• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROUND 4 : Contest

338 posts in this topic

If DiceX's team get it spot on i am only going to give 0.5 of a point, and 0.5 for a grade off.

Just so we're straight on this, unless their grade is dead-on, then DiceX's team gets no punishment whatsover?

Dean Wormer... is that you?

If DiceX's team get it spot on i am only going to give 0.5 of a point, and 0.5 for a grade off.

Just so we're straight on this, unless their grade is dead-on, then DiceX's team gets no punishment whatsover?

I just hope the grade is 8.0 and it doesn't matter! grin.gifthumbsup2.gif

uh oh, I can hear JC running into the room now. popcorn.gif

Decision is final sumo.gif

I think it's fair.

A half point penalty for being slow.

Uh, slow? Didn't the guess come after the posting of the other gardes? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif (I'll take whatever FFB and Jimm94 guess sumo.gif)

I think it's fair.

Of course, it's only a half-point penalty if they're dead on. If it's a grade off, then they get the same grade as another team, who posted on time, who was also a grade off.

foreheadslap.gif

Maybe each team should be allowed one rule bending.

Ummm, sending UV your grade AFTER all the other guesses are posted is not "bending" the rules. foreheadslap.gif

Well, if I had known BEFORE they were posted that we did not have a score submitted (as I recall happened for Round 1 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif)... it would have been submitted before.

Besides, who says I can read? Have you noticed some of my non-sequitur comments? grin.gif

Maybe each team should be allowed one rule bending. Period. Not leniency on all rules that have been bent. So, our team could not know post grade guesses without a total disqualification for the round and Team Fear could not be late, etc.

Of course, all of the rest of the teams could flout the rules willy-nilly.

Once.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

A Mulligan? 27_laughing.gif

I think it's fair.

Of course, it's only a half-point penalty if they're dead on. If it's a grade off, then they get the same grade as another team, who posted on time, who was also a grade off.

foreheadslap.gif

But there are no 1/4 points... frown.gif

uh oh, I can hear JC running into the room now. popcorn.gif

Decision is final sumo.gif

I think it's fair.

Uh, slow? Didn't the guess come after the posting of the other gardes? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif (I'll take whatever FFB and Jimm94 guess sumo.gif)

Exactly...My team makes an all out effort to get the grade in in time and on the last round we scored 0 points....perhaps we should get a 1/2 point for being on time... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, if I had known BEFORE they were posted that we did not have a score submitted (as I recall happened for Round 1 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif)... it would have been submitted before.

Don't worry, someday you'll be ready for the responsibilities of adulthood. grin.gif

Well, it seems that everybody is behind its computer, waiting for the result... grin.gif

That's because the grade is an 8.5 and now Nikos and UV are trying to Photoshop it into a 9.0 to make sure DiceX gets punished. 27_laughing.gif

Well, it seems that everybody is behind its computer, waiting for the result... grin.gif

That's because the grade is an 8.5 and now Nikos and UV are trying to Photoshop it into a 9.0 to make sure DiceX gets punished. 27_laughing.gif

This would be pretty boring without JC and Red!!! Cheers mates! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I do not know what happened to our fair captain. But, honestly, we had our grade decided a couple of days ago.

Yup. foreheadslap.gifsorry.gif

foreheadslap.gif

Well I don't know WTF our capt. is, but any one of us three remaining team members can give the grade. We're all in an e-mail group so any one of us could forward the conversation to UV with our grade. It was decided days ago. This kind of [!@#%^&^] makes me want to quite. This is why I never participate in team sports, I hate having to count on anyone. 893frustrated.gif

I think it's fair.

foreheadslap.gif

UV...

If we are not dead on, don't give us any points. Hopefully this will silence the crybaby. I'm not going to let someone call me a cheater.

And if we fall far enough behind, we'll just "have to go away on business" and offer our score to someone else... 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.giftonofbricks.gif

Don't worry, someday you'll be ready for the responsibilities of adulthood. grin.gif

Listen, sonny, point of fact is that other teams were alerted to the fact that there were no grades submitted. They were not docked for that.

We received no warning and will be docked... presuming our grade guess is on the money (which sort of figures that it will be given how we have been doing in the first rounds... stooges.gif).

Also, believe it or not, my eyes immediately went to the frowny emoticon since that seemed out of place. Seeing our team name at the front of that line prompted me to immediately PM UV without looking at the other grades.

I know you are not going to believe me... and why I am wasting my fingers, I do not know.... but I am trying to get the right grade. I do not really care what grades other folks post.

... which is probably why I stink at sports and life as it is currently lived.... no killer instinct (at least no legal killer instinct insane.gif)

Thanks,

Fan4Fan