• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Movie: Iron Man 3

427 posts in this topic

For those who are still in the dark about the Mandarin, the villain is simply a concoction by Aldrich Killian performed by an actor named Trevor Cassidy. Stark discovers the façade when he heads to the Mandarin's home and finds him in bed with a couple of girls. After some intense questioning, the actor reveals the plot.

i'll still watch but i don't know why they did this at all

Ugh, what an absolute turd of a movie. One of the worst twists ever and just way too much slapstick humour. The Mark 42 sucked and the twist just fell flat on its face.

Doesn't come close to the other 2 and I wasn't that keen on the sequel.

Really really disappointing

It sucked :cry:

Major disappointment.

Did you like the other IM movies?

IM was one of my favorite movies of all time.

IM 2 was a disappointment as a sequel but not bad if judged on it's own.

IM 3 was nothing like the first two (or any of the other Marvel Cinematic movies) and just bad.

I need to watch it again to form an opinion but there is just so much wrong with it. Once it's released in the US next week the floodgates here will open. Especially about a certain HUGE spoiler which i won't mention and i'm sure will have you guys fuming. Even the after credits scene was bad.

Ok spoilers. Read at your own risk.

WTF did they do to the Mandarin :screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy: :screwy: :screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy: :screwy: :screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy: :screwy: :screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy: :screwy: :screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy: :screwy: :screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy: :screwy: :screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy: :screwy: :screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy: :screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy: :screwy: :screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy: :screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy: :screwy: :screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy: :screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy: :screwy: :screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy: :screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy: :screwy: :screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy:

It sucked :cry:

Major disappointment.

Did you like the other IM movies?

IM was one of my favorite movies of all time.

IM 2 was a disappointment as a sequel but not bad if judged on it's own.

IM 3 was nothing like the first two (or any of the other Marvel Cinematic movies) and just bad.

I need to watch it again to form an opinion but there is just so much wrong with it. Once it's released in the US next week the floodgates here will open. Especially about a certain HUGE spoiler which i won't mention and i'm sure will have you guys fuming. Even the after credits scene was bad.

Ok spoilers. Read at your own risk.

WTF did they do to the Mandarin :screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy: :screwy: :screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy: :screwy: :screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy: :screwy: :screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy: :screwy: :screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy: :screwy: :screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy: :screwy: :screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy: :screwy: :screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy: :screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy: :screwy: :screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy: :screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy: :screwy: :screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy: :screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy: :screwy: :screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy: :screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy: :screwy: :screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy:

That MacGuffin was somewhat odd. My guess is that there are two reasons why they did that (I'll say no more).

:(

So far, this is holding at 93% on rottentomatoes.

I have noticed a trend for rotten to have overly positive reviews around release time for blockbusters. I have no proof but I think it might be manipulated.

I have noticed a trend for rotten to have overly positive reviews around release time for blockbusters. I have no proof but I think it might be manipulated.

You could be right. Especially since Flixster/Rotten Tomatoes offers advertising on the site (check out the partner list), along with business development opportunities most probably to push its UltraVilot application.

137445.jpg.7ecaaf9123737c0837ff34d6b7becc80.jpg

137446.jpg.861625059fea199572b2e90f0b76c30d.jpg

Still has a decent score on Metacritic too though.

I think it is more that they let certain people in to early screenings that they know will enjoy the film. Then once the official release comes out things change. I mean the metacritic score only has 8 reviews.

Still has a decent score on Metacritic too though.

I think it is more that they let certain people in to early screenings that they know will enjoy the film. Then once the official release comes out things change. I mean the metacritic score only has 8 reviews.

Yeah. So that would be an example of studio manipulation.

Movie sucked. Many large plot holes, contrived plot devices, constant illogical choices by characters to promote drama and predictable.

I thought the first 2/3 was excellent, and one major twist was a real surprise. The action sequence at the end not so much.

Movie sucked. Many large plot holes, contrived plot devices, constant illogical choices by characters to promote drama and predictable.

I thought the first 2/3 was excellent, and one major twist was a real surprise. The action sequence at the end not so much.

Each to their own. I did laugh and become invested in the characters. But I thought many of the plot choices were silly, which snapped me right out of the escapism.

Just tell me that The Mandarin isn't as disappointing as Bane was. :wishluck:

Depends what you're expecting, I guess.

I thought this movie was much better than TDKR - did a much better job of balancing light and dark.

Just tell me that The Mandarin isn't as disappointing as Bane was. :wishluck:

Depends what you're expecting, I guess.

I thought this movie was much better than TDKR - did a much better job of balancing light and dark.

I really enjoyed tdkr until I got out of the cinema and thought about it. Now it is my least favorite of the trilogy.

I really liked Bane.