• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poof !! And that's that !

264 posts in this topic

Did Cal ever sell that book?

Good question!

I ended up going to the Final Four with my son and totally forgot to check :facepalm:

What was it a TOS39 CGC.... 5.5? I really cant remember...

3.5 SS

Good question!

I ended up going to the Final Four with my son and totally forgot to check :facepalm:

3.5 SS

Interesting almost a month later and he never listed it on ebay as planned...

Im starting to think that CAL guy might be disingenuous at times... hm

Good question!

3.5 SS

I thought some posters had referred to the ebay auction for CAL's TOS 39... (shrug)

Good question!

3.5 SS

I thought some posters had referred to the ebay auction for CAL's TOS 39... (shrug)

maybe its the listing by mycomicshop on ebay? thats the only one thats been up for auction in the last month, but you'd think CAL would list himself... or maybe that was part of his "Im done with ebay" which meant I'll list with someone who will list it on ebay....

I was working on my meme masterpiece. :(

Wouldn't that be a memesterpiece?

I was going to go with "Mastermeme" but that sounds like a 1965 Marvel Comics villain.

Cal pushes and then sits back and laughs at the storm he stirred up, and we keep feeding into it because we enjoy it.

Exactly!

He was literally bragging in that thread how he was the master manipulator of getting his threads viewed more. He knew EXACTLY what he was doing and no matter what you think Roy, that was his plan all along. Instead of getting 10 views for his upcoming ebay auction in an "announcement" thread where it belonged, he got 3,000 views with the mess storm he caused in the selling forum.

You noticed that too? I thought I was the only one. There are parts of my job where all day I deal with people who act that way. I cannot believe it goes on in a for sale thread.

Cal pushes and then sits back and laughs at the storm he stirred up, and we keep feeding into it because we enjoy it.

Exactly!

He was literally bragging in that thread how he was the master manipulator of getting his threads viewed more. He knew EXACTLY what he was doing and no matter what you think Roy, that was his plan all along. Instead of getting 10 views for his upcoming ebay auction in an "announcement" thread where it belonged, he got 3,000 views with the mess storm he caused in the selling forum.

You noticed that too? I thought I was the only one. There are parts of my job where all day I deal with people who act that way. I cannot believe it goes on in a for sale thread.

If we're going to be in the business of guessing every ones intentions in a sales thread that is going to be a very slippery slope. You can believe what you want about someone but what we say and do when we are policing the forum are an entirely different matter and really need to be based on hard facts - not guesses. I thought it was innocent until proven guilty?

Don't we believe that sellers can ask what they want for books?

Exactly!

If we're going to be in the business of guessing every ones intentions in a sales thread that is going to be a very slippery slope. You can believe what you want about someone but what we say and do when we are policing the forum are an entirely different matter and really need to be based on hard facts - not guesses. I thought it was innocent until proven guilty?

I would normally agree with that. I really would. There is not one person around these parts I have on block, I would be willing to buy from or sell to anyone. After awhile though you seem to notice trends. I don't think that certain people are the way they are here as they are in real life and I extend them the benefit of the doubt. However after awhile it can get tiresome. When it gets tiresome people that feel this way become irritable towards one another.

(and I am not blind to the idea that some may have these thoughts about me. I am not placing myself above anyone.).

Exactly!

That wasn't the basis for the majority of the objections though. He placed it at such a high amount so that he could take up space for his book on the front page of the for sale section every day.

I will give the example again that I gave in the General discussion thread.

I want to sell my Spectacular Spider-man #36 in a reverse auction. No problem.

My starting price will be $495. No problem.

I will lower it every 24 hours by $0.13. I have a problem with that and I bet a bunch other sellers would have if he would have gone on for thirty days.

We can guess as to Cal's intentions but in no way can you convince me that his intentions were innocent or altruistic or genuine.

Not a big fan of the threadkrapping which is why I brought it up in the Gen. Discussion thread.

Exactly!

Of course they can. And potential buyers can get together and discuss not wasting their collective time with particular sellers....no?

I was working on my meme masterpiece. :(

Wouldn't that be a memesterpiece?

I was going to go with "Mastermeme" but that sounds like a 1965 Marvel Comics villain.

Either of those is funnier than anything he could come up with.