• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Movie: Iron Man 3

427 posts in this topic

Just for the record, sales don't prove anything. People are insufficiently_thoughtful_persons for the most part. If sales prove how good something is, Justin Bieber is the most talented musician on the planet.

Iron Man 3 is much better than 2. Not even close...and the sales prove it.

3 might not appeal to all the comic fans but the general public is eating it up. As a fan of the comic and our hobby, I can't be happier with it's success.

The two top grossing movies of all time have iron man in them...I never thought that was even possible.

There is so much to be happy about as a fan. hm

Iron Man was in the Titanic and Avatar? :o

Good point. For some reason I thought Avengers was first. My mistake.

To correct it...two of the top 5 grossing movies of all time will have Iron Man is still amazing.

Record breaking sales prove that the general public likes it. It might not be a masterpiece movie but it's enjoyable and it's a comic book movie. I suspend disbelief and enjoy.

I really enjoyed the film.

But I did laugh at one thing...here is Tony Stark, one of the richest men in the world, with a security force at his disposal, who has just made a threat inviting a world terrorist on national television to meet him mano-a-mano at his home address...and an old one night stand who he snubbed shows up and is able to walk up and knock on the front door.

3 might not appeal to all the comic fans but the general public is eating it up. As a fan of the comic and our hobby, I can't be happier with it's success.

The two top grossing movies of all time have iron man in them...I never thought that was even possible.

Iron Man was in the Titanic and Avatar? :o

Good point. For some reason I thought Avengers was first. My mistake.

To correct it...two of the top 5 grossing movies of all time will have Iron Man is still amazing.

No, you were right....in terms of opening weekend box office numbers.

I understood you.

Iron Man is in Avatar and Titanic? :o

Ok, slow on the trigger :(

Sales is not always a baromerter of quality.

Yes he is.

cinemaniablog_iron_man_titanic.jpg

Yes he is.

cinemaniablog_iron_man_titanic.jpg

I probably would've enjoyed that movie more if this scene really happened lol

I had high expectations because i kept hearing how it was going to be SOOOOOO much better than IM2. I'm in the minority and actually liked IM2. I didnt think IM3 was even close to 2 much less the 1st.

I didnt pay $18 to see Tony Stark make a taser glove at Home Depot meh

Yes you did.

No joke, as I was walking out the 1st time I saw it I was like "DAMN! Now I know how Logan510 felt walking out of the Avengers!" lol

lol

I would rather stare at this picture all day long as opposed to seeing IM3

catsushi_platter_zpsb082e7b2.jpg

Oh, and i REALLY liked the billion dollar fireworks show he put on for Pepper at the end also :facepalm:

One of many silly SILLIEST scenes in this movie.

The (proverbial) cherry on top :sick:

Oh, and i REALLY liked the billion dollar fireworks show he put on for Pepper at the end also :facepalm:

One of many silly SILLIEST scenes in this movie.

The (proverbial) cherry on top :sick:

wow that is a hard one for me to decide...silliest scene in IM 3?

I will go with the fan boy TV tech in the van who not only gushed all over Tony and had his hair styled the same he also had to have a tatoo of Tony's face on his arm.

It is just LAME and I have no understanding of how that garbage even makes it into a film.

The only reason this movie has made so much money is because marvel and Kevin Feige hype it up so much. That iron man 3 is the beginning of phase 2 so people went in expecting to see a movie that also gives hints of what to come in phase 2.

I think a lot of you guys are way too harsh on the movie but most of us expect more being directly involved in comic books than your average audience. When it comes to thumbs down though, we are in the minority vs critics and general audience reviews.

I think a lot of you guys are way too harsh on the movie but most of us expect more being directly involved in comic books than your average audience. When it comes to thumbs down though, we are in the minority vs critics and general audience reviews.

And this is exactly why I created my website.

I just expect a solid effort creating a good STORY( extremely lacking in IM 3 ) and a good movie.

All it will take is one big dud, one Howard the Duck to straighten people out. Despite the numbers, people ARE getting sick of the same old superhero flicks and trailers over and over. I have a hard time telling one from the other. All too similar.

All this will crash down in time. It may take a while like it has with Vampire and Zombies. But it will happen. One big bomb and all the studio heads will be scared shipless.