• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poof !! And that's that !

264 posts in this topic

Seriously Roy, despite what you may think of me and the differences we've had, I honestly don't dislike you and actually respect you as crazy as it sounds. That being said, your hypocrisy is beyond belief! It's mind boggling actually!

Let me ask you something, you really think I mock CAL and his collection just because I'm some mean spirited A-hole? Believe it or not, that isn't why. CAL has gone out of his way to do the same to me a million and one times. I can't even count how many "enjoy your fake registry bought with mommies credit cards" and other retarded comments hes made to me.

How many times have you called out CAL or sent him long pms asking why he acts like that and to please stop like you do me? Let me guess, you havent seen any of those even though you seem to see every post I make that you consider bad manners right?

Did you call out Mark or send him a pm for threatening me? I know 100% for a fact you would have if it was reversed and I said the exact thing Mark did! Again, let me guess, you somehow missed the 40 pages of that thread coincidentally? meh

Roy is just being fatherly. He has great experience and wisdom and he wants whats best for you because he sees a little of himself in you. Really.

I doubt that but no one can blame me for thinking he has an agenda with me. He calls me out left and right and somehow manages to see every post I make that he disagrees with. I have never once seen him call someone out for saying something to me. Somehow, he misses every single one of those.

There's literally like 10 posts every single day from Logan, mark, mikenyc etc mocking my pressing my Avengers4 misadventure trying to bait me into a fight/argument. I've never once seen Roy take a stance against that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he should. I don't need or want anyone fighting my fights for me. I deserve everything I get pretty much so I'm fine with it. Just don't then act like you are the champion of good behavior on the boards and call me out for everything under the sun!

Besides it's... that thing. That girl who is heading for a slow death in the basement of her house by her father.

18 years from now after he picks her up from a strip-club, not knowing who she is.

*shudders*

What the hell are you talking about.

3tvvj7.jpg

That girl. She will come to a bad end before she's 30, I'd bet money on it.

Damn "Toddlers & Tiaras" - one of those things I wished I never knew existed - much like Honjkahkj...

Honey boaratly...

I can't even say her name.

:(

-slym

Ah, gotcha now. Agreed. These parents need to be looked at closely by the cops. Just wrong.

Seriously Roy, despite what you may think of me and the differences we've had, I honestly don't dislike you and actually respect you as crazy as it sounds. That being said, your hypocrisy is beyond belief! It's mind boggling actually!

Let me ask you something, you really think I mock CAL and his collection just because I'm some mean spirited A-hole? Believe it or not, that isn't why. CAL has gone out of his way to do the same to me a million and one times. I can't even count how many "enjoy your fake registry bought with mommies credit cards" and other retarded comments hes made to me.

How many times have you called out CAL or sent him long pms asking why he acts like that and to please stop like you do me? Let me guess, you havent seen any of those even though you seem to see every post I make that you consider bad manners right?

Did you call out Mark or send him a pm for threatening me? I know 100% for a fact you would have if it was reversed and I said the exact thing Mark did! Again, let me guess, you somehow missed the 40 pages of that thread coincidentally? meh

Roy is just being fatherly. He has great experience and wisdom and he wants whats best for you because he sees a little of himself in you. Really.

I doubt that but no one can blame me for thinking he has an agenda with me. He calls me out left and right and somehow manages to see every post I make that he disagrees with. I have never once seen him call someone out for saying something to me. Somehow, he misses every single one of those.

There's literally like 10 posts every single day from Logan, mark, mikenyc etc mocking my pressing my Avengers4 misadventure trying to bait me into a fight/argument. I've never once seen Roy take a stance against that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he should. I don't need or want anyone fighting my fights for me. I deserve everything I get pretty much so I'm fine with it. Just don't then act like you are the champion of good behavior on the boards and call me out for everything under the sun!

You are both good guys - can't understand the friction.

You are both good guys - can't understand the friction.

???

C'mon dude, I don't bust on you "every single day" and I'm not looking to fight or argue with you.

I'm looking for you to have another meltdown :baiting:

Cal pushes and then sits back and laughs at the storm he stirred up, and we keep feeding into it because we enjoy it.

Exactly!

He was literally bragging in that thread how he was the master manipulator of getting his threads viewed more. He knew EXACTLY what he was doing and no matter what you think Roy, that was his plan all along. Instead of getting 10 views for his upcoming ebay auction in an "announcement" thread where it belonged, he got 3,000 views with the mess storm he caused in the selling forum.

You noticed that too? I thought I was the only one. There are parts of my job where all day I deal with people who act that way. I cannot believe it goes on in a for sale thread.

If we're going to be in the business of guessing every ones intentions in a sales thread that is going to be a very slippery slope. You can believe what you want about someone but what we say and do when we are policing the forum are an entirely different matter and really need to be based on hard facts - not guesses. I thought it was innocent until proven guilty?

Don't we believe that sellers can ask what they want for books?

Of course they can. And potential buyers can get together and discuss not wasting their collective time with particular sellers....no?

Sure they can.

Just not in the seller's own threads. A seller's thread is their own personal store space. It's considered bad manners.

Also discussing "not wasting their time" is the not only thing being discussed. What is happening is people are going out of their way to discuss more than just wasting their time. They're mocking him, his collection...

...and all because people can read minds now.

lol

I'll agree that I thought he asked too much for the book but if that is the measure of attention whoring real estate space then there are dozens of sellers every month that are guilty.

Let me ask you something, you really think I mock CAL and his collection just because I'm some mean spirited A-hole? Believe it or not, that isn't why. CAL has gone out of his way to do the same to me a million and one times. I can't even count how many "enjoy your fake registry bought with mommies credit cards" and other comments hes made to me.

Anyone who mocks gets a hell ya from me.

He not only smeared my name and defamed my character, he has thwarted my attempt to help a friend regain her sight by making the board question my veracity. I start a thread about an artist needing 6 grand to get her retinas reattachment surgery and get PMs telling me Cal said I was a scammer so they think it is made up..

He calls it "misinforming" aka lying out his butt..

So please mock yourself silly on that lying spoon.

I don't think you're a mean spirited A-hole. I do think that you exaggerate a lot when you talk, you use a lot of superlatives and always speak in hyperbola and it makes it hard to know when you are being genuine.

I think you guys are both just childish, like two drunks in a bar arguing and getting nowhere. Two wrongs trying to make a right.

I've actually discussed Cal's happenings on the boards with Cal in the past, both on the phone and via PM...although, in case it matters to anyone I don't know that I've ever done a deal with him. It was purely out of trying to make the boards a better place.

I don't read all of his posts so I probably miss most of the stuff that goes on between you two.

I was primarily commenting on his FS thread, and I considered it crapping - I would no matter who it was. I also happened to read the Poof thread (and the one before it because my name was mentioned) and that's what I based my posts on in this thread.

As far as Mark goes, I was going to mention something to Mark about going on and on about you too and then decided not to get involved because I don't know the whole story between you two (more of me not reading all of your posts) but I think you're exaggerating when you say he threatened you. I just don't see Mark picking a fight in a parking lot (I've met him - obviously I could be wrong but that's just my impression) unless there is truly something wrong with the water in Davie, FL. lol

People wrongly accused me of the same thing when I offered to meet a board member at a show to work out a problem. :facepalm:

Whatever - you guys want to keep arguing and poking fun, go ahead. It's a free country.

To be clear though, my main problem was not your personal battles, it was keeping fairness and integrity in the for sale section. Guilty until proven innocent. If someone is found guilty, I'll be the first to bring out the welcome mat so that you can walk all over them with both feet. Otherwise, people will just need to toe the line...or it becomes a free-for-all.

Roy is not getting "fatherly", most of the time Roy is just trying to be reasonable.

While various people here seem to think they are not only able to read other people minds, but to get a thorough grasp on the complex essence their innermost motivations, which is not only unreasonable or ingenuous, but quite unsettling to say the least. This way proper discussions are made very difficult in certain sections, like "Comics General".

CAL deserves everything he gets and then some. He goes out of his way to make sure he is treated the way he is so any trolling he gets is MORE than deserved as far as I'm concerned (thumbs u

If each person not interested would have ignored that thread, nothing would have happened. You have just made Cal more preconceived and more nervous, so he reinforced him in his wrong ideas. There was no solid motivation to criticize his sales approach. Think about it and you’ll see this is precisely what happened.

And it’s very original to think you clearly have an idea on what someone or someone other "deserves". CAL can be annoying, but this goes for everyone, to different degrees. Being so superficial and uncaring never helps. :hi:

I was working on my meme masterpiece. :(

Wouldn't that be a memesterpiece?

I was going to go with "Mastermeme" but that sounds like a 1965 Marvel Comics villain.

Either of those is funnier than anything he could come up with.

Says the member who contributes nothing more than a popcorn graemlin and RMA balloon knot kissing.

Point your hardon elsewhere Francis. (thumbs u

I have said it before and I will say it again:

Threadcrapping to discuss a price / product in someone's sales thread on the boards should not be punishable.

They did not pay for the space.

It should be considered a space just like a flea market / garage sale.

You should be free to say publicly to the seller and your friends (fellow board members) that the item is priced too high.

I've seen plenty of 'great deals', 'below GPA!', 'I wish I had the money' posts in sales threads.

Why can't there be the converse?

'Not a great deal', 'I saw it cheaper elsewhere'.

That is a key point in all this. (thumbs u

As far as Mark goes, I was going to mention something to Mark about going on and on about you too and then decided not to get involved because I don't know the whole story between you two (more of me not reading all of your posts) but I think you're exaggerating when you say he threatened you. I just don't see Mark picking a fight in a parking lot (I've met him - obviously I could be wrong but that's just my impression) unless there is truly something wrong with the water in Davie, FL. lol

People wrongly accused me of the same thing when I offered to meet a board member at a show to work out a problem. :facepalm:

What's the big deal? Sometimes little turds go too far behind the protection of their keyboards, and need to be reminded that reality is right outside their door. (shrug)

Threadcrapping to discuss a price / product in someone's sales thread on the boards should not be punishable.

You should be free to say publicly to the seller and your friends (fellow board members) that the item is priced too high.

I've seen plenty of 'great deals', 'below GPA!', 'I wish I had the money' posts in sales threads.

What about decency?

Do you go to someone's garage sale and tell everyone who walks up that the seller has horrendous prices and they smell like a donkey's coin purse?

If there is something fraudulent, if there is an abuse of the system, if there is something blatant that we as a community feel needs to be addressed, it usually occurs. Interjecting personal opinions in someone else's thread is a dooshey move. It also opens up the door, for what can become, a slippery slope of sabatoging for profit, further clique paranoia, mod meltdowns and the other plethora of unforeseen consequences that arise from giving anonymous comic nerds free reign.

Also, we should keep a list of pro krappers, so when they sell their junk, everyone can inform their potential buyers about better pricing, acurate grade, and any other thing they don't like in general.

*this isn't directed at any single member

He not only smeared my name and defamed my character, he has thwarted my attempt to help a friend regain her sight by making the board question my veracity. I start a thread about an artist needing 6 grand to get her retinas reattachment surgery and get PMs telling me Cal said I was a scammer so they think it is made up..

Not good.

What about decency?

Do you go to someone's garage sale and tell everyone who walks up that the seller has horrendous prices and they smell like a donkey's coin purse?

If there is something fraudulent, if there is an abuse of the system, if there is something blatant that we as a community feel needs to be addressed, it usually occurs. Interjecting personal opinions in someone else's thread is a dooshey move. It also opens up the door, for what can become, a slippery slope of sabatoging for profit, further clique paranoia, mod meltdowns and the other plethora of unforeseen consequences that arise from giving anonymous comic nerds free reign.

Also, we should keep a list of pro krappers, so when they sell their junk, everyone can inform their potential buyers about better pricing, acurate grade, and any other thing they don't like in general.

*this isn't directed at any single member

I'm not suggesting that so-called 'thread-crapping' be encouraged, only that sometimes sellers need to be reminded that selling here is a privilege not a right.

Show respect to your potential buyers. Show respect to this community by not taking a snake oil salesman approach to pimping your wares.

Be honest and upfront.

It took a long time to build this current community. It's a great place. I feel buyers have the right to call out those who attempt to abuse it.

2c

If there is an abuse of the system, if there is something blatant that we as a community feel needs to be addressed, it usually occurs.

Yes it does. It goes by the name thread krapping.