• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The secret to Agent Coulson's return is revealed.

28 posts in this topic

Seems lame to me. hm

"In the pilot (ABC's "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."), it’s revealed Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson), the ultimate super spy, faked Agent Coulson’s death on purpose to motivate The Avengers. Some S.H.I.E.L.D. members were in on it (including, possibly, Maria Hill played by Cobie Smulders) but The Avengers were not. Their security clearance wasn’t high enough. Coulson was forced to hold his breath as part of the ruse and that’s a point of contention among his colleagues After the fact, Fury moved him to a remote location until things died down, and then he was reinserted into duty at the time of the show."

Oh man, that's REALLY lame. Why didn't they just...

say it was a life model decoy? (Or maybe that is how they introduce them into the show?)

I don't see what's wrong with that....

faking a death does not mean he wasn't seriously injured and near death. He was...

It just seems so 1980's to do a...

Faked death or evil twin scenario. I dunno - you're probably right that if they had to bring him back, they have to do something.

I don't see what's wrong with that....

faking a death does not mean he wasn't seriously injured and near death. He was...

It just seems so 1980's to do a...

Faked death or evil twin scenario. I dunno - you're probably right that if they had to bring him back, they have to do something.

Hey, could be worse. Could have gone all "Dallas" with this story.

No he's not!

lol

Just kinda cheapens his ''death'' scene, don't ya think?

Well now, manipulative bastich that Fury is, it makes sense that he'd pull a smooth one to light the spark under the Avengers' collective arses.

And Coulson didn't die on camera, so it's All Good as far as I'm concerned.

Just thought I should provide a link to the info. The studio might change the details after reading so much internet disappointment. I wouldn't want to be accused of making that up.

Not that I wouldn't do something like that. It's just that I could make up something a whole lot better than that . lol

(Wow, even the word "" shows up as *spoon*, on this forum?)