the cool cover. The #10 is a 9.0 also.

av09.jpg

Gorgeous book, Red. cloud9.gif

The colors really pop and it doesn't have the ugly overhang which seems to plague this issue...

hail.gif

the overhang was fine on this book. the biggest defect can hardly be seen on the scan. just underneath Giantman's left antenna, there is a crease running from the books edge into his temple. i pointed it out to Red because i knew he wouldn't be able to see it in the scan. not much wrong with that beauty and totally presentable thumbsup2.gif

it is OK to talk about my books after i sell them, isn't it????? grin.gif

Gorgeous book, Red. cloud9.gif

The colors really pop and it doesn't have the ugly overhang which seems to plague this issue...

hail.gif

the overhang was fine on this book. the biggest defect can hardly be seen on the scan. just underneath Giantman's left antenna, there is a crease running from the books edge into his temple. i pointed it out to Red because i knew he wouldn't be able to see it in the scan. not much wrong with that beauty and totally presentable thumbsup2.gif

it is OK to talk about my books after i sell them, isn't it????? grin.gif

When they look this good, you should talk them up all you want. grin.gif

Not the easiest book to find in tip-top shape, plus this original owner copy has great registration and excellent color preservation thumbsup2.gif

Flame, that is a gorgeous Northland Avengers. While I've got some late Silver Northlands that show a little loss of color whiteness, your book looks like a stunner. Did you get the certificate with Motor City's original grade?

I am trying to keep this thread alive and at the same time postwhore (i just reached "Collector is an understatement." status) So I will post one of these a day.

These are my very first golden age books and also my first pedigrees so i'm throwing my hat into the ring with ya'll acclaim.gif

0.jpg

the rest tomorrow....

Keep this thread going.

Unfortunately, I got shut out of Heritage's Signature Auction (was hoping to pick up at least one of the Crowley books), so I don't have any new pedigrees to show. boo.gif