• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poof !! And that's that !

264 posts in this topic

I was working on my meme masterpiece. :(

Wouldn't that be a memesterpiece?

I was going to go with "Mastermeme" but that sounds like a 1965 Marvel Comics villain.

Either of those is funnier than anything he could come up with.

Says the member who contributes nothing more than a popcorn graemlin and RMA balloon knot kissing.

Point your hardon elsewhere Francis. (thumbs u

:popcorn:

wow.. You gonna take that?

I was going to go with "Mastermeme" but that sounds like a 1965 Marvel Comics villain.

Says the member who contributes nothing more than a popcorn graemlin and RMA balloon knot kissing.

From him? Yeah, it's meaningless.

What's up man?

who cares. Forum police can suck it. People take all the fun away from here. Its a community, nothing more. But the boys clubs here feel they are entitled to rule with an iron fist. Stud and read some comics.

What? Is the "boys club" the mods? And if you've ever been on CBR's boards, the mods here are much better.

aces, the sales forums have changed alot. Some threadkrapping may set some new members straight.

I know a couple of krappers who just got back from vacation hm

What's up man?

Buying a house finally. Working my butt off, you?

What's up man?

Congrats :) Nothing interesting going on over here :(

aces, the sales forums have changed alot. Some threadkrapping may set some new members straight.

I know a couple of krappers who just got back from vacation hm

They had some time to load up then. :D

who cares. Forum police can suck it. People take all the fun away from here. Its a community, nothing more. But the boys clubs here feel they are entitled to rule with an iron fist. Stud and read some comics.

What? Is the "boys club" the mods? And if you've ever been on CBR's boards, the mods here are much better.

no, the boys clubs are the click's of elitists that exist in various sub forms. They seem to believe that their voice means something, and typically have some groupies. Basically some nerds with even more introverted nerds riding their :censored:

Thats probably less stressful. Give me a pm sometime, i check them daily... I post monthly lol

What's up man?

Congrats :) Nothing interesting going on over here :(

no, the boys clubs are the click's of elitists that exist in various sub forms. They seem to believe that their voice means something, and typically have some groupies. Basically some nerds with even more introverted nerds riding their :censored:

Oh so you mean the people who have been here a while and act like they run the place?

Oh so you mean the people who have been here a while and act like they run the place?

pretty much. I like to jump in and stir the pot here and there.

pretty much. I like to jump in and stir the pot here and there.
I thought you were referring to the modern invasion where every "PP, Saga, NowhereMan" sales thread is "great book, great price & gltws" to death by others hosting or about to host a similar sales threads.

I'd take Phil's parking lot over an Image sales thread any day! :D

My issue arises from doing it publicly.

This is where the problem arises.

Have you ever sent a PM to a seller about an issue you have with their marketplace thread? Rarely does it go well. Inevitably most members just decide its not worth the hassle and just move on without saying anything. Rinse and repeat a few hundred times, and suspect sellers just keep on doing what they're doing ad nauseaum.

Most members can fend for themselves, but there are new members/lurkers everyday. These collectors may not have the experience/knowledge to identify the gypsies, tramps and thieves.

This is a community. This is a place where 'buyer beware' should no longer be the standard.

I have. I think you're wrong about the way it's received. I have believed for a long time now that the general rule of thumb to fixing any problem is to talk one on one first, in private. If people did this, I'd bet money that the majority of drama we have on the boards would disappear - but people enjoy the emotional roller coasters and some people need to validate themselves so we have all this fighting and posturing going on.

The response you get often has to do with the way your message is worded. Build 'em, bash 'em, build 'em works wonders. Polite, respectful well worded private discussion always seem to go better than public corrections and lashings.

If they douchout on you after trying to have a polite private conversation then just ignore them. They're only hurting themselves.

I find that most noobs (and even seasoned board members sometimes) don't defend themselves properly if they feel they are getting ganged up on unfairly by the mob - they overcompensate because they feel it's personal, get pissed off and lash out and the end result is that strikes are often handed out...which is exactly what just happened.

As the influx of noobs has increased exponentially over the last few years this has been a common topic of discussion (not sure if you read the discussions or not as I know you haven't been around a lot), and the reasonable agreement most people came to as a group (admittedly not everyone agrees but I think the majority do) is that as long as a seller is not doing anything fraudulent thread krapping is not cool.

The thread is his or her own personal space to use as they see fit, as long as they are not misrepresenting the product. A seller is free to ask whatever price they want for a book.

The general consensus is that if someone has a book priced too high, they'll get crickets and learn the lesson. Some polite sellers will even ask for advice if they've priced to high, but ultimately, running in and out of threads arguing over people's intentions is just going to create havok and make the selling forum a mess.

If you catch 'em doing something wrong, ripping someone off by wilfully misrepresenting something or lying then by all means have at 'em. Otherwise, people are free to just move on and click on another thread leaving the crickets chirping. Silence is a lost art and it says a 1000 words when used effectively (yes I understand the irony of me having 60K in posts).

Don't you think I'm freaking chewing my tongue off when someone says something like "get this rare bronze age book for only $X before I move it to eBay and get more" when there are already 10 like it on eBay already?

The reason for this is no different than why society has certain rules or agreements - so that we can keep the peaces as much as possible and everyone can have a level playing field by keeping fraud out. After that, it's caveat emptor.

who cares. Forum police can suck it. People take all the fun away from here. Its a community, nothing more. But the boys clubs here feel they are entitled to rule with an iron fist. Stud and read some comics

Pat, I think most people have good intentions - it's just that often it's not the message, it's the delivery that creates the problems.

I agree that it takes the found out when everyone is arguing. That's why I think a private, polite conversation does wonders.

That's why I think a private, polite conversation does wonders.

I remember trying that with you years ago about your raw GPA idea and you said something like 'Why are you PMing me instead of saying it in public?'

lol

That's why I think a private, polite conversation does wonders.

I remember trying that with you years ago about your raw GPA idea and you said something like 'Why are you PMing me instead of saying it in public?'

lol

I'd have to look it the old PM, but I think the reason I said that most likely would have been because it was a public discussion on the subject so the discussion would have benefited everyone.

Have you ever sent a PM to a seller about an issue you have with their marketplace thread? Rarely does it go well. Inevitably most members just decide its not worth the hassle and just move on without saying anything. Rinse and repeat a few hundred times, and suspect sellers just keep on doing what they're doing ad nauseaum.

Most members can fend for themselves, but there are new members/lurkers everyday. These collectors may not have the experience/knowledge to identify the gypsies, tramps and thieves.

This is a community. This is a place where 'buyer beware' should no longer be the standard.

I have. I think you're wrong about the way it's received. I have believed for a long time now that the general rule of thumb to fixing any problem is to talk one on one first, in private. If people did this, I'd bet money that the majority of drama we have on the boards would disappear - but people enjoy the emotional roller coasters and some people need to validate themselves so we have all this fighting and posturing going on.

The response you get often has to do with the way your message is worded. Build 'em, bash 'em, build 'em works wonders. Polite, respectful well worded private discussion always seem to go better than public corrections and lashings.

If they douchout on you after trying to have a polite private conversation then just ignore them. They're only hurting themselves.

I find that most noobs (and even seasoned board members sometimes) don't defend themselves properly if they feel they are getting ganged up on unfairly by the mob - they overcompensate because they feel it's personal, get pissed off and lash out and the end result is that strikes are often handed out...which is exactly what just happened.

As the influx of noobs has increased exponentially over the last few years this has been a common topic of discussion (not sure if you read the discussions or not as I know you haven't been around a lot), and the reasonable agreement most people came to as a group (admittedly not everyone agrees but I think the majority do) is that as long as a seller is not doing anything fraudulent thread krapping is not cool.

The thread is his or her own personal space to use as they see fit, as long as they are not misrepresenting the product. A seller is free to ask whatever price they want for a book.

The general consensus is that if someone has a book priced too high, they'll get crickets and learn the lesson. Some polite sellers will even ask for advice if they've priced to high, but ultimately, running in and out of threads arguing over people's intentions is just going to create havok and make the selling forum a mess.

If you catch 'em doing something wrong, ripping someone off by wilfully misrepresenting something or lying then by all means have at 'em. Otherwise, people are free to just move on and click on another thread leaving the crickets chirping. Silence is a lost art and it says a 1000 words when used effectively (yes I understand the irony of me having 60K in posts).

Don't you think I'm freaking chewing my tongue off when someone says something like "get this rare bronze age book for only $X before I move it to eBay and get more" when there are already 10 like it on eBay already?

The reason for this is no different than why society has certain rules or agreements - so that we can keep the peaces as much as possible and everyone can have a level playing field by keeping fraud out. After that, it's caveat emptor.

who cares. Forum police can suck it. People take all the fun away from here. Its a community, nothing more. But the boys clubs here feel they are entitled to rule with an iron fist. Stud and read some comics

Pat, I think most people have good intentions - it's just that often it's not the message, it's the delivery that creates the problems.

I agree that it takes the found out when everyone is arguing. That's why I think a private, polite conversation does wonders.

Last I checked, every time there is an issue in a sales thread one person says something, and others wait for their chance to jump in and bash. And then there are the others who have to get involved in every bickering that exists on the boards "to stand up for their friends". Personally, I prefer friends who will stand up for themselves.

Nice post ! (thumbs u

I am at a off-site location waiting for the Crew to set something up, and then will be busy for approx. 12 - 15 hours.

Once I get the time I will post my proper response to all of this nonsense that has been allowed erringly to continue here on this declining Forum.

There ARE answers to fix the problem( children) and it is going to need a collective organization of the core, true collectors of the product that we claim to care about so much to get it together and present the CGC Brass with our answer(s).

CAL who has a way of getting their attention, wether they like it or not...