• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Movie: Iron Man 3

427 posts in this topic

I just got out of the movie...... Fantastic!

Now that is a different review than others. Maybe there is hope.

I'm easy to please. lol

I can see why some would be nay-Sayers, but, IM is just too cool for me.

Now that is a different review than others. Maybe there is hope.

I'm easy to please. lol

I can see why some would be nay-Sayersnip-picky fanboys,but, IM is just too cool for me.

:whistle:

Seeing it in IMAX tomorrow. It has overwhelming positive reviews from critics and movie goers. Did you stay until after the credits?

Yes. Bonus scene just okay.... No new info.

Just saw it tonight. For me it was worth it for the laughs. Should have called it Tony Stark 3. Plot twist? You call that a plot twist?. It was more of a plot fizzle or plot fail or how about just a plot give up because I'm tired of writing this drivel. Wonder if the direction had anything to do with Jon Favereau not directing it. Ok that's done, looking forward to the Star Trek movie. at least the preview of the next Hunger Games movie was cool.

I just got back. It was good, but I didn't think it was as good as the original (surprise, surprise)

I think Shane Black tried to be Shane Black (duh). Kiss Kiss Bang Bang with RDJr was an excellent movie, and Black basically just tried to make Downey have the same character that he did in KKBB. Just thought there was a little too much ill timed comedy, and the ending wrapped up too quickly. I don't know much about Iron Man (yet) so I can't speak from a fanboy standpoint, but from a cinema buff standpoint it was solid.

I just got home fom watching it and I thought it was "okay". It was no where as good as the first one but definitely better than the second (not saying much). The "twist" was a bold move but in my opinion it was a MAJOR faliure and falls flat. The film was entertaining but if this is a sign of things to come for Marvel than DC may have a chance to pull ahead.

I was supposed to go see it tonight. It was a Cisco sponsored showing. Get to the theater, get my drink, get my seat, and then my phone rings. Damn e-mail server decided to crash. Back to work and still here 5 hours later.

I was supposed to go see it tonight. It was a Cisco sponsored showing. Get to the theater, get my drink, get my seat, and then my phone rings. Damn e-mail server decided to crash. Back to work and still here 5 hours later.

Congratulations on missing out on a bad movie :applause:

Only joking it's not that bad. Sucks you had to leave :(

I just got home fom watching it and I thought it was "okay". It was no where as good as the first one but definitely better than the second (not saying much). The "twist" was a bold move but in my opinion it was a MAJOR faliure and falls flat. The film was entertaining but if this is a sign of things to come for Marvel than DC may have a chance to pull ahead.

I agree with this.

The humour in the Avengers worked but it didn't compromise the story. I felt the humour in Iron Man 3 compromised alot of the ground built from IM1,2 & Avengers.

Most of the points raised by The_Collector are valid and point to this. Things were done for humour sake alone... not that it wasn't funny cause I was genuine laughing and having a good time. But I just don't think they got the balance as right as they did in the Avengers.

The humour in the Avengers worked but it didn't compromise the story.

Even the scene when Hulk punches Thor out after they defeat the Leviathan was perfectly delivered.

It turns out pulling off that scene was tougher than you would realize.

1. When Hulk punches Thor, that was one of the hardest shots to get right.

That sequence took from the first day of the process until the very end, says White. It's one long continuous shot of the two of them working together, ending with Hulk punching Thor. For the actual punch, they put Chris Hemsworth in front of a bluescreen standing on top of a real section of a downed Leviathan that they built. And they attached Hemsworth to a cable pull that they retimed, so he could look like he was knocked sidewise. They cut a few frames out of the footage, so it looks like Hulk's punch has "instant impact," says White.

Weird Secrets of The Avengers That You'd Never Have Guessed

I saw it last night and really enjoyed it. It was more fun/entertainment than anything else. I'll have my Paulie Popcorn review this weekend.

Go rate it at my site!