• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action comics 13...sold!

24 posts in this topic

hello all...

just one book today, but a good one!

reg rules apply...3% discount for cash/check, otherwise paypal or MC, Visa, Discover direct accepted...

offers welcomed and encouraged (but I think most will agree the asking price is low!)...time payments available too (pm for details)

take it in thread or PM will work (time stamp if needed, rules)...

lmk any questions...

Action 13...

Slight resto...FC looks high grade, back cover (married) is lower grade, and hence the overall grade...rare book, none the less...

how about we offer at $7995 :o

action13.jpg

here is the back cover;

8f60e14f.jpg

Odd that the back cover wasn't restored to match.

At the time, I thought that the slight resto designation would appeal to buyers a great deal. I think I was wrong about that. A bigger number on the label with a moderate designation would have been more appealing.

What would the value of this have been had the bc been original? In other words, is it really worth $10K (or whatever) just to have that fireworks ad attached?

This is just the perspective from a guy in a much shallower end of the collecting pool.

there are several others pulling hair out too...

funny, this book has been available at conventions for the past 6 months at this price with barely a notice... I put it on the boards, and in 10 minutes, have 4 folks that "want it" but only swong "took" it in the thread or via pm...good move me thinks!

What would the value of this have been had the bc been original? In other words, is it really worth $10K (or whatever) just to have that fireworks ad attached?

This is just the perspective from a guy in a much shallower end of the collecting pool.

the back cover is original, just from another copy... if it had of been a 4.5 slight non married, would have sold for thousands more (thumbs u

I feel like conventions are overload for high priced books G.A. tor. Since there are so many books available guys/girls with the kinda cash to buy these books are looking for grails or great investment deals or something and its overload (like a kid with A.D.H.D, I know thats how I feel at NYCC) Here there isn't that overload so when a great book pops up at a great price it gets swallowed fast because it stands out, as opposed to a con where its still in a sea. Guy I bought from at NYCC had 15 AF 15s at his stand but no one noticed the gorgeous Tales of Suspense 50 he had laying right next to them (9.0)