• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Frazetta Art Museum to reopen - if it's true?

36 posts in this topic

https://www.facebook.com/FrazettaFans

Frank Frazetta Jr. has just recently obtained the estate on which the Frazetta home and museum reside on. Therefore, I have quite the announcement to make! On behalf of my Father, Frank Frazetta Jr., Eduardo Verde and I (William Frazetta) would like to proudly announce the reopening of the Frank Frazetta Art Museum! It will not only be a celebration of the artwork that Frank Frazetta has created, but also his life! We hope to bring a new view of him to you, his fans, by adding things such as photo albums, biographies, awards and more (along with the art of course)! You will see some of his earliest works and everything behind the scenes! It is set to reopen sometime in the early to mid summer months depending on obstacles such as available funds, restoration, etc. I will continue to keep everyone updated! Thank you all for your continued love and support! It is you, the fan, that keeps the legacy alive!

-The Frank Frazetta Jr. Family

This is totally awesome - I am looking forward to that, and someday make a pilgrimage there.

How does one support the estate or museum? Do they have an official site, or some sort of membership? Would be interested in supporting the museum in a small way...

Indeed. Note that it's Frank Frazetta Jr's (the guy who bulldozered the museum door) son who wrote the article.

Maybe he runs the site too. I thought I heard the family reconciled, so maybe . . . hm

Indeed. Note that it's Frank Frazetta Jr's (the guy who bulldozered the museum door) son who wrote the article.

Maybe he runs the site too. I thought I heard the family reconciled, so maybe . . . hm

Isn't he guilty of several counts of fraud? I can't believe that guy acquired the entire estate. Then again, I don't know anything about the rest of the family.

Isn't he guilty of several counts of fraud? I can't believe that guy acquired the entire estate. Then again, I don't know anything about the rest of the family.

Other than it's a giant mess of butthurt.

Long story short. I spoke to Ellie (Frank’s wife) many years ago about getting a Frazetta piece. I think this was shortly after the museum opened or was still under construction. The museum is about a 20-min drive from me. This was the same time I was buying direct from Boris Vallejo and wanted some Frazetta in my collection. The hours of the museum were very limited. Frank had a stroke, but was still painting. Ellie passed, and then there was a whole fiasco that was covered in our local paper almost weekly which I don’t need to get into.

The golf store is in my town and is also a Halloween type costume place; the son owns the building. After two fires, it remains open. The museum is on the Frazetta property. I think the opening of the museum is authentic. I’m not sure if it was expanded or which pieces it has in it. If it’s only a few dozen pieces, then you need to be a Frazetta fan. I will try and check it out and give as much details as possible if and when it does re-open and let you guys know if it’s worth the trip.

Cool. I missed going to the museum right around the time you sited things were unraveling there. Always felt I missed a once in a lifetime opportunity to see so many of his works in person, and maybe a glimpse of him or Ellie. Then it all went away fast. Maybe now I will have a second chance to at least see the facility and some of his works in it.

Long story short. I spoke to Ellie (Frank’s wife) many years ago about getting a Frazetta piece. I think this was shortly after the museum opened or was still under construction. The museum is about a 20-min drive from me. This was the same time I was buying direct from Boris Vallejo and wanted some Frazetta in my collection. The hours of the museum were very limited. Frank had a stroke, but was still painting. Ellie passed, and then there was a whole fiasco that was covered in our local paper almost weekly which I don’t need to get into.

The golf store is in my town and is also a Halloween type costume place; the son owns the building. After two fires, it remains open. The museum is on the Frazetta property. I think the opening of the museum is authentic. I’m not sure if it was expanded or which pieces it has in it. If it’s only a few dozen pieces, then you need to be a Frazetta fan. I will try and check it out and give as much details as possible if and when it does re-open and let you guys know if it’s worth the trip.

Please keep us updated on any developments. I'm very interested. :popcorn:

Please keep us updated on any developments. I'm very interested. :popcorn:

Ditto (thumbs u

Please recommend that the Frazetta estate put up a sign to the re-opening of their museum that is visible from the street. Last time, we drove around in circles for 1.5 hr in that small town from the Frazetta hallowe'en shop to Dairy Queen trying to sight the stone marker were you were supposed to turn into the 1 car path into their ranch. GPS will not work. :frustrated:

Always felt I missed a once in a lifetime opportunity to see so many of his works in person, and maybe a glimpse of him or Ellie.

Aw man, if you were hoping for just a glimpse of Ellie, you really missed out. She was the one who ran the museum, she took your entry donation, and she ran the gift shop. You couldn't get away from her lol and I laugh in a loving way, she was great to talk to. Pretty patient too, as I set off the alarm several times.