• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Movie: Iron Man 3

427 posts in this topic

IM 3 was nothing like the first two (or any of the other Marvel Cinematic movies) and just bad.

:(

So far, this is holding at 93% on rottentomatoes.

I have noticed a trend for rotten to have overly positive reviews around release time for blockbusters. I have no proof but I think it might be manipulated.

Still has a decent score on Metacritic too though.

I think it is more that they let certain people in to early screenings that they know will enjoy the film. Then once the official release comes out things change. I mean the metacritic score only has 8 reviews.

metacritic score is pretty mediocre currently at 66 after 15 reviews. oh well, better than IM2

Watched it last week. Still pretty pissed about the plot twist.

Recycled, from a much better film. Disappointing.

Just tell me that The Mandarin isn't as disappointing as Bane was. :wishluck:

Much worse.

There's a site also a app for the apple, which you can watch movies/ TV shows if anyone wants to see it check out www.veetle.com

Half decent copy on there, some dude just sitting in the movie theater video taping it, coughing and people walking by

Ok everyone. I posted this on my site www.filmigos.com. I should see you guys rating it up the wazoo. Help me out if you see this weekend or if you have already seen it!

Thanks!

There's a site also a app for the apple, which you can watch movies/ TV shows if anyone wants to see it check out www.veetle.com

Half decent copy on there, some dude just sitting in the movie theater video taping it, coughing and people walking by

Damn you... I have work to do and need to see it properly. I said let me take a look... that look lasted well over ten minutes.

IM 3 was nothing like the first two (or any of the other Marvel Cinematic movies) and just bad.

I have noticed a trend for rotten to have overly positive reviews around release time for blockbusters. I have no proof but I think it might be manipulated.

I think it is more that they let certain people in to early screenings that they know will enjoy the film. Then once the official release comes out things change. I mean the metacritic score only has 8 reviews.

Yeah. So that would be an example of studio manipulation.

That's gone on in some form or another for years.

Marvel as a publisher does it by only allowing certain reviewers pre-release reading copies (there's an article on ComicsBeat about it).

Yeah. So that would be an example of studio manipulation.

That's gone on in some form or another for years.

Marvel as a publisher does it by only allowing certain reviewers pre-release reading copies (there's an article on ComicsBeat about it).

won't matter in the least. movie is critic proof. $1bb-$1.2bb WW is guaranteed.

Just saw the movie and it was OK. It wasn't that great to me. What killed it for me was they did with the Mandarian. :sick:

The 1st movie was still the best IMO.

Iron Man 3 gets a 6/10.

The film had the right balance of action, story and humour. I was loving every minute of it, "at last" I thought to myself, a movie to rival the first or maybe even better it.

All of these things were running through my mind until the plot-twist.... which completely drew me out of the movie and ruined it.

I hated this part of the movie. It was all going so well, yes I did not see it coming and they had the balls to do it but it was the wrong decision IMO.

The action scenes were awesome, especially in 3D and the ending was much more satisfying then the 2 second fight scene with Whiplash from IM2.

I went into this movie as a comic fan and action movie fan, I know nothing about Iron Man or its characters in the comics, so this isn't a disappointed fan-boy just a disappointed movie goer who was loving a movie until it took the wrong direction.

The other bad points are no AC/DC and an incredibly corny end credits that reminded me of a mix of Austin Powers & 60s Batman. Weird.

7/10 for me, still can't live up to the original.

7/10 for me, still can't live up to the original.

If the movie took the direction that "I" think it should have taken, it would have rivalled if not surpassed Iron Man 1. But....

Well... see it for yourself. I really think this movie is going to divide opinion.

What a shame. If it is that powerful and then they blew it, talk about a missed opportunity.

The scene from the commercial when Tony dives off the building into the Iron Man suit - how cool was that?

What a shame. If it is that powerful and then they blew it, talk about a missed opportunity.

The scene from the commercial when Tony dives off the building into the Iron Man suit - how cool was that?

He dives into a lot of suits. There are a lot of clever moments in it which I liked. RDJ was awesome in this film, just balances it all so well. The humour throughout doesn't feel like slapstick when it could in the wrong hands.

Again Don Cheadle is no Terence Howard and I think how much better these films could have been with Terence Howard still in the role as he played off RDJ so well in the first. Not sure why he wasn't in the IM2... wage dispute?

Again Don Cheadle is no Terence Howard and I think how much better these films could have been with Terence Howard still in the role as he played off RDJ so well in the first. Not sure why he wasn't in the IM2... wage dispute?

Terrence Howard on Why He Didn't Return to the 'Iron Man' Franchise

That's crazy. The studio wanted Don Cheadle in the first place yet Terrence Howard made Rhodey his own, played off RDJ with ease and their interaction brought Iron Man up another level when they were onscreen together.

All Cheadle did was make me not care to see Rhodey ever again.