• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROUND 4 : Contest

338 posts in this topic

If we are not dead on, don't give us any points. Hopefully this will silence the crybaby. I'm not going to let someone call me a cheater.

I'd love you to try this pansyass BS on a cop who pulls you over for speeding. "You crybaby Copper, I didn't mean to speed, I'm not going to let someone call me a lawbreaker!!!"

If you don't want to be a tool, don't break the rule.

If we are not dead on, don't give us any points. Hopefully this will silence the crybaby. I'm not going to let someone call me a cheater.

I'd love you to try this pansyass BS on a cop who pulls you over for speeding. "You crybaby Copper, I didn't mean to speed, I'm not going to let someone call me a lawbreaker!!!"

Hey, this worked for me to get out of an illegal parking ticket just last month.

Of course, that lady cop was all hopped up on goofballs at the time...

...and when did you appoint yourself as the cop of the forum? Bad analogy. Try again, crybaby.

I know you are not going to believe me... and why I am wasting my fingers, I do not know.... but I am trying to get the right grade. I do not really care what grades other folks post.

Come on, no one is saying you're cheating, but the rules are in effect to ensure equal treatment for all, and to keep things fair.

How many people get caught inadvertently speeding and get a ticket? I'm sure the cop doesn't think you're a killing machine intent on mowing down old ladies and kids, but he has to enforce the rules equally for all.

The problem is UV posted the grades before letting you know you team had no vote .

Once that happened it was too late , you vote should not stand .

Sorry not calling anyone a cheater ,

I can send our e-mail conversation (with headers) to anyone that would like to read it. Our decision was made days ago. Unfortunately the three of us that are here now are not allowed to submit the grade. Unfortunately we (like everyone else) didn't have a choice about who our capt. was. On the other hand we should have also had a contingency plan in case he pulled a no show. Any teams out there haven't designated an alternate better learn from our mistake and do it now.

I know you are not going to believe me... and why I am wasting my fingers, I do not know.... but I am trying to get the right grade. I do not really care what grades other folks post.

Come on, no one is saying you're cheating, but the rules are in effect to ensure equal treatment for all, and to keep things fair.

How many people get caught inadvertently speeding and get a ticket? I'm sure the cop doesn't think you're a killing machine intent on mowing down old ladies and kids, but he has to enforce the rules equally for all.

Actually, around where I live, I would like to see the cops enforce them at all.

We seem to be glossing over the fact that other groups were publicly told that they were late BEFORE grades were posted.

Did I miss that that was no longer going to be done?

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

JC....yesterday you were comparing my getting a break in a comic book grading contest with OJ getting off with the murder of two people.

Now you're trying to draw some whacky parallel between getting a grade in late in a comic book grading contest with vehicular homicide.

So I gotta ask you......how many times a day were you belt-whipped as a kid?

27_laughing.gif

And in defense of Dice, he has been a great capt. to this point. Very organized and motivated. I'm actually worried about him now. This isn't like him as far as I know.

My thoughts exactly!

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Come on, no one is saying you're cheating,

Ummm, sending UV your grade AFTER all the other guesses are posted is not "bending" the rules

Well, it seems like a pretty strong implication...

Okay, did you break the rules, as stated by UV, regardless of circumstance or whether you think it's fair or not?

Yes or No?

On the other hand we should have also had a contingency plan in case he pulled a no show. Any teams out there haven't designated an alternate better learn from our mistake and do it now.

The problem is that we didn't know he pulled a no-show until it was too late. There is nothing we could have done even if we had a back-up plan.

Ok... it's just a game... I'm simmering down now. tongue.gif

Now you're trying to draw some whacky parallel between getting a grade in late in a comic book grading contest with vehicular homicide.

Vehicular manslaughter? WTF?

Losing your eyesight already? Too much goofballs?

Perhaps UV could pm both the captain and the alternate as the deadline approaches.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The capt. and alternate should just both submit the score. That way if one gets hit by a bus then a grade still gets submitted an no more work is created for the organizers.