• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tampa Bay Comic Con - August 23-25, 2013! Game of Thrones guests!

368 posts in this topic

Heavy rains in Tampa at this hour.

Downtown to Channelside to Ybor City Trolley. Wrap will be out for next 60 days.

20130701_145855_zpsb8df4a13.jpg

Heavy rains in Tampa at this hour.

Downtown to Channelside to Ybor City Trolley. Wrap will be out for next 60 days.

20130701_145855_zpsb8df4a13.jpg

Wow. You guys aren't messing around. That's some serious advertising outlay that most major shows don't bother to pony up. As a vendor that shelled out good money for two corner booths, that's the type of grab-your-attention promoting I want to see.

We are asked via email daily if CGC will be setting-up at the Tampa Bay Comic Con in August.

To date, CGC hasn't set-up at a Tampa show; which has been in continuous existence since 1999, holding 3 events per year over a ten year run & 2 events per year in most recent years under our guidance.

I called CGC & spoke with the man in charge about this. Their weekend is open!

Let's hope it happens! :wishluck:

We are asked via email daily if CGC will be setting-up at the Tampa Bay Comic Con in August.

To date, CGC hasn't set-up at a Tampa show; which has been in continuous existence since 1999, holding 3 events per year over a ten year run & 2 events per year in most recent years under our guidance.

+1

CGC had setup at the Minnreg location while Tim owned the convention...but yeah, now that the convention has the guest list that it does, why wouldn't they setup?

CGC had setup at the Minnreg location while Tim owned the convention.

Fascinating.

CGC has always had a least an unofficial presence with either myself or Adonis as facilitators with Bradleyx2 as a CAW, taking requests both pre and during the show.

I also facilitated and took submissions for the Orlando show a few months ago with a CAW in hand.

CGC has always had a least an unofficial presence with either myself or Adonis as facilitators with Bradleyx2 as a CAW, taking requests both pre and during the show.

I also facilitated and took submissions for the Orlando show a few months ago with a CAW in hand.

Y'all are thoroughly reliable pros. Hardest working men in Florida comics (worship)

We'd like to see an official CGC presence. What we are saying is: We want CGC! :)

Here, this is CGC in NYC. This standard set-up would look great in Tampa -- with our attendees stopping by to sub. :)

v4ko.jpg

We'd like to see an official CGC presence. What we are saying is: We want CGC! :)

Here, this is CGC in NYC. This standard set-up would look great in Tampa -- with our attendees stopping by to sub. :)

v4ko.jpg

Bill.cgc will probably not set up.

BUT.. yours truly will have a cgc like presence..table.paperwork..boxes.ect.

Looking forward to meeting some of you that I have already talked to.

Also does anyone need help at the show?

I am available on Sat and Sunday for half day each. I am not available on Friday since I have classes. However If you can make it worth my time, I will use one of my allotted absences.

I have had experience doing layout and booth setups, unloading, loading, maintaining booths, vendor experience(I am deaf but I can make sales happen.), security detail, and table watching at expos. (Food expos, prestige dog shows, county fairs, and fitness expo.)

I am able to do 4-5 hours a day since I am in sarasota.

I am looking to get comics in form of payment. Maybe a mystery short box that has not been cherry picked or sorted through that I could flip for art school supplies or further fund/add to my collection??

If no one needs help, I might be interested in buying 1-2 short boxes at the show as an investment. Anyone have overflow boxes from buying too many bulk comics that they wont be able to process for a while?? I like to gamble but I am trusting that they are not sorted through drek.....but I do realize it could be all drek....anyways.

PM me....:) I would like to meet more floridans than I already have at past shows.